ADVERTISEMENT

Article Newton medically disqualified

How common is something like this across the college FB world. Pitt sure seems to have had their share of these situations. Does this typically mean a heart condition or something similar? Does one school have more strict guidelines than another?

How common is something like this across the college FB world. Pitt sure seems to have had their share of these situations. Does this typically mean a heart condition or something similar? Does one school have more strict guidelines than another?

It could be any number of things from a heart condition to a spinal issue, etc... I remember a few players passing on the field a decade or so ago due to undiagnosed heart conditions. I certainly hope all schools are doing their due diligence these days.

It could be any number of things from a heart condition to a spinal issue, etc... I remember a few players passing on the field a decade or so ago due to undiagnosed heart conditions. I certainly hope all schools are doing their due diligence these days.
Good post but can't bring myself to like something so sad for that young man.
It concerns me when some of these players get medically cleared at other schools then play. I would go with the UPMC evaluation.

Reactions: mike 301
it's gotta be bad/chronic if it's determined he cannot play the next 4-5 years...or ever

Sux in some ways, but he's most likely very luck to have come here and been diagnosed.

Pitt will have one fewer running back on the roster this season.

Fire Capel. Seriously, this one really pisses me off. This was one kid I couldn't wait to see play. If it weren't for bad luck we'd have no luck at all.

Reactions: MajorMajors
Does an Alabama or Clemson have the same medical standards when evaluating players? Do other schools provide the same medical evaluations? Is it a standardized medical evaluation? I know the NFL does pretty serious evaluations, but that’s based on million dollar deals.

I'm glad they caught whatever it is they caught during medical screening. Regardless it's great to see he has a scholly still to use here and graduate if he chooses to do so.

And the one that was most intriguing and needed for this offense. Figures.

Agree, was looking forward to seeing what he could do. Hope the kid can bear down and take advantage of a free education. Long life ahead.

They should look for a transfer to fill the ship.

Does an Alabama or Clemson have the same medical standards when evaluating players? Do other schools provide the same medical evaluations? Is it a standardized medical evaluation? I know the NFL does pretty serious evaluations, but that’s based on million dollar deals.
Pitt should adopt whatever standards Bama or Clemson use, whether it be for recruiting. health, academics, drug testing, discipline, you name it, whatever those team's would do, we should adopt.

I'm glad they caught whatever it is they caught during medical screening. Regardless it's great to see he has a scholly still to use here and graduate if he chooses to do so.
If he can't play football. He should not get a scholarship, if students way more ACADEMICALLY DESERVING don't get one.

Pitt should adopt whatever standards Bama or Clemson use, whether it be for recruiting. health, academics, drug testing, discipline, you name it, whatever those team's would do, we should adopt.
I’ll take a level of cheating, just not one that can potentially lead to death on the field.

A simple google search will reveal your answer.. It happens at all schools. Alabama has lost plenty of Kids under Saban, and top talent to medical disqualifications.
But don’t let these facts stop posters from saying places like Bama and Clemson don’t care.. They just have better players waiting their turn than we do..

Happens at every school. Got to stack chips.

I’ll take a level of cheating, just not one that can potentially lead to death on the field.

Pitt79:
d4c096e01222b4cf3bfaedfe5fd26963.jpg

Reactions: Pitt79
A simple google search will reveal your answer.. It happens at all schools. Alabama has lost plenty of Kids under Saban, and top talent to medical disqualifications.
But don’t let these facts stop posters from saying places like Bama and Clemson don’t care.. They just have better players waiting their turn than we do..
I asked if they had the same standards. We have one of the top medical staff involved in our sports, so the question is, do all programs follow the same protocol for health evaluations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT