ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame Game & Other Dribbles ...

And Femi Odukale had a good 5 game stretch after XJ got bounced. Hasn’t played well at any level since.
It took about five games for everyone to figure out that he wasn’t gonna threaten you on the perimeter. Then he’s just a guard with a good frame.

Remember that Dior appealed his dismissal, which lead to a few more months of uncertainty. You cannot blame the Pitt administration for following the process that it has in place.

No. Dior was allowed back in school and back on the team. The new admin filed a Title IX complaint against him and it went through the usual Title IX process.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Yep always. Clearly as a coach too
Great one. And again, yes, tripling a teams wins in year 1 and doing something they haven’t done in 11 years is about as genius of coaching as you can get.

However, not particularly applicable to the discussion about twins combining for 7/5.

I appreciate the recognition of my genius though. With what I have accomplished, during the interview process they said they would build a statue of me if we got there year 1. I wouldn’t go that far, but thanks again for the kudos 😉

Great one. And again, yes, tripling a teams wins in year 1 and doing something they haven’t done in 11 years is about as genius of coaching as you can get.

However, not particularly applicable to the discussion about twins combining for 7/5.

I appreciate the recognition of my genius though. With what I have accomplished, during the interview process they said they would build a statue of me if we got there year 1. I wouldn’t go that far, but thanks again for the kudos 😉
Don’t you currently have 1 win? You need to be careful that you don’t pull a muscle patting yourself on the back.

Reactions: PittMan2003
Don’t you currently have 1 win? You need to be careful that you don’t pull a muscle patting yourself on the back.
Won’t finish there, obviously. Weird obsession with a bad local basketball program because I think Pitt should recruit better players. That’s usually what fans want from their teams.

I guess I should be happy with Phil Jurkovec types at QB just because they’re at Pitt?

Won’t finish there, obviously. Weird obsession with a bad local basketball program because I think Pitt should recruit better players. That’s usually what fans want from their teams.

I guess I should be happy with Phil Jurkovec types at QB just because they’re at Pitt?
No - I’m referring to you bragging on yourself. That’s the weird part.

I think the Twins are fine as your 9th or 10th man. We definitely need a veteran big that can play next year.

Typically, the appeal of European basketball players is that they come over more skilled and ready to play euro basketball does a better job. That’s not the case here.

Not sure why this gets people so upset that it probably isn’t gonna work with them. You miss on like 75 percent of recruits. It was a good attempt

No - I’m referring to you bragging on yourself. That’s the weird part.

I think the Twins are fine as your 9th or 10th man. We definitely need a veteran big that can play next year.
You’re obsessed with me is much more weird to me. He said something dumb so I schooled him. Shocking that you instantly had to chime in.

I may have to finally ask our mutual friend who you are so I can get the TPO

I agree with the statement, but why is that? Why hasn’t Pitt turned out extremely success graduates that are passionate enough about the University’s athletics that they want to donate large sums of money?
My best guess is that Pitt continuity sabotages itself and ruins the momentum of winning . Things like letting Jackie Sherrill go , disbanding the Golden Panthers , forcing JD out and hiring KS to just name a few things .

I think GDG is fine in his current role. Come in for 8-10 minutes, give you 7-10 points and 2-4 rebounds
But he’s playing 16 mins in conference games and averaging 5.5 and 3.8. It’s fine if he wants to continue in that role. As I said earlier, you recruit Europeans because their game is more advanced due to the teams doing more to develop over there. Not develop them here.

You are very arrogant for a guy who takes a gig that bad and wins so little?

You act like your John wooden on here man. What gives?

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce

Isn’t this unprofessional to say about your interview process and brag about yourself like this?

I would think any bball insider would know this?

You are very arrogant for a guy who takes a gig that bad and wins so little?

You act like your John wooden on here man. What gives?

You got it man. I’m like John Wooden because Pitt should try to recruit over the twins. Like ya know, every school should try to do every year.

If they want to stay and be 9th and 10th men then we should have another tournament run. Why do people get so defensive over these 2? The better one can’t be better than Fede consistently?

Also John Wooden went 6-11 his first year in a new HS job. I end the season way we should, not too far off! Thanks for the comparison! Maybe I can find someone to start paying players for me!

Last edited:
Hasn’t every word of what you just said been debunked multiple times?

Absolutely not. It was said that it was a Title IX complaint. The main question would be who filed the complaint and when? Had it been filed in the fall of 2022, Dior wouldn't have been allowed back on the team where he was practicing, traveling, and future recruits like Noah Thomasson were under the impression he was the starter.

You got it man. I’m like John Wooden because Pitt should try to recruit over the twins. Like ya know, every school should try to do every year.

If they want to stay and be 9th and 10th men then we should have another tournament run. Why do people get so defensive over these 2? The better one can’t be better than Fede consistently?

Also John Wooden went 6-11 his first year in a new HS job. I end the season way we should, not too far off! Thanks for the comparison! Maybe I can find someone to start paying players for me!
No you think you are John wooden. That’s the difference. According to your record and job prospects you are a poor man’s Kevin stallings.

3/5 years in the tournament, man, I'd really like some 'bad basketball' again.
Its always better to be invited than not. And if they have a good team that has the ability to make a deep run, I'd sign up for 3/5 too.

If we're talking a bubble team with low odds of making it past the first weekend.... well, it's better than not going. Your casual fan is going to probably going to be apathetic about it though. It's hard to be excited about it.

I
Its always better to be invited than not. And if they have a good team that has the ability to make a deep run, I'd sign up for 3/5 too.

If we're talking a bubble team with low odds of making it past the first weekend.... well, it's better than not going. Your casual fan is going to probably going to be apathetic about it though. It's hard to be excited about it.
I dunno. Towards the end of JD you sort of knew where Pitt was going to get bounced and always worried about not enough offense in tourney. But now we sort of live and die by threes. We are finally that lower seeded team that we hated to play because if their guards went off, then we were likely upset. The key is JC improving to get a top 5 seed with his style of play and guards that can shoot. If that happens, maybe another sweet 16 or elite 8 in the future.

No you think you are John wooden. That’s the difference. According to your record and job prospects you are a poor man’s Kevin stallings.
So you don’t have anything reasonable to add to the discussion. Just making stupid effing comments. Very intelligent! I’m laughing hard at you thinking this insulting me.

You’re butthurt over my opinion on the twins. The twins rock! Hope they stay forever averaging 7/5 combined!

3/5 years in the tournament, man, I'd really like some 'bad basketball' again.
Believe it or not, you are watching better talent than we had at the end of Dixon's tenure. Do I have to remind you of Jamie's last recruiting class again?? Jamie was a good coach, but, recruiting slipped badly. Fede, who is not very good, is considerably better than the stiffs Jamie brought in at the 5 after Adam's left early. Other than Young and Artis, we have had better players.

That said, we have not had better coaching. However, i am warming to what Capel is doing here. He is bringing in real talent and getting them to play as a team the last couple years. I can see improvement and hope he keeps the young talent while supplementing it with some quality portal additions. I actually think we are on the right track, but, if we lose either Bub or Jaland, then our momentum might be lost.

So you don’t have anything reasonable to add to the discussion. Just making stupid effing comments. Very intelligent! I’m laughing hard at you thinking this insulting me.

You’re butthurt over my opinion on the twins. The twins rock! Hope they stay forever averaging 7/5 combined!
Nah I just disagree on G but it is what it is.

And the other stuff was just me pointing out that your arrogance on here is unwarranted given your actual coaching situation.

Nah I just disagree on G but it is what it is.

And the other stuff was just me pointing out that your arrogance on here is unwarranted given your actual coaching situation.
except there was no arrogance. You brought it up to try and get under my skin and tie into the G situation. I mean that’s what happened. Weird stuff.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT