ADVERTISEMENT

Next Up.....NC State

vantheman1976

Redshirt
Apr 2, 2005
We now enter the back half of our ACC conference schedule beginning with NC State away on Friday. They are undefeated at home....the only ACC team that can make that claim. This will be a tough challenge. In their signature win against Louisville they held them to a .164 hitting percentage earlier this month. Louisville had 23 attack errors and 11 service errors in that match. If that is our performance it's a guaranteed loss. NC State's top 2 hitters are OH Ava Brizard and RS Amanda Rice. Both lit up Louisville with an over .400 hitting percentage and together they accounted for nearly 50% of NC State's point total against Louisville. If we hold these 2 at bay we win the match. Our defense has to be at their best for us to win. Their game plan will focus on neutralizing Babcock. If Stafford can't play or plays sparingly....it will be crucial that Dalton plays extremely well. I think we win this game. NC State will have their 1st loss at home tomorrow night. On a final note....the back half of Pitt's ACC schedule is very difficult.....7 of the 9 games are against the top 5 teams in the conference.

Last edited:
Just win baby .

Seriously, have to assume Stafford is limited at best . Probably better course to get her extended rest w no match Sunday.

Sometimes players need to be needed to excel- great opportunity for Dalton and Bayless to step up their play and help the team in a tough match.

PItt should have enough quality play to win tonight.

Just win baby .

Seriously, have to assume Stafford is limited at best . Probably better course to get her extended rest w no match Sunday.

Sometimes players need to be needed to excel- great opportunity for Dalton and Bayless to step up their play and help the team in a tough match.

PItt should have enough quality play to win tonight.
Stafford made the trip.- she’s in their social media posts showing warmups.

Dominant blocking performance from Pitt last night. Outside of the service line (0 aces to 8 errors) was probably their best overall performance of the season. The defense was awesome, both front and back row. Klika was everywhere, great game from her. Stafford looked fine, couldn’t tell she had been injured two days ago. Made NC State, who is a legit team, look like a lower tier team. Too bad wake forest couldn’t pull off the upset!

Dominant blocking performance from Pitt last night. Outside of the service line (0 aces to 8 errors) was probably their best overall performance of the season. The defense was awesome, both front and back row. Klika was everywhere, great game from her. Stafford looked fine, couldn’t tell she had been injured two days ago. Made NC State, who is a legit team, look like a lower tier team. Too bad wake forest couldn’t pull off the upset!
A reverse sweep by Louisville in which Wake Forest only scored 27 points total in the final 3 sets. On a positive note #4 Washington State was upset by USC.

Yeah - thought Klika had her best match in some time . Really dominant performance all the way around.

Reactions: Black Panther
I have to say, I was expecting a lot more from NC State. I thought this game would be very challenging. The effectiveness of the block changed everything. NC State was not hitting with confidence at all. It was great to see Torrey out there and she looked pretty good. I agree with the sentiment that I would prefer Bayless over Dalton. Dalton just has no vertical on her hitting anymore. I think Bayless has great potential too.

Big game today between Wisconsin and Nebraska. Those two and maybe Stanford, are at a level of their own right now.

Reactions: vantheman1976
Great performance. Two more games to sharpen up before the brutal four game stretch (@FSU, @Miami, @GT, Louisville).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT