ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Neb/Wis

chrisran24

Redshirt
Gold Member
Feb 12, 2019
This may be the best college women’s volleyball match I’ve ever seen. The level of talent for these two teams is absurd. About to start the 5th set. The passing, the swings, the blocking, it’s all just another level. It would be hard for Pitt or Louisville to keep it close with either of these teams. And the Nebraska crowd is incredible. So fun to watch

Reactions: latz66
This may be the best college women’s volleyball match I’ve ever seen. The level of talent for these two teams is absurd. About to start the 5th set. The passing, the swings, the blocking, it’s all just another level. It would be hard for Pitt or Louisville to keep it close with either of these teams. And the Nebraska crowd is incredible. So fun to watch
It was an extraordinary match.....too bad it ended on a net violation that had no bearing on the outcome of the last play of the game....but rules are rules.....so be it.

Reactions: chrisran24
It was a great game. Two great teams and could’ve gone either way. Agree those two seem to be on a different level this year.

It was an extraordinary match.....too bad it ended on a net violation that had no bearing on the outcome of the last play of the game....but rules are rules.....so be it.
You would have thought the three or four just prior to that point might have caused a bit more caution.

I went with my daughter's team to the Purdue vs PSU match yesterday. I'll be shocked if Nebraska doesn't boat race them this weekend.

You would have thought the three or four just prior to that point might have caused a bit more caution.

I went with my daughter's team to the Purdue vs PSU match yesterday. I'll be shocked if Nebraska doesn't boat race them this weekend.
So you saw Chloe Chicoine for Purdue......20 kills in that match. I watched the last 2 sets. What does she stand...about 5'10".....amazing athlete. What's your view of her compared to Babcock?

So you saw Chloe Chicoine for Purdue......20 kills in that match. I watched the last 2 sets. What does she stand...about 5'10".....amazing athlete. What's your view of her compared to Babcock?
She is not very tall at all but boy is she athletic. It was wild that they struggled to block her because she just comes hard and has a huge windup like Vasquez-Gomez. Also has one heck of a jump serve. Very accurate and very consistent. Sets a good block, too. Arm swing comes over the top really well and she gets a ton of spin.

Babcock seems like she hits more accurately. Can go down the line with a bit more authority. Not as powerful as Chicoine but hits a little better from behind the 3 meter line. Serve isn't as consistent. Babcock is better in the back row. I don't think either of Purdue's OH's were put in serve receive (lined up behind the back row).

Reactions: vantheman1976
She is not very tall at all but boy is she athletic. It was wild that they struggled to block her because she just comes hard and has a huge windup like Vasquez-Gomez. Also has one heck of a jump serve. Very accurate and very consistent. Sets a good block, too. Arm swing comes over the top really well and she gets a ton of spin.

Babcock seems like she hits more accurately. Can go down the line with a bit more authority. Not as powerful as Chicoine but hits a little better from behind the 3 meter line. Serve isn't as consistent. Babcock is better in the back row. I don't think either of Purdue's OH's were put in serve receive (lined up behind the back row).
The 1st time I saw her jump serve my jaw dropped.....not something I expected from a 5'10" hitter. You're correct about the hitting accuracy. Their stats bear this out. As expected....Babcock with her height has better blocking numbers. Both have very similar numbers in points/set.....Babcock 4.2.....Chicoine 4.3. They are clearly superb athletes and so much fun to watch. A Purdue-Pitt match up in the NCAA tournament would be a treat.

Reactions: pittdan77
Highest rated volleyball match of all time. 600K viewers which was 100K more than the Nebraska football game earlier in the day. Women's volleyball is on fire. They need to do more to popularize this sport. I cant say I am a fan but it is an extremely marketable women's sport if they do it right.

Reactions: Chaos
They're doing just fine.
Yes and no. The growth is awesome, don't get me wrong, and its trending in the right direction. But there's still Pitt matches that are only on ACCNX and not on ESPN+ which makes no sense to me. Why wouldn't they include all of them on ESPN+? You're just limiting the audience for the miniscule fraction of people who get ACCNX. Its really frustrating to not be able to watch games for that reason

Yes and no. The growth is awesome, don't get me wrong, and its trending in the right direction. But there's still Pitt matches that are only on ACCNX and not on ESPN+ which makes no sense to me. Why wouldn't they include all of them on ESPN+? You're just limiting the audience for the miniscule fraction of people who get ACCNX. Its really frustrating to not be able to watch games for that reason
Takes time. Worst thing you can do is try to ram it down people's throats. The sport has a huge youth movement that is growing. Few years ago it was even harder to find games to watch. Now you can find a game on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. More money flowing into the sport as well. What we really need are televised pro games. I'll take Italy or wherever but that's the next step. One premier game during the week or something, like we get with the EPL.

The ACC doesn't show any games on ESPN+. You have to pay extra for ESPN+. All the Pitt games on ACCNX are free for tens of millions of people.

There are way, way more people who have free access to ACCNX than there are paying customers of ESPN+.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT