ADVERTISEMENT

Nearly 100,000 fans attend Ohio State spring game

Mar 17, 2013
As a die hard Pitt fan living in Buckeye country it just amazes me how crazy these fans are. The actual # was 99,391 (at $5 each). I get sick of hearing about OSU all year round--football season seems to never end.
It would be great to see an on-campus stadium filled for regular season games. I believe Narduzzi will make that happen at Heinz field sooner than we may think.

Hail to PITT

Yes the bucknuts are big in Ohio, always have been coming off a NC and location it is the only game in town. They are on a different level than most programs. Pitt will be a good program and will in fact do well relative to like and kind programs.

Originally posted by Hocking Hills Panther:
As a die hard Pitt fan living in Buckeye country it just amazes me how crazy these fans are. The actual # was 99,391 (at $5 each). I get sick of hearing about OSU all year round--football season seems to never end.
It would be great to see an on-campus stadium filled for regular season games. I believe Narduzzi will make that happen at Heinz field sooner than we may think.

Hail to PITT

You have a football crazy metro area with 2 million people and no pro football team. You also have two other 2 million plus metro areas in state with pro football teams of dubious quality. You are the defecto pro team in that state.

I have to comment.
I love Pitt...have 5 season tickets for football and 4 for hoops.
Also am an OSU grad.
The insecurity of putting down others for their success diminishes the Pitt brand/fan.
OSU had 32,000 more people than PSU.
So what? Does it prove anything? Not to me.
Pitt and OSU and PSU had their games on the same day. Long ago I decided to meet classmates at the OSU game.
Note: OSU is mega huge with alums galore. They have a bigger base of fans.
So what? Does that make OSU better? Not in my eyes.
OSU fawns over its grads...it builds loyalty from day 1.
We had guys from DC, Phoenix, Pittsburgh (2), Cleveland, Akron, Lexington KY and Dallas Texas.
Those of us in Pgh, Lex, Dallas all have local teams we root for..after all these years I am more of a Pitt fan than OSU. My pal in Lex is more if a UK fan.
Guess what? Winning sure as Hell helps.
If OSU is cheating, trust me...they have enough enemies looking thru their garbage to find it.
I, for one, would love to see Pitt fans (to whatever degree) cease with this envy crap.
Don't get mad....get better...take pride in what Pitt accomplishes and set the bar high.
Setting the bar high is not belittling the success of others.

I lived in Columbus from 1982 to 1991. In my opinion Buckeye fans are some of the most arrogant fans in sports. Every football season I had to endure the constant arrogance, and this was during the Earl Bruce and John Cooper era's. Luckily for me I relocated back to Pittsburgh and happy that I don't deal with Buckeye fans year-round. I respect the football team for what they've accomplished, but have no time for the arrogant, abusive fans that surround the Columbus area.

Hail to PITT
Who cares?

I lived in Columbus for 2 years in the mid '80s. I went to 3 Buckeyes games (vs. Pitt, Washington State and Wisconsin) the place holds 100,000 and it was really hard to get tickets to any game. I have 2 cousins who played for the Buckeyes, they are player/alumni and they can't even get tickets for every game. I also went to a spring game there, I think they had 60,000 that day. The parking lot/tailgate area dwarfs the Heinz Field lots. There was nothing else in town sports wise. Back then they didn't have hockey or soccer either. The 2nd most important team was the Clippers, the Yankees AAA farm club. People barely talked about the NFL at all, the Buckeyes football program had the 1st page in sports all year round. I don't know how it is now, maybe hockey and soccer get some love, but I doubt it.

ADVERTISEMENT