ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Batman vs Superman leaked trailer....UPDATED OFFICIAL

Re: OT: Batman vs Superman leaked trailer....

Thanks for the link.

I hope it's a good movie.

I like Ben Affleck...

But I just don't think he is right for the Batman role.

Re: I like Ben Affleck...

That Batman Trilogy was outstanding.
Wish they would've gone with Bale.
Wasn't Ben Affleck Dare Devil? - guess we'll have to wait and see how this turns out
( no pun intended)

Meh - this clip does nothing for me at all. I'm willing to see how it all turns out, but this looks a bit too dark (in content) IMHO to have wide appeal. I loved the Batman trilogy with Bale and yes, it too was very dark, but was fleshed out with a lot of other very colorful, intriguing players and the fact that Batman was on the side of good for the most part.. I am not a comic book aficionado, but when/why did Batman turn bad?

He never turned bad....but the Frank Miller vision played up the Dirty Harry vigilante aspect of his character....

In his Dark Knight returns...Superman is basically an agent of the Federal Gov...asked to stop an aging Bats who they feel is out of control....

Here it appears that its Superman who is not trusted entirely....interesting twist...

Can't recommend checking out Millers Dark Knight Returns enough...certainly not kiddie stuff...but its credited as re boosting Batman (sorely needed by 86) and has influenced everything you've seen since 1989 and that includes Tim Burtons stuff....the last 2 by Joel whatshisname...don't count..disasters.

Originally posted by DruidTM:
He never turned bad....but the Frank Miller vision played up the Dirty Harry vigilante aspect of his character....

In his Dark Knight returns...Superman is basically an agent of the Federal Gov...asked to stop an aging Bats who they feel is out of control....

Here it appears that its Superman who is not trusted entirely....interesting twist...

Can't recommend checking out Millers Dark Knight Returns enough...certainly not kiddie stuff...but its credited as re boosting Batman (sorely needed by 86) and has influenced everything you've seen since 1989 and that includes Tim Burtons stuff....the last 2 by Joel whatshisname...don't count..disasters.
Totally agree on some of the Batman installments. Pure drek. The dark side of all superhero/comic legends is what makes them all so interesting. For me however, the basic shallow consumer, I need at least something redeeming and this clip is just not delivering. Like I said, I'm willing to see the finished product.

I think this movie will be good, I just wish they teased us a little better with this first trailer. They are really going to go with the superheroes = gods in this universe which will be very intriguing and I like fact that it is going to be a nice contrast to the Mavel universe with how dark it will be.

Affleck will surprise people, IMO he's the perfect guy for this role. The casting that scares me is Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, just don't know what was being thought in that decision. Not to say he's a bad actor but he just plays the same guy in a lot of his movies.

This looks like Sin City 2... Which sucked. Hopefully the next tease is MUCH better.

Love these movies! Have two young boys who love them as well. Wish it didn't have to drop $60 every theatre trip though

I think this movie will be good, I just wish they teased us a little better with this first trailer. They are really going to go with the superheroes = gods in this universe which will be very intriguing and I like fact that it is going to be a nice contrast to the Mavel universe with how dark it will be.

I absolutely hate the Marvel movies. The first Avengers made me want to never watch another movie again. So absurd, bland, boring, and campy.

For my money, Days of Future Past is the best superhero movie.

I absolutely hate the Marvel movies. The first Avengers made me want to never watch another movie again. So absurd, bland, boring, and campy.

For my money, Days of Future Past is the best superhero movie.
Definitely think they are more kid oriented but I still think a couple of them are entertaining. Days of Future Past was very very good. Excited for Xmen Apocalypse in 2016.

Marvel Studios, a.k.a. Disney, definitely deals in camp. Though, Captain America 2 had more edge and more provocative themes than any X-Men flick. And, more so, while not as camped out, Days is a camp fest through and through for long stretches. I'd say Nolan's Batman movies aren't if he hadn't made Dark Knight Rises. I honestly don't really love any of the new superhero flicks. A little too bogged down by studios and their shared universes. I kind of thought Man Of Steel and Sucker Punch sucked. And, that guy is the one directing BatSupes so my hopes aren't high. Recent ones I liked:

Hellboy II
X-Men: First Class
Iron Man Three
Captain American: The Winter Soldier
Kingsman

But, my recommendation for someone who recoils at camp, check out Daredevil on Netflix. It's brutal, angry and has some awesome action beats. I think it will floor you both. Also, wondering if the new Fantastic Four will please you two. Edgier filmmaker and a pretty accomplished young cast. Hell, a much more impressive list of actors than BatSupes to be honest.

Edit: Affleck won't surprise anyone. He's a stiff. He wasn't even great in Gone Girl and that role was tailored to his strengths. But, as a director, he's special. Loved Gone Baby Gone, Town and Argo. As for Eissenberg, he's already more proven than Affleck and the beefcake no name that's playing Superman. IMHO, Eissenberg's the only reason the movie could be compelling.

Last edited:
None of the comic book movies have ever done anything for me. But I am still a geek and prefer the Star Wars films. Anyone see the new trailer for that? It looks great. I know nothing about Abrams but his story telling has to be better than Lucas' last three installments. I can't wait for December.

Looks good.....modeled after Millers Dark Knight...but in reverse.....

This post was edited on 4/17 9:17 PM by DruidTM

https://vid.me/NlzG/batman-vs-superman-dawn-of-justice

I'm not so sure I can really root Batman vs Superman. Every movie has to be dark now? It's depressing. I find our escapist movie experience is leading us to dystopia. My teen son is excited though. so its meh for me.

ADVERTISEMENT