ADVERTISEMENT

OT: PITT and the Steelers are forced to change their mascot names

jivecat

Senior
Jul 5, 2001
Let’s say PETA forces PITT to not exploit animals and change their name….what do we call ourselves?

The Rooney’s move the franchise to Austin and Pittsburgh gets a new team, what should the new team name be?

Pitt Phoenix. Pitt survived two fires in the 1800s that wiped the university out and it rose from the ashes. Being a mythical animal, PETA can't complain.

But really, I'd just sell the mascot to the highest bidder for the athletic endowment or NIL money; whichever is legal to do at the time. So, maybe the Pitt PNC Financials or something like that. Cha ching.

Steelers....like the Browns at Cleveland, the name stays.

Not one person said the PITT "Jivecats" and that is hurtful.

For the Steelers, I would go with the Pittsburgh Nittany Lions.

Not one person said the PITT "Jivecats" and that is hurtful.

For the Steelers, I would go with the Pittsburgh Nittany Lions.
That's brutal. I was going to mention that as an option, but is also an animal.

I would integrate the teams together. NFL team is the Pittsburgh Iron City, and the farm team is Pitt IC Lites.

Reactions: jivecat
You know what mascot I am surprised is not banned in this day and age….the crusader. A bunch of Europeans who killed Muslims in the Middle East to conquer them. I figure someone would have get bent out of shape on that.

Reactions: USN_Panther
You know what mascot I am surprised is not banned in this day and age….the crusader. A bunch of Europeans who killed Muslims in the Middle East to conquer them. I figure someone would have get bent out of shape on that.
The Christchurch rugby team are the Crusaders. This was a discussion after the Christchurch mosque shootings.

You spoke too soon; Valpo changed their name from the Crusaders to the Beacons a few years back, though I’m not sure if there was actual outcry or they were just being proactive.

The Pittsburgh Smearers - and the mascot could be the flat slobs Pittsburgh media with gravy and ketchup stains on their shirts.

Let’s say PETA forces PITT to not exploit animals and change their name….what do we call ourselves?

The Rooney’s move the franchise to Austin and Pittsburgh gets a new team, what should the new team name be?
Face to face: Tell them to eff off while wiping the juice from a rare steak off your chin with your sleeve.

I'm down with PETA! Pretty sad how animals are treated, man. Not sure why anyone would be in favor of that.

Anyway... Pitt Indians and the Pittsburgh Indians

• Haha
Reactions: jivecat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT