ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Canada enters the portal

Pretty snarky article on KP by one of the trib clowns. I wonder if KP wasn’t a Pitt grad if the local media like Benz and Madden would be as negative about KP.

I’m not saying he’s beyond criticism but these guys clearly have an agenda when it comes to KP.

Pretty snarky article on KP by one of the trib clowns. I wonder if KP wasn’t a Pitt grad if the local media like Benz and Madden would be as negative about KP.

I’m not saying he’s beyond criticism but these guys clearly have an agenda when it comes to KP.

Don't forget that Benz is a Syracuse grad and in general is a turd...but KP does have to elevate his game for his sake, the team and the noise around him.

it would be nowhere near like this if it was Drew Allar.

No doubt he needs to play better But this pos is claiming he’s losing the team without any basis of fact. All the player comments were clearly directed at the play calling
I don't know if Kenny was losing the team and neither does Benz. Tomlin made the move today to try and right the ship offensively. It is up to KP and the rest of the offense to deliver. Mike Sullivan too.

Benz probably got his ass kicked growing up by antagonizing the jocks in high school and college. This is his get back. Plus he probably needs laid by anything that breathes.

Last edited:
I think TD is right. If the Steelers win, Canada is likely still around. Tomlin is enough of a statesman that he would cool the players for another week.

And it does concern me that this is the offense that Tomlin wanted.

And here’s something else that concerns me…Sullivan was Kenny’s QB coach and Kenny has regressed.

And here’s what else also concerns me…Faulkner is said to have been responsible for the running back distribution of labor and he’s mangled that. Additionally I’m sure Tomlin vetoes things anyway and wants Najee in the game more.

So there’s lots for us to be confident about with our coaching staff. Lol.
Spoiler alert
Tomlin isn’t some tyrant micromanaging .
I mean what in his history shows that ?
Ben slung the ball all over the place .
Hell we actually looked dynamic in the preseason .
Honestly I think Canada is a dope who couldn’t actually build a gameplan or adjust .
We have been the most predictable offense for years -
And not a single player has improved offensively during his 3 years
Not 1.

I don't know if Kenny was losing the team and neither does Benz. Tomlin made the move today to try and right the ship offensively. It is up to KP and the rest of the offense to deliver. Mike Sullivan too.

Benz probably got his ass kicked growing up by antagonizing the jocks in high school and college. This is his get back. Plus he probably needs laid by anything that breathes.
Is Benz still Madden's lapdog on 105.9? That is more embarrassing than the regular ass kickings by anyone taller than 5'- 6".

What timing, the firing of Canada and the up coming firing of Cignetti??? You ever know every pitt fan loved Canada in 2016

Offense with future hall of famer Ben sucked under Canada....
Offense with Trubisky sucked under Canada...
Offense with Pickett sucks under Canada...

Obviously, Canada's firing is to protect Pickett. Duh!

Ah so we are playing the drops

year 1 64% completion rate
Year 3 64 completion rate
Buddy , I know ya have a narrative in mind ya want to stick to -
But this is terrible example
Buddy…Did you read that article I posted? The one that supports what I said?

All I ever said was that I read that. And I did. Take it up with them. Buddy.

I hope they let him sling the ball around the field, but I'm not exactly hopeful. The Steelers didn't have anyone with a pedigree on staff ready to step in. Maybe these guys will surprise us.
I'm predicting nothing will change, "living in his fears" Mediocre Mike will stick to his weak ass, ultra conservative approach where "avoiding interceptions>scoring touchdowns''. I predict the coming games will look like the previous games, no passes deep in the middle, no passes 10-15-20 yards in the air downfield IN THE MIDDLE, 2 yard runs then 3-yard passes on 3rd and 10 instead of throwing it in the air past the sticks, the same! Weak ass, gutless Mikey is still in charge. you'll see.

Of course, they would be this negative, KP has been total garbage, ranked at the bottom in every category, wouldn't matter what school he was from when he seriously is this freaking putrid.

Reactions: jtownknowitall
Hell we actually looked dynamic in the preseason .
Call those plays for the entire game now, like when Kenny threw a TD pass to Freiermuth 30 yards in the air straight down the middle on 1st down, haven't seen anything like that even tried since the preseason, now in that situation it's two runs for 2 yards then a safe 3-yard pass and a FG attempt.

Call those plays for the entire game now, like when Kenny threw a TD pass to Freiermuth 30 yards in the air straight down the middle on 1st down, haven't seen anything like that even tried since the preseason, now in that situation it's two runs for 2 yards then a safe 3-yard pass and a FG attempt.
That's because they play real defense during the season, unlike the preseason.

That's because they play real defense during the season, unlike the preseason.
So, you're saying that play is impossible to execute in the regular season? I see lots of other teams pull off plays like that multiple times per game, if Kenny is incapable, then we need someone else.

So, you're saying that play is impossible to execute in the regular season? I see lots of other teams pull off plays like that multiple times per game, if Kenny is incapable, then we need someone else.
I just think it's overall a more challenging situation for him. The guy in the preseason is wide open. During the regular season the throw has got to thread the needle. Maybe he doesn't have the necessary confidence for that right now.

I just think it's overall a more challenging situation for him. The guy in the preseason is wide open. During the regular season the throw has got to thread the needle. Maybe he doesn't have the necessary confidence for that right now.
No, he wasn't wide open, it was back shoulder sprinting down the field the receiver had to twist back behind the DB to get it, it could have been picked, that's the kind of attempts I want to see now, multiple times per game.

Don't forget that Benz is a Syracuse grad and in general is a turd...but KP does have to elevate his game for his sake, the team and the noise around him.
I don't like Timmy either, but his cousin (Julie Benz) is still hot...

We have the 84th ranked passing attack in the ncaa. Cignetti might attempt passes but it isn’t an efficient or explosive passing attack

Yeah, I'm not claiming he's efficient in any way. Just saying we throw a lot. I think there's a common misconception that all we do is run... which we did a lot of last season.

My observation from watching NFL year after year is to not make any conclusions of significance from what you see in preseason games.

As far as physical tools, my guess is that most all QBs at the NFL level have sufficient physical tools including arm strength, some obviously more than others. But what separates the men from the boys particularly w/r to the QB position, isn’t the physical tools, it’s what’s in the head. Confidence, reading defenses, quick processing and decision making, etc.

Is Benz still Madden's lapdog on 105.9? That is more embarrassing than the regular ass kickings by anyone taller than 5'- 6".
Couldn't tell you. I haven't lived in Pittsburgh for over 30 years, although I did grow up in the city.

No, he wasn't wide open, it was back shoulder sprinting down the field the receiver had to twist back behind the DB to get it, it could have been picked, that's the kind of attempts I want to see now, multiple times per game.
Ok, I stand corrected, as I didn't remember the actual play. Anyhow, I still think it's a much harder play in the regular season, to both process and to perform.

Ok, I stand corrected, as I didn't remember the actual play. Anyhow, I still think it's a much harder play in the regular season, to both process and to perform.
I agree, but that said, if he can't do it, he shouldn't be there, I don't care about having a Pitt Guy at QB. I want a guy that can make that throw in the regular season, not once, every game.

I think what he's saying is a team or player's performance in the preseason when the games don't count and the play reflects that is completely meaningless.

I think what he's saying is a team or player's performance in the preseason when the games don't count and the play reflects that is completely meaningless.
but other teams and QBs execute that same play in the regular season, If Kenny can't we need someone else, don't tell me that you never see a play like that executed in the NFL every week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT