ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA President Says Penn State Sanctions 'Were Right And Appropriate', LINK!

CaptainSidneyReilly

Chancellor
Dec 25, 2006
As I have stated all along, Penn State did not have Institutional Control by the trustees entrusting President Graham Spanier and Head Coach Joe Paterno that did not report to Athletic Director Tim Curley, and kept many including the Trustees in the dark about a Football program, not in compliance with Big Ten Rules, Policies, as well as Laws in the Commonwealth and Federal!

NCAA President Says Penn State Sanctions 'Were Right And Appropriate',
Responding to critics Thursday, NCAA president Mark Emmert said unprecedented sanctions against Penn State resulting from the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal “were right and appropriate.”

Emmert said he “remained pleased” with the actions of the NCAA executive committee but said communication could have been handled better. He said the national perception of the NCAA's actions became confused with the actions of Penn State's Board of Trustees, which fired longtime coach Joe Paterno, school president and athletic director.

“I think communications could have been handled a lot better,” he said. “Certainly, I could have done a lot better. But the reality is it was a very, very difficult circumstance for the university. I think the executive committee wound up in the right place.”

Bob Cohn is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at bcohn@tribweb.com or via Twitter @BCohn_Trib.
Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/college/pennstate/8234473-74/ncaa-actions-emmert#ixzz3Ya27VCzW

There was no Athletic Integrity Agreement, Athletes Code of Conduct, No Clery/Title IX Compliance until 2012, Integrity Officer, Director of Ethics and Compliance, and intermingling of The Second Mile with the Football Program.

It did lead to the worst scandal in football history and they brought shame to Penn State name as the brought Children to Penn State Gate, all words in Penn State Alma Mater Song, they neither practice or respected!

Recruiting and winning with a Penn State Graduate, Former Player and Coach lying while hurting children for over 40 years and rewarded by a University President with Professor Emeritus Status as a dying Icon cries out he should have done more, but allow silence, secrecy and wins be his guide over doing the right thing?

Well, lets hope the reforms stay in place and make Penn State a place to protect and keep children safe from Penn State CULTists that prefer wins over moral principles!

images

Captain

Any word on if and when the three stoogies will go to trial?

Captain

Any word on if and when the three stoogies will go to trial?

In Judge Lewis hands, now that Judge Hoover has taken Medical Leave due to a severe Illness I will not post on, but learn about it, on Friday's at the Pennsylvania Society Luncheon in Philadelphia at the Union League. all I can say, is prays are more important for him now.

To be fair, Penn State Alumnus have a right to be upset on how the investigations were handled and The Second Mile was exempted since Corbett's Campaign Contributors and DPW were never investigated?

On the other details, until the Pennsylvania Judiciary and AG Kane resolve some problems and until all Judicial Elections are over, it is really hard to see how any Trial like this can progress. Right now, delays are the name of the game!

I would like to say more, but it is not appropriate and just my opinion on corruption and prowling for power and will only quote lyrics from a song that I feel is accurate on this Penn State Scandal:

"If The Soul Is Darkened
By A Fear It Cannot Name,
If The Mind Is Baffled
When The Rules Don't Fit The Game,
Who Will Answer?
Who Will Answer?
Who Will Answer?
Hallelujah! Hallelujah!, Hallelujah!"

LINK TO SONG THAT DESCRIBES PART OF THE PENN STATE SCANDAL:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT