ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of rumors about Sanders?

Pitt is #1

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2009
Rumor is he is going to decommit from PSU. Anyone have any info on where he is headed?

Never pick on a kid for changing his mind. It's a very big decision and probably the first one like this in his life.

Reactions: S'port PITT
All the more reason to wait until you are sure; especially highly ranked players. They will always have a ship held for them. Early verbals often lead to a de-commitment.

Reactions: EPC FAN
All the more reason to wait until you are sure; especially highly ranked players. They will always have a ship held for them. Early verbals often lead to a de-commitment.
In his mind he was sure. The DOMINATOR had him convinced.

That was before the Duzz got here. Hopefully he comes to his senses and stays home.

SIMPLE QUESTION:
Where one can learn, play, and sooner become an NFL Millionaire and what University Program has produced the most Hall of Famers , NCAA Record Breakers, and NFL Records besides ND, USC, and OSU?

If Mr. Sanders wants to play early and often just like Donald, Shady, Revis, Fitzgerald, Boyd, and Conner.......PITT IS IT!

SIMPLE QUESTION:
Where one can learn, play, and sooner become an NFL Millionaire and what University Program has produced the most Hall of Famers , NCAA Record Breakers, and NFL Records besides ND, USC, and OSU?

If Mr. Sanders wants to play early and often just like Donald, Shady, Revis, Fitzgerald, Boyd, and Conner.......PITT IS IT!

Cap't, spot on !!

#PITT IS IT

Coach Franklin is a fine person and great recruiter and I will not disrespect his skills and personality. He is on record and I can link it, that he wants 3 Deep Squads of Four Star Players to compete at all Practices to develop great competition. So he is telling all recruits they will be given a shot to start?????

Yet, think about that, how can squads of 66 Players play actual games when only 22 to at best 28 Players can actually play the 11 positions on Offense and Defense. Sorry, but that means more Recruits heading to Penn State to become an elite practice squad of 66 Players means they will play less at games, and practices are limited to 17 hours a week????

Consequently, a Three, Four, or Five Star Recruit coming to PITT will have a better and smarter chance to play than among 66 Four Star Recruits at Penn State. It is not the practices that develop football Skills it is the Game Experiences and chance for NFL Scouts to see one perform in games not practices???

When I think of PITT Running Backs in Marshall Goldberg (Heisman runner Up-HOF Nomination), Tony Dorsett (HOF), Curtis Martin (HOF), and Shady McCoy (Conference Offensive Players Of Year) all going on to NFL Careers and Hall of Fame Nominations, Busts, NCAA and NFL Records compared to the Penn State First Round Draft Busts in Campbell, Blair, Enis, and Carter (All NFL First Round Draft Busts) and the far fewer WVU Hall of Famers, one has to wonder why would you go to a Football Program to practice when PITT's Program produces Stars for the NCAA and NFL???

It is about going to a Program that one can learn to excel and play as soon as possible, not one to sit the bench, or be put on a practice squad, Recruits that look at Rosters and Need of a Football Program end up being in the right place at the right time, to play not just practice?

Pro Sports have changed, playing 2 to 3 years in college and starting is better than then practicing 3 years and starting 1 year, and if a Football Program has 6 to 10 Four Star Running Backs, how do you play when 4 to 6 are ahead of you?

PITT has out produced far more higher caliber Running Backs than Penn State or WVU combined!

Last edited:
Coach Franklin is a fine person and great recruiter and I will not disrespect his skills and personality. He is on record and I can link it, that he wants 3 Deep Squads of Four Star Players to compete at all Practices to develop great competition. So he is telling all recruits they will be given a shot to start?????

Yet, think about that, how can squads of 66 Players play actual games when only 22 to at best 28 Players can actually play the 11 positions on Offense and Defense. Sorry, but that means more Recruits heading to Penn State to become an elite practice squad of 66 Players means they will play less at games, and practices are limited to 17 hours a week????

Consequently, a Three, Four, or Five Star Recruit coming to PITT will have a better and smarter chance to play than among 66 Four Star Recruits at Penn State. It is not the practices that develop football Skills it is the Game Experiences and chance for NFL Scouts to see one perform in games not practices???

When I think of PITT Running Backs in Marshall Goldberg (Heisman runner Up-HOF Nomination), Tony Dorsett (HOF), Curtis Martin (HOF), and Shady McCoy (Conference Offensive Players Of Year) all going on to NFL Careers and Hall of Fame Nominations, Busts, NCAA and NFL Records compared to the Penn State First Round Draft Busts in Campbell, Blair, Enis, and Carter (All NFL First Round Draft Busts) and the far fewer WVU Hall of Famers, one has to wonder why would you go to a Football Program to practice when PITT's Program produces Stars for the NCAA and NFL???

It is about going to a Program that one can learn to excel and play as soon as possible, not one to sit the bench, or be put on a practice squad, Recruits that look at Rosters and Need of a Football Program end up being in the right place at the right time, to play not just practice?

Pro Sports have changed, playing 2 to 3 years in college and starting is better than then practicing 3 years and starting 1 year, and if a Football Program has 6 to 10 Four Star Running Backs, how do you play when 4 to 6 are ahead of you?

PITT has out produced far more higher caliber Running Backs than Penn State or WVU combined!

Cap't, you are the voice of reason !

It is simple. If you want to spend your college years for the glory of the University, then maybe PSU is the place for you.

If you want to spend your college years preparing yourself for independence and being self sufficient, then a place like Pitt is for you.

That pretty much sums it up..college is the means to an end: not the end itself.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
It is simple. If you want to spend your college years for the glory of the University, then maybe PSU is the place for you.

If you want to spend your college years preparing yourself for independence and being self sufficient, then a place like Pitt is for you.

That pretty much sums it up..college is the means to an end: not the end itself.

So, if you go to Pitt, there is no Glory and if you go to Penn State, you aren't independent? That makes absolutely no sense.

Reactions: Iupswack
The cultural diversity of the City of Pittsburgh alone should make a college student more independent and worldly.

I don’t have the time to research this but it seems logical to me. Creepy Valley …..not so diverse

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
The cultural diversity of the City of Pittsburgh alone should make a college student more independent and worldly.

I don’t have the time to research this but it seems logical to me. Creepy Valley …..not so diverse

The kids Pitt wants most are within 20 minutes of Pittsburgh. How is it independent and worldly if you live 20 minutes from your parents and are eating supper there some nights? I'm all for arguments as to why it makes more sense to pick Pitt for football reasons, but this stuff has nothing to do with what a 17 year old kid is looking for.

Reactions: lostnite66

Hey, it's the 'ole come to Pitt because you can play right away spiel. Seems you guys have been saying this for decades and yet you still attract few 4/5 star recruits.

Today's 16-17 year old kids couldn't care less about Marshall Goldberg, Tony Dorsett, or Curtis Martin. PSU has put many great running backs into the NFL over the last 50 years. Funny that you only mention a couple that didn't pan out yet you forgot to mention guys like Lenny Moore, Franco Harris, Lydell Mitchel, Curt Warner, and Larry Johnson.

A four star recruit has just as much chance of playing early at PSU as he does at Pitt. Last time I checked, 3 out of our top 4 WRs last year were true or redshirt freshmen. Our top 2 TEs this year will be sophomores. One of our starting safeties last year was a true freshmen and one of our starting LBs was a true sophomore. Either way, if kids were reluctant to go to a school that already has a bunch of 4/5 start recruits, then schools like OSU and Alabama would struggle to get kids which obviously isn't the case.

Cap't, you are the voice of reason !
Why do you say "Franklin is a fine person"? What has he done to merit that praise?
Didn't he say something about he only "hires assistant coaches with good looking wives?"
That alone gets him on the dirtbag or stupid list - probably both.
I believe he also admitted to starting the "hostess program" at Vanderbilt and knew it was a violation but did it because everybody else did? From reading the Vanderbilt board I get the idea the Admin wanted him out after the rape scandal.
Surprised the school hasn't been sued over that.
Mr "Fine person" started the illegal program, recruited the woman who was raped to run it and recruited the felons who assaulted her. Mr. "Fine Person" is a line that connected the dots.

He might end up being a fine person and a great coach.
Only thing he's proven is he's a blowhard and trouble follows him.

Why do you say "Franklin is a fine person"? What has he done to merit that praise?
Didn't he say something about he only "hires assistant coaches with good looking wives?"
That alone gets him on the dirtbag or stupid list - probably both.
I believe he also admitted to starting the "hostess program" at Vanderbilt and knew it was a violation but did it because everybody else did? From reading the Vanderbilt board I get the idea the Admin wanted him out after the rape scandal.
Surprised the school hasn't been sued over that.
Mr "Fine person" started the illegal program, recruited the woman who was raped to run it and recruited the felons who assaulted her. Mr. "Fine Person" is a line that connected the dots.

He might end up being a fine person and a great coach.
Only thing he's proven is he's a blowhard and trouble follows him.

I need to retract my comment, Franfurter is not a fine person ! D'BAG.

Hey, it's the 'ole come to Pitt because you can play right away spiel. Seems you guys have been saying this for decades and yet you still attract few 4/5 star recruits.

Today's 16-17 year old kids couldn't care less about Marshall Goldberg, Tony Dorsett, or Curtis Martin. PSU has put many great running backs into the NFL over the last 50 years. Funny that you only mention a couple that didn't pan out yet you forgot to mention guys like Lenny Moore, Franco Harris, Lydell Mitchel, Curt Warner, and Larry Johnson.

A four star recruit has just as much chance of playing early at PSU as he does at Pitt. Last time I checked, 3 out of our top 4 WRs last year were true or redshirt freshmen. Our top 2 TEs this year will be sophomores. One of our starting safeties last year was a true freshmen and one of our starting LBs was a true sophomore. Either way, if kids were reluctant to go to a school that already has a bunch of 4/5 start recruits, then schools like OSU and Alabama would struggle to get kids which obviously isn't the case.

Ped State leads the ranks of schools wanting to forget the past. Face it - your history is horrendous. NFL busts and coaches raping children and hiding it for 20 years. The only spiel you have is attendance - and that's waning. I think those 16-17year olds have heard of Revis, McCoy, Fitzgerald and Donald - all current stars. Give Narduz some time - we'll flip some good players like we did with Johnson and Holtz.

Ped State leads the ranks of schools wanting to forget the past. Face it - your history is horrendous. NFL busts and coaches raping children and hiding it for 20 years. The only spiel you have is attendance - and that's waning. I think those 16-17year olds have heard of Revis, McCoy, Fitzgerald and Donald - all current stars. Give Narduz some time - we'll flip some good players like we did with Johnson and Holtz.

Our history is horrendous? Let's see, we have 6 NFL Hall of Famers. Currently, we have twice as many starters in the NFL as Pitt does. Navorro Bowman is one of the best LBs in football and Sean Lee isn't too far behind him. Cameron Wake is one of the top 4-3 DEs. Tamba Hali is a multi-year pro bowler. PSU has plenty of start power in the NFL thank you very much.

Our history is horrendous? Let's see, we have 6 NFL Hall of Famers. Currently, we have twice as many starters in the NFL as Pitt does. Navorro Bowman is one of the best LBs in football and Sean Lee isn't too far behind him. Cameron Wake is one of the top 4-3 DEs. Tamba Hali is a multi-year pro bowler. PSU has plenty of start power in the NFL thank you very much.

Kijackass,

Most pro football fans wouldn't even consider Wake and Hall in the top 10 at their position. To the average fan, they are non-existent. When you talk about the top the top WR's, top RB's, top DB's, a Pitt player is in the conversation. Hall and Wake will not be in the Hall of Fame...Who was your honorary captain at your spring game? I believe it was Matt McGloin? Now there's a real earth shaker! We have players playing today that recruits can relate to....Fitzgerald, McCoy, Donald. Not to mention, Revis... But you hang on to Wake and Hall...

I'll keep future hall of famers like Fitzgerald and Revis.... No go ahead and say something stupid like Wake and Hall will also make the hall of fame... I need a good laugh... Beat it nitter...

Last edited:
So, if you go to Pitt, there is no Glory and if you go to Penn State, you aren't independent? That makes absolutely no sense.
Dion, you are drawing your own conclusion here not mine....the lack of "sense" is with your deductive reasoning so chill and think before you type.
First, I did not write that...so where you got your conclusion is beyond me.
Next, tell me where I even suggested an absence of glory in attending Pitt.
Third, notice my actual words were " a place like Pitt" and I did not singularly identify Pitt except as a potential comparison.
Fourth, I don't think it is a leap of fact to suggest that PSU football is the most important aspect that the majority of people associated with that university believe to exist. I could be wrong. But i don't think that I am.
Places and organizations have a "culture" whether they are sports, business, schools, families, etc....
It has been my observation that PSU places the interests of the university and especially the football team above and beyond that of individuals....there are dozens of examples of universities that do not: happily, Pitt is among them.

Kijackass,

Most pro football fans wouldn't even consider Wake and Hall in the top 10 at their position. To the average fan, they are non-existent. When you talk about the top the top WR's, top RB's, top DB's, a Pitt player is in the conversation. Hall and Wake will not be in the Hall of Fame...Who was your honorary captain at your spring game? I believe it was Matt McGloin? Now there's a real earth shaker! We have players playing today that recruits can relate to....Fitzgerald, McCoy, Donald. Not to mention, Revis... But you hang on to Wake and Hall...

I'll keep future hall of famers like Fitzgerald and Revis.... No go ahead and say something stupid like Wake and Hall will also make the hall of fame... I need a good laugh... Beat it nitter...

Average fans are only familiar with QB, RB, and WR so don't really care what the "average fan" thinks. To people that actually know and follow the NFL, Cameron Wake is absolutely considered one of the top 4-3 DEs in the NFL. Go look at the ranking on Pro Football Focus. Hali has a very good career as well, the fact that he may not make it into the HOF doesn't diminish that. BTW, Fitzgerald is past his prime. If his career ended today, he would be a borderline hall of famer. There are several WRs I would take right now over him.

Reactions: LemonEars
So I guess it comes down to quality vs quantity. Pitts hall of famers are impressive, as are their current crop of nfl players. Doesn't change the fact that PSU has more nfl players than pitt, both current and all time.

not too many people beating OSU these days....not even 'Bama.

least we beat Akron:)
I'm pretty sure the PSU record against OSU ove the last decade is poor at best. So if 'these days goes back to 2003, well.... that is a bunch of long days...what is PSU's conference record over the last decade?

Average fans are only familiar with QB, RB, and WR so don't really care what the "average fan" thinks. To people that actually know and follow the NFL, Cameron Wake is absolutely considered one of the top 4-3 DEs in the NFL. Go look at the ranking on Pro Football Focus. Hali has a very good career as well, the fact that he may not make it into the HOF doesn't diminish that. BTW, Fitzgerald is past his prime. If his career ended today, he would be a borderline hall of famer. There are several WRs I would take right now over him.

I knew you'd say something stupid... Fitzgerald a borderline HOF? LOL! Put down the crack pipe! You have no credibility....

BTW.... According to the combine recruiting rankings of SCOUT, rivals and ESPN, Franklin started FOURTEEN FOUR STAR PLAYERS (with even more sitting on the bench) yet, PSU finished 6-6 losing to Northwestern at home, to Illinois who lost to Louisiana Tech, and had to go into overtime to beat a BC team that Pitt easily beat on the road.

How do you explain this? Please make me laugh and tell me it was those darn sanctions... If PSU, was fielding a team of 2 star players, walk ons and low rated 3 star players I would understand, but that was not the case... The way Franklin is recruiting, PSU may win 7 games in the near future... But I doubt it... I've seen his game day coaching...

I'm pretty sure the PSU record against OSU ove the last decade is poor at best. So if 'these days goes back to 2003, well.... that is a bunch of long days...what is PSU's conference record over the last decade?

definitely poor....but everyone's record against them is poor, no? We've beaten them 3 times this last decade which is sadly better than any other team.

i don't know our conf record back to 03, but only 4 teams have won the Big Ten title the last 10 years, I do know that.

• OSU - 4
  • Wisconsin - 3
  • PSU - 2
  • MSU - 1
  • Michigan 0
so c'mon...be fair, in the last decade we've been far from "poor'....and that's including the recent messy years.

definitely poor....but everyone's record against them is poor, no? We've beaten them 3 times this last decade which is sadly better than any other team.

i don't know our conf record back to 03, but only 4 teams have won the Big Ten title the last 10 years, I do know that.

• OSU - 4
  • Wisconsin - 3
  • PSU - 2
  • MSU - 1
  • Michigan 0
so c'mon...be fair, in the last decade we've been far from "poor'....and that's including the recent messy years.

And, Wisconsin only "won" the B10 in 2012 because PSU and OSU were on probation.

Fitzgerald- as of right now- has less career yards than Chris Carter and it took Carter 6 years after he was eligible to eventually get into the Hall Of Fame. Fitz has made 1 first team All Pro team in his 11 year career which is low for a guy that you think is a shoo-in for the HOF. He has also failed to gain 1,000 in a season in each of the last 3 seasons and he is not even currently the best WR on his own team He may eventually get into the Hall but if your dreaming if you think he is a first ballot shoo-in like Jerry Rice or Randy Moss.

I find it funny that the slogan of every Pitt fan is that recruiting rankings don’t mean jack yet you are using PSU’s past recruiting rankings to belittle their 2-14 record. PSU played with 13 less players than everyone else in college football. Our offensive line had 1 returning starter and even he missed 2.5 games. Our starting OL consisted of 2 redshirt freshmen and 1 converted DT. Not exactly a recipe for having a dominant or even average OL even if a couple of the starters were former 4 star recruits. OL and DL are two positions where you don’t want to rely on starting true and redshirt freshmen. PSU made the best of a bad situation last year and their future looks bright moving forward.

Didn't say he was a first ballot HOFer. Can't read either I see... You said he was a borderline HOFer. He will get in. As for all the excuses you made about your 6-6 season, is hogwash. Other teams make position adjustments all the time. You didn't have enough talent to beat Northwestern and Illinois?????? Please... Take your propaganda elsewhere... We're not buying...

• OSU - 4
  • Wisconsin - 3
  • PSU - 2
  • MSU - 1
  • Michigan 0
I see where one poster says Wisconsin won a conference title because OSU and PSU were on probation...maybe the conference championship would have been different had OSu or PSU been able to play in it...who knows. I can't overlook the "messy' years....they go in the record books too. OSU had a 6-6 season in the mess after Tressel but before Meyer. That counts for them so it has to count for others. To be fair, PSU has not been poor overall, but Michigan has and my money is betting that those days are gone...

Anyway, back to Sanders. He's not going to Pitt. The NARD-DAWG will try and he will fail, like he will 90% of the time when he goes up against PSU for a recruit. Maybe a few more modified SI Swimsuit cover tweets will help his cause, though.

Yeah... And Franklin may win 7 games with all those 4 star players.... He will fail on the field just as he did last year.... Once he loses to PITT in 2016, he'll be getting all kinds of racist letters just like Mike Robinson did.... Afterall, it's the PSU WAY...

ADVERTISEMENT