ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Did anyone see the new Avenger's flick?

pitt-girl

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Mar 16, 2004
We had a family emergency so couldn't make it this weekend. Any thoughts?

Very fun.
I'm not some literalist so I enjoyed it.

But felt like a 4 hour movie cut down to fit in all they could, some parts too thin.
I'm totally not a literalist also. I can enjoy movies from basically any genre, but I need to be entertained on some level. I heard they had way too many characters - almost hard to keep track. No Locki.

Super-charged, super-sized, super-streamlined pulp. Very, very fun. Check it out. I'd give it a B+.

I'll watch it eventually I'm sure, but it looks miserable and I thought the first one was awful. I have no problem with camp and fun and even plot holes, especially in superhero movies, but I find the Marvel Universe very blah.

^^^People that didn't think much of first seemed to much prefer this one. And, for better or ill, vice versa.

We saw it on Sunday. I thought it was good. We took our two boys, 11 and 9. They loved it. There were a lot of characters but I didn't think they were hard to follow.

pitt-girl, hopefully your emergency is behind you.

We probably won't see the movie, our son is 2.5 but look forward when he gets a little older.

For those that are into Marvel - ABC's Agents of Shield totally rocks. My young son (a middle schooler) really got into the storyline and has now pointed out much of the crossover materials and topics that the new movies are now focusing on. The Second season has really upped its game. Many tie-ins to the movies, and future Marvel movies.

pitt-girl, hopefully your emergency is behind you.

We probably won't see the movie, our son is 2.5 but look forward when he gets a little older.
Pitt-Chains - thanks, yes the emergency was resolved. Great care at Mercy Hospital for my father.

For those that are into Marvel - ABC's Agents of Shield totally rocks. My young son (a middle schooler) really got into the storyline and has now pointed out much of the crossover materials and topics that the new movies are now focusing on. The Second season has really upped its game. Many tie-ins to the movies, and future Marvel movies.
I have only seen it a few times, but the show is pretty good. The Agent Carter run in January was really, really well done.

Haven't seen it yet...very much looking forward to it....mad now I haven't kept up with the ABC series ....

Can't wait for Spideys inclusion in the Avengers....its coming folks.

agents of shield is a great show. the latest episode (well, next-to-latest, the one on april 28 not the one last night) was basically an hour-long prequel to age of ultron minus the avengers being all over the screen. marvel has almost seamlessly integrated the show into the movies, what happens in the movies impacts what happens on the show and vice versa and they make it work.

Finally got to see it today.
We enjoyed it. Lot to take it in.
Not sure which one I liked better.

If you watch The Blacklist, James Spader voices Ultron the exact same way he does Reddington on the show.

Btw there is only one credit scene so, unlike us, you don't have to sit through all the credits.

ADVERTISEMENT