ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Keith Richards turns 80 today.... Incredible

Keith died in the mid seventies. They just roll him out, Weekend at Bernie’s style, now and then.

If you want to be entertained, read his autobiography "Life".

He's practically the only living celebrity that I truly like.
I of course know who he is but outside of being the Stones guitarist I knew nothing about him. Other than the jokes/references above. But he was on Howard Stern not long ago and it was very good.

It’s really something that he has lived a life of extreme debauchery ( at least for the first 60 years or so) and not only is he living, but he’s touring next year.

You know another musician who’s made it way longer than anyone imagined is Ozzy Osbourne. Ozzy admittedly has done enough coke and LSD to eradicate small villages.

But Ozzy is having some health issues recently. Keith said his doctors told him a few years ago no more coke, etc. but he said you can still do marijuana.

He just played at Willie Nelson's 90th birthday party.
I know he's 10 years younger than Willie, but it seemed like there was an ever bigger difference. Although in fairness to Willie, your late 80s seem to be when you really start aging if you've been in good shape up to that point. I know several guys that were in surprisingly good shape at 85 that really started going downhill at about 87 or 88.

Sorry to sound discouraging if you're reading this and in your mid 80s. I know other guys that continued to bowl and golf into their 90s.

I know he's 10 years younger than Willie, but it seemed like there was an ever bigger difference. Although in fairness to Willie, your late 80s seem to be when you really start aging if you've been in good shape up to that point. I know several guys that were in surprisingly good shape at 85 that really started going downhill at about 87 or 88.

Sorry to sound discouraging if you're reading this and in your mid 80s. I know other guys that continued to bowl and golf into their 90s.
The majority of PITT fans are approaching their 80's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT