ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Real Sports and Jim Harbaugh.....

pitt-girl

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Mar 16, 2004
If I'm a Michigan fan I have real doubts that he will last more than 4 years because either 1. he will wear out his welcome with his unrelenting intensity or 2. he will jump back to the NFL. Although I think he is a good person, this is not a flattering portrait and as a player, I would have real reservations playing for him. Yikes.

Reactions: California Panther
I have thought that he will flame out as soon as he was hired there.

He will win some games, but it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't end well in 4 or 5 years.

Reactions: California Panther
If I'm a Michigan fan I have real doubts that he will last more than 4 years because either 1. he will wear out his welcome with his unrelenting intensity or 2. he will jump back to the NFL. Although I think he is a good person, this is not a flattering portrait and as a player, I would have real reservations playing for him. Yikes.
I'm not a Michigan fan, and I don;t especially like Harbaugh, but I think he';s gonna kill it at U of M for as long as he wants to stay. His type of intensity and demanding personality will work a lot better with college players than the prima donna pros, as he has already proven. He has already made a huge splash recruiting and is rounding up a gaggle of the top QB prospects from around the country, as he is probably the best QB coach in all of football, college or pro. They went from having a nearly bare cupboard at the position 4 months ago to an embarrassment of riches and getting richer all the time., Meanwhile, OSU got its archrival back, which is great for college football. That rivalry represents the best of what college football has to offer IMO.

I'm not a Michigan fan, and I don;t especially like Harbaugh, but I think he';s gonna kill it at U of M for as long as he wants to stay. His type of intensity and demanding personality will work a lot better with college players than the prima donna pros, as he has already proven. He has already made a huge splash recruiting and is rounding up a gaggle of the top QB prospects from around the country, as he is probably the best QB coach in all of football, college or pro. They went from having a nearly bare cupboard at the position 4 months ago to an embarrassment of riches and getting richer all the time., Meanwhile, OSU got its archrival back, which is great for college football. That rivalry represents the best of what college football has to offer IMO.
Did you watch the segment from Real Sports?

Did you watch the segment from Real Sports?
I did. So Alex Boone is a lazy prima Donna in addition to being an OSU alum.

Harbaugh will win and win plenty at Michigan. That's why he was the only candidate Michigan pursued and the brain trust there is a helluva lot more knowledgeable about who they hired and what made him such a critical priority than any of us, or than the slanted portrayal of the man on HBO.

I'm not saying he's a likable guy, I'm saying he's a grand slam home run hire for Michigan. They put it all on the line to get him there for a reason. He is relentless about winning.

I'm willing to bet that the 49ers will also return to the trash heap they were before Harbaugh was hired.

The name of the game is winning, and that's all Harbaugh does.

Well, you are not a Michigan fan and the media have decided that the goal of every coach is to be an NFL coach. Ask Nick Saban about that.

Well, you are not a Michigan fan and the media have decided that the goal of every coach is to be an NFL coach. Ask Nick Saban about that.
I asked this before - did you actually watch the segment?

Who lasts longer: Harbaugh at Mich or Franklin at PSU??

Harbaugh will be winning in 2-3 years....Franklin will be gone in 3-4 years....because frankly he is unimpressive entirely as a coach...

Anyone outside of the dome of happy valley friendly media understands penn state is basically completely irrelevant....

Reactions: BVGPitt
Harbaugh will be winning in 2-3 years....Franklin will be gone in 3-4 years....because frankly he is unimpressive entirely as a coach...

Anyone outside of the dome of happy valley friendly media understands penn state is basically completely irrelevant....

Where does PSU fit in this thread? Why do Pitt fans obsess over Penn State that it permeates every friggin thread.

Here's my thoughts on Harbaugh. Unlike the pro's, these kids are only there for 4 years, at most 5. So their is constant turnover and the message isn't dulled. But on a guy like Harbaugh, his problem is, he has bosses. You have to get along with your bosses.

Ummmmmm the post that preceeded mine....hello....

Why so defensive....?

Its my opinion people in pittsburgh who can't escape the bubble vastly overrate penn states actual relevance...even now...its not all their fault...the media bias is palpable....in fact penn state is a punchline with zero threat of being a national contender....

Where does PSU fit in this thread? Why do Pitt fans obsess over Penn State that it permeates every friggin thread.
glad you never go off topic. Ped State is more relevant to Pitt fans than some of the stuff you come up with. It's a message board. get over it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT