ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Amazing Article On Fitz

Taft's Baby Hook

Redshirt
Feb 5, 2008
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25063693/no-questioning-larry-fitzgeralds-greatness-but-will-he-finish-with-cardinals

..........After a dazzling, circus-catch highlight reel of a career at the University of Pittsburgh (easily the most underrated college program for providing the NFL with star players................

Re: OT: Amazing Pitt's Fitz!

From the days he chose Pitt and told his Dad, "I Think I Can Catch More Passes At Pitt Than Ohio State," and his Dad replied, "I Think You Are Right, Son!" Larry Fitzgerald has ben a model player that any Program would be proud of on character and accomplishments already made, and many more to come in his efforts to contribute to a better world.

Too bad Robert Foster did not do what Jordan Whitehead followed like Fitzgerald in choosing where he thinks he is most needed and can advance his own type of play and career to prepare for the NFL and lessons in life?

I respect what Foster chose and why he chose it, but clearly Pitt opportunities and needs to play sooner and often are just as important, Fitz understood that and so did Whitehead!.

images

images

This post was edited on 2/10 3:58 PM by CaptainSidneyReilly

Youngest player to record 700 catches (29 years and 23 days old,)
Youngest player to record 800 catches (30 years, 57 days)[18]
Youngest player to record 900 catches (31 years, 102 days)
Youngest player to reach 11,000 career receiving yards (30 years, 85 days )

Re: OT: Amazing Article On Fitz, NFL Hall Of Fame On The Way!

Throw in the All Pro Bowls and his NFL Records and how he lives his life, and within his first nomination into the NFL Pro Hall of Fame, and Pitt will have another Player in it! Take It To The Bank!

images

Re: OT: Amazing Article On Fitz, NFL Hall Of Fame On The Way!

Fitz is definitely HOF worthy. Playing in the hinterlands of the NFL in Arizona may be his biggest problem.

OT - On Topic

It is nice to see good PITT talk on this board. Fitz is a great ambassador for Pitt.

Re: The Best Sentence In The Article On Pitt!

After a dazzling, circus-catch highlight reel of a career at the University of Pittsburgh (easily the most underrated college program for providing the NFL with star players), Fitzgerald was the hottest wide-receiver commodity in the 2004 NFL Draft class.

images

This post was edited on 2/11 2:46 AM by CaptainSidneyReilly

Re: OT: Amazing Pitt's Fitz!

Originally posted by CaptainSidneyReilly:
From the days he chose Pitt and told his Dad, "I Think I Can Catch More Passes At Pitt Than Ohio State," and his Dad replied, "I Think You Are Right, Son!" Larry Fitzgerald has ben a model player that any Program would be proud of on character and accomplishments already made, and many more to come in his efforts to contribute to a better world.

Too bad Robert Foster did not do what Jordan Whitehead followed like Fitzgerald in choosing where he thinks he is most needed and can advance his own type of play and career to prepare for the NFL and lessons in life?

I respect what Foster chose and why he chose it, but clearly Pitt opportunities and needs to play sooner and often are just as important, Fitz understood that and so did Whitehead!.

This post was edited on 2/10 3:58 PM by CaptainSidneyReilly
The big difference is then...Pitt was really considered a program on the rise. We were one of those hot programs that was a good story, and looking like we were on the rise playing some exciting football. However, unlike Michigan State who up until a few years ago, pretty much paralleled Pitt for underachieving, we never took the next step. We were just really starting to be able to recruit nationally back then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT