ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Mock Draft 2022: Mel Kiper reveals 32 first-round predictions

Eh. I think it might be a bit closer than that. This offense, the philosophy and playbook was built for an aging QB that couldn’t do much of anything. It get the ball out quickly. Like it or not, Rudolph would have allowed for a wider array of plays. I think things would have been opened up a bit that might have taken the pressure of the run game, etc. Just my opinion, but I think with Rudolph, the Steelers still win 7 games. Any more than that is anyones guess.

what I don’t like is when people say he’s not an NFL QB. He’s certainly an NFL QB. He just hasn’t shown to be one that can win you games.
I don't think that highly of Rudolph, Give him the ball at his own 25 with 3:00 left, I don't even think he can drive for a FG 1 out of 5 times, like Ben still did until his last game.

fk, come on man, you play to win the game. you cant lose a game on purpose, the HC and team would be ridiculed mercilessly and deservedly so.

I mean, in hindsight sure but no coach or player would ever "Try" to lose a game to move up a spot or two in the following draft. that's beyond stupid..

outside of something like the pens did to get Mario back in the early 80s, to guarantee #1 if there is a phenom waiting for you, then possibly it's OK but you still try and cover it up
I don’t. I play to win championships. I would have tanked this year. Winning the battle but losing the war has no appeal to me. On the bright side, they should be awful on their own merits next year so they will have to rebuild and have high draft picks to do it. I’d even trade their assets for picks, but that’s why I’m an armchair quarterback

I don’t. I play to win championships. I would have tanked this year. Winning the battle but losing the war has no appeal to me. On the bright side, they should be awful on their own merits next year so they will have to rebuild and have high draft picks to do it. I’d even trade their assets for picks, but that’s why I’m an armchair quarterback
I never thought beyond todays game when I turn on the TV to watch, and I always want a win. Do you actually watch hoping for losses? Rooting for the opponent? for draft position? You consciously root for a loss? I admit this year, I felt less bad when they'd fall behind, but I have to admit, in the games they made comebacks, I was all in hoping they'd pull it off.

I never thought beyond todays game when I turn on the TV to watch, and I always want a win. Do you actually watch hoping for losses? Rooting for the opponent? for draft position? You consciously root for a loss? I admit this year, I felt less bad when they'd fall behind, but I have to admit, in the games they made comebacks, I was all in hoping they'd pull it off.
I do. I was pissed we beat Baltimore because I knew they would gain nothing by playing K C. I knew they’d be embarrassed and lose draft capital.

Ideally, the Steelers can figure out a way to move up to get Linderbaum. That would be a good start; this a REBUILD folks ; not a reload.
Nah. Takes draft choices to do that. Need the picks you would think to fill some glaring holes.

I do. I was pissed we beat Baltimore because I knew they would gain nothing by playing K C. I knew they’d be embarrassed and lose draft capital.
I guess different people watch for different reasons, for me mainly it's just TODAY'S ENTERTAINMENT, today's TV SHOW. I could never be sitting there hoping for a loss, or thinking about the draft position 5 months later, I just want to get hammered and see a win :)

Reactions: Dan1911
I live in the Baltimore area too, and beating them makes my day better in other ways too. It's easier to go to work the next day :)

Boy you really got me on that one.

I thought the first person to take issue with this post would at least use Lamar Jackson as the retort.

If you can;'t see the differences between the college version of Allen and Malik Willis I don't know what to tell you.

Note: one of them was NFL prototype size at 6'5, 240 with an absolute cannon--and an accurate one in college--for an arm, the other is Malik Willis.

When do you want to start listing the busts that fit my description let me know.

Boy you really got me on that one.

I thought the first person to take issue with this post would at least use Lamar Jackson as the retort.

If you can;'t see the differences between the college version of Allen and Malik Willis I don't know what to tell you.

Note: one of them was NFL prototype size at 6'5, 240 with an absolute cannon--and an accurate one in college--for an arm, the other is Malik Willis.

When do you want to start listing the busts that fit my description let me know.

Malik Willis has tremendous elusiveness and a rocket arm. He's neither as big, nor as physical as Allen but he's very quick and his arm is excellent.

Watch this play

Willis fakes a defender in his backfield, breaks a tackle from the same guy, rolls out, and then casually flicks one on the run that travels about 40 yards in the air right into the basket of the receivers' hands.

Obviously there are differences but Malik Willis is a very talented player. It takes more than talent to succeed as an NFL QB and I have no idea if he can, but the ceiling is very high for him.

Malik Willis has tremendous elusiveness and a rocket arm. He's neither as big, nor as physical as Allen but he's very quick and his arm is excellent.

Watch this play

Willis fakes a defender in his backfield, breaks a tackle from the same guy, rolls out, and then casually flicks one on the run that travels about 40 yards in the air right into the basket of the receivers' hands.

Obviously there are differences but Malik Willis is a very talented player. It takes more than talent to succeed as an NFL QB and I have no idea if he can, but the ceiling is very high for him.
Agree he has a high ceiling. Only saying that so many others before him have fit that description and have never been able to become bona fide NFL starting level QBs, while so many of the "prototype" guys with lesser physical gifts have become starters.

In the NFL a QB has to be agile with his footwork behind the LOS, but doesn't need to be able to get yardage with his legs. Having a QB who runs a 4.4 really isn't all that beneficial.

So if I'm drafting I'd consider picking Willis, but not in the first round, probably not the second either. That first round pick is too important to get wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT