ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Chinese Food and other ethnic food

A-K stands for Allegheny-Kiski. I include Freeport in the A-K Valley as it's right on the Allegheny River in a valley. Jeff and Greg Christy are in the A-K Valley Sports Hall of Fame and both played at Freeport HS and Don Early is in too and he coached at Freeport HS.

Me Lyng in Homestead. No video screens, you can carry on a conversation, BYOB, eclectic crowd enhanced by the national Asian resturant chain a hundred yards away attracting people who only go to say they've been there, perfectly campy Asian atmosphere and very good eats. It's been there for decades.

MeLyng in Homestead has Americanized Chinese and Vietnamese food in the same menu. It has been our family favorite for twenty plus years. We laugh about peoplev waiting in line to pay three times as much down at the PFC chain in the Waterfront a stones throw away.

But I also love LuLu's pan fried noodles which remind me of the noodles I used to get at a hole in the wall community table place called Little Hong Kong in Boston's Chinatown when I worked up there back in the mid80's.

Nikki's on the North Side for Thai, but this thread was about going outside the city. Chen's in Cranberry for Chinese. There is a Mexican restaurant near the Zelienople airport that is very good. If anyone likes good old American seafood, Off the Hook in Warrendale may be the best in the area, but you will pay.

Originally posted by jaygeekray:
MeLyng in Homestead has Americanized Chinese and Vietnamese food in the same menu. It has been our family favorite for twenty plus years. We laugh about peoplev waiting in line to pay three times as much down at the PFC chain in the Waterfront a stones throw away.

But I also love LuLu's pan fried noodles which remind me of the noodles I used to get at a hole in the wall community table place called Little Hong Kong in Boston's Chinatown when I worked up there back in the mid80's.
I saw that place and was going to try it.

Originally posted by forgeclifton:
Me Lyng in Homestead. No video screens, you can carry on a conversation, BYOB, eclectic crowd enhanced by the national Asian resturant chain a hundred yards away attracting people who only go to say they've been there, perfectly campy Asian atmosphere and very good eats. It's been there for decades.
I was a very young girl when this opened. I remember how good it was growing up. Right on 8th Avenue down from the Walgreen's. My folks still still live in the area; I might need to stop in or get takeout the next time I am there. (Which might be tomorrow!)

Me Lying in Homestead is very good. However, I will give PFC in the Waterfront it's due. Everything prepared there is made from scratch...which can't be said for most Americanized Asian restaurants.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT