ADVERTISEMENT

Man City-Ho Hum…

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
The biggest annual game in sport was yesterday, and not one mention of it whatsoever on these boards.

Milan played well and if Lukaku doesn’t miss a sitter in the 88th minute or decide to be a world class center back earlie and block one of his teammates shots headed into the goal, we could have had a different outcome.

Man City has been the elite team of the last 4-5 years. Real Madrid fans would have an argument of course, but most punditry would side with Man City. They were the better team when Liverpool won, were the better team when Chelsea won and were the better team when Madrid won. But in cup competitions anything can happen.

Is there a better manager in any sport than Pep?

And if Erling Haaland doesn’t win the Balon D’Or, it would be the biggest travesty ever. Watch them give it to Messi. Lol.

In fairness to Lukaku, I thought the GK made an extremely good (and lucky) save on that sitter. I also don’t think Lukaku realized how much time he had.

As for the shot he blocked, he had his back to his teammate so I don’t blame him at all for that. I also don’t blame his teammate for hitting the ball to the only spot it wouldn’t have gone in as he one-timed it and probably didn’t see his teammate there.

InterMilan played much better than I thought they were capable of playing. They really dominated the last 25 minutes, including extra time. They had twice the number of total shots and more shots on goal. Now, Barca losing to them in group doesn’t seem so bad.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
In fairness to Lukaku, I thought the GK made an extremely good (and lucky) save on that sitter. I also don’t think Lukaku realized how much time he had.

As for the shot he blocked, he had his back to his teammate so I don’t blame him at all for that. I also don’t blame his teammate for hitting the ball to the only spot it wouldn’t have gone in as he one-timed it and probably didn’t see his teammate there.

InterMilan played much better than I thought they were capable of playing. They really dominated the last 25 minutes, including extra time. They had twice the number of total shots and more shots on goal. Now, Barca losing to them in group doesn’t seem so bad.
It appeared to me there was a City player behind him when he blocked that shot. I’m not so sure that’s a sure goal even if it doesn’t hit Lukaku but it wasn’t a great angle so who knows.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT