ADVERTISEMENT

New uniforms next season

CrazyPaco

Athletic Director
Jul 5, 2001
Not this season. Can't reveal until next year but already selected. Takes Nikey a year.

Per Pat Narduzzi.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
Like I said on here before Narduzzi really pushed for them this year but Nike said it wasn't possible, which seems inconceivable.

Per Narduzzi, it takes a year to get new uniforms. They've already selected them for next year. Chryst selected this season's. To me, it seemed by his statement that the coaches have a large role in selecting the uniforms both in the recent past and going forward.

Narduzzi said something to the effect that they're really going to be "cool" (not verbatim quote) but said Nike would be pissed if he showed them. He said he had a picture of them on his phone and asked that people please don't steal his phone. That is all he said (and likely all he could say if he didn't already say too much). He didn't get into anything else regarding uniforms other than next years will be different.

With all the Pitt script about, its hard to imagine they would be retro in some fashion. With the current uniforms very close to the original in design, I would have to think they'd be rebooting old colors, but that is just a guess on my part. There was absolutely nothing hinted at or said about that being the actual case.

There were more interesting quotes and tidbits which I'll get into shortly. I highly recommend attending one of these alumni functions with Narduzzi if you get a chance. He is very engaging and forthright. Plus, they give out free Pitt script helmet stickers and other script Pitt swag. Excellent event by the Alumni Association. This is a reason you absolutely should be a member.

Last edited:
Reactions: JSSTartan
Pitt needs to bring back the Marino era uniforms and be done with it. That's the best uniform.

You spelled Dorsett wrong
Johnny Majors tried to duplicate those unis when he came back in '93. They could never get the mustard right and they looked horrible when they got wet. My personal favorite was the Gottfried Blue and Yellow. The colors were not quite traditional old gold and navy but they looked sweet.

Script with midnight panther 3rd uniforms

I would be happy with Pitt Script plus Mustard Yellow & Blue Colors used in the 1970-90s, but in any design Coach Pat wants!

I would not mind seeing a Golden Triangle starting in a round point at the front of the helmet and goes backwards getting wider like the Golden Triangle.

The Dino Cat is a Dinosaur that should die in all forms and become extinct!

Just my view, will look forward to seeing the New Uniforms in the same year Pitt plays Penn State again!

images

Last edited:
My only preferences would be to 1st yes - kill the Dinocat on everything - but, I'd really like a brighter blue not necessarily what's on my avatar but, please no navy blue on anything anymore.

I go back to the pitt script guy that designed those color schemes that included the midnight black panther as a third uni. I loved those color schemes he came up with.

It'll be the Marino-Dorsett era uniforms. Former interim AD Juhl already told the Pitt News to expect more throwback uniforms.

FSU fans went ballistic after seeing their uniforms look tan and magenta on TV instead of garnet and gold. The school responded by telling Nike to fix it. They had new uniforms within a few months.

A year for new unis? Obviously the 9 and 10 year old nike employees in Chinese factories are slacking. Must have unionized. I say fire em all and bring in a fresh batch of 6 and 7 year olds, teach em what hard work is. And get rid of these 12 hour work days, what are they? Teachers? 15 hours then maybe we will talk about a lunch break. Come on Nike, get back to your winning ways.

A year for new unis? Obviously the 9 and 10 year old nike employees in Chinese factories are slacking. Must have unionized. I say fire em all and bring in a fresh batch of 6 and 7 year olds, teach em what hard work is. And get rid of these 12 hour work days, what are they? Teachers? 15 hours then maybe we will talk about a lunch break. Come on Nike, get back to your winning ways.
I agree....or better yet, switch to GILDAN, with Pony doing the shoes.

I like the Royal and yellow, it is not the mustard but it can work and the script Pitt like it was when I was younger. As a PSU fan I see that and I know it is Pitt that is who is playing.

I really hope they don't go overboard with chrome and matte finish helmets, I hate the way they look. I'd love to see a blue helmet in the mix, I'm fine with a black uniform as along as it includes blue and gold, throwback wise I love to see a Jock Sutherland era uniform with the faux leather helmet look that the Washington NFL'ers used a few years ago.

No white pants ever! The white on white uniforms look like pajamas.

Reactions: Pitt Magician
I'm concerned, because If Nike designed them, then their agenda is for the unis to get attention and not necessarily look good. Pitt could very easily have simple and good looking uniforms and I can easily see Nike screwing this up. Hope the pics are leaked so we can see ahead of time before we end up with another pro combat type debacle.

I'm concerned, because If Nike designed them, then their agenda is for the unis to get attention and not necessarily look good. Pitt could very easily have simple and good looking uniforms and I can easily see Nike screwing this up. Hope the pics are leaked so we can see ahead of time before we end up with another pro combat type debacle.

If Pitt wants a traditional look that's what Nike will make for them, I have a feeling the base uniforms will be somewhat traditional with the twice a season alternate being a wild card.

If Pitt wants a traditional look that's what Nike will make for them, I have a feeling the base uniforms will be somewhat traditional with the twice a season alternate being a wild card.

I hope you are correct. Traditional script based unis are what people have been asking for for a LONG time now. Why not give it to them? Of course there will be some discussion on the exact colors used, but as long as the unis have a classic look then I think the majority of folks will be satisfied. It's college football and Pitt has at least a little bit of cache with having a national title and heisman winner (albeit for the 1970s, but that is still more than most teams can claim) so why not go with the more traditional look? Nobody really minds the occasional special uniform, especially if it generates some excitement for people, but a consistent script look is the most important thing for most games.

I am glad they are listening to the fans, and not just the ones who can write large checks. It's like a huge influx of fresh air in a previously muggy room.

I hope you are correct. Traditional script based unis are what people have been asking for for a LONG time now. Why not give it to them? Of course there will be some discussion on the exact colors used, but as long as the unis have a classic look then I think the majority of folks will be satisfied. It's college football and Pitt has at least a little bit of cache with having a national title and heisman winner (albeit for the 1970s, but that is still more than most teams can claim) so why not go with the more traditional look? Nobody really minds the occasional special uniform, especially if it generates some excitement for people, but a consistent script look is the most important thing for most games.

I am glad they are listening to the fans, and not just the ones who can write large checks. It's like a huge influx of fresh air in a previously muggy room.
Frankly we have those- just modernized a bit right now.

If the precise hue of blue and gold are really that bone of contention...that battles won't ever end.

I don't particularly like monochrome uniforms or white face masks (should contrast; blue face mask/gold helmet, gold face mask/blue helmet), but that mock-up looks inoffensive enough. Hopefully the numerals don't look too ridiculous.

Nike's President is a Penn State Graduate and has done a great job for them!

As Steve Pederson, was doing a terrible job for Pitt and Nebraska and looks like the Chancellor Circle now on Pitt football along with Coach Pat have more influence than the Athletic Director that won't be here until June 15th!

I just would like a return of Mustard Yellow that was designed by Winners and made the Pitt Football Program into Top 25, Top 10, and National Champions Winners and was built by a Chancellor, Athletic Director and Pitt Contributor Alumni & Friends!
Not by One Twice Failed AD's Ego & Arrogance Thinking Only He Knew Better?

Steve Pederson always put himself ahead of the Traditions, Designs and Colors of Pitt and Nebraska that never needed changes just some upgrades and spent millions failing to do it and took millions with him after being fired at Nebraska and Pitt!

Bringing Fans back to Pitt begins bringing Pitt back to winning in the Top 25 almost every year and that never happen under Pederson with all his new branding and designs at Pitt or Nebraska or back at Pitt!

images

Yeah, like you clinging to Pederson's all those years, and my spelling of Penisson is more accurate about you as you mick the Posters!
You're dumb.
I have no affinity for pederson at all, in case you haven't noticed I'm not exactly broken up over his departure.
You are too much of an obsessed weirdo to ever catch onto things like that.
My former Dean Dr. juhl to no surprise by me made excellent decisions- he's made a career of it.

ADVERTISEMENT