ADVERTISEMENT

OT: so was the cop in sc defending himself too

UPitt129

Freshman
Feb 13, 2014
The video is disturbing if you haven't seen it, and if the video didn't surface this would likely go the same way as mike brown. Hopefully this cop is in jail for life.

The video will help ensure it goes the same way as Mike Brown

I know what you are getting at, but my take on this is that they got the Mike Brown/Ferguson thing right. Even the feds agree. The video of this recent incident in SC will ensure that they get this one right as well. Mike Brown was a clean shoot. This one is not.

I was actually stunned to hear they charged this animal with murder.All too often the excuse that police work is dangerous so killing someone is justified is used to explain away this stuff.

The vast majority of people in law enforcement are upstanding people who put their lives on the line every day. I get that. but you would think that vast majority would want the violent racist shoot because I can element out of their line of work. those types cast a bad shadow on all law enforcement people.

I suspect these type incidents will slowly go away in the future simply because good citizens are putting these encounters on tape on more and more occasions. maybe the police in these cases will start to understand that shoot to killl isn't their only option.

Re: The video will help ensure it goes the same way as Mike Brown

Mike Brown was not a clean shoot. he was sitting in his car and for most of the encounter was not physically engaged. All the cop had to do was hit the gas and either back up or pull forward and wait for help. He had options and he chose the one that ended a life.

The thing that is disturbing to me is at first the department defended the officer...said it was self defense, said the cop feared for his life. Very much similar to the brown shooting. The evidence could go either way in that case, but without video there is no way to know.

Under the law - this was clean

Even the Feds declared that Wilson's use of force was justifiable. No offense, but I'm not sure you know enough about it to delcare anything different here.

Mike Brown was not a clean shoot. he was sitting in his car and for most of the encounter was not physically engaged. All the cop had to do was hit the gas and either back up or pull forward and wait for help. He had options and he chose the one that ended a life.
Amazing just amazing.

they'll never convict on murder-it will be some form of manslaughter. ~10 yrs

Its clear he planted the taser...and fired 8 shots in his back...

at a guy running with no weapon....can't see a manslaughter there...

That's murder.

it will be argued that it was "bang bang" no pun intended just like shooting a guy who is banging your wife is vol manslaughter. You acted out out of extreme emotion. That will be the defense-pulled the guy over, the guy runs, he acts out of heightened emotion due to the stop.

"too?"

that's the problem, people want to take one thing and act like it means they were right all along about other things

read the justice department department report, mike brown did not have his hands up, he was charging at darren wilson, he already had punched wilson in the car and tried to take his gun. this cop in SC shooting this kid and planting or altering evidence means jack about ferguson, despite people who will stupidly try to use it to say otherwise.

saying wilson should have stayed in his car or waited for backup or shot to disable, it's all stupid nonsense. really stupid nonsense. you do not shoot to disable. that's movie crap. no one in the world except maybe some specialized military snipers are trained to shoot to 'disable.' training to shoot is training to shoot to kill. everywhere. the idea that a cop should back off from someone he is trying to arrest, especially someone who has already assaulted him, because it might end up in a situation where either the suspect or the cop could get killed, is especially stupid. criminals would be getting away even more frequently than they already do and would be emboldened by such a policy.

the amount of monday morning quarterbacking about how restraint should have been shown by officer wilson is completely disconnected from reality. it starts with the presumption that brown should not have been killed period end of that particular part discussion and then tries to rationalize reasons why. it's garbage. he punched a cop, tried to take his gun, and came back for round 2. where was his restraint? if he had done none of those things, he'd be alive today.
This post was edited on 4/8 1:02 PM by deepelemblues

pffffffftttt....dont put me on that jury.....

Given that video I'm not buying that defense....cop acted rationally enough to make up a story immediately and plant evidence...

Dirty cop...and murder...I don't doubt his attorney (his first one bailed already upon seeing video) when he gets one will try that though.

This crap is Copland.

Looks bad. Already charged with murder.

Goofy stuff happens in courts...but that video is pretty clear. Justice should be served, as it was in Ferguson.

Re: Under the law - this was clean

I listened to his own account of the incident and what I am saying is he put himself in a bad situation and chose a poor option to get out of it.

Re: Under the law - this was clean

Michael Brown put himself in a bad position by first stealing from the store, assaulting the owner/employee then bu not following lawful commands by a police officer, assaulting him and going for his weapon. The whole ordeal could've been avoided by Mr. Brown. The hands up don't shoot doesn't hold water. If there was anything there, the justice department would've been all over it

Seems to me doj did a thorough and fair Job with respect to brown/Wilson and asdressing systemic racism in ferguson

This is really sad and sickening.

That officer murdered the guy. It is sickening. I feel terrible for the guys family.

I can't understand hiw the police officer could do this.

Give it up on the Michael Brown case....don't go fighting with a cop and try to get his gun. Who does that???? When a cop tells you to do something....just do it!

Re: Looks bad. Already charged with murder.

Originally posted by NTOP:
Goofy stuff happens in courts...but that video is pretty clear. Justice should be served, as it was in Ferguson.
Totally agree NTOP.

Has the dash camera video been released ?

Originally posted by pitt-girl:

Originally posted by NTOP:
Totally agree NTOP.
Totally agree as well

Originally posted by deepelemblues:
"too?"

that's the problem, people want to take one thing and act like it means they were right all along about other things

read the justice department department report, mike brown did not have his hands up, he was charging at darren wilson, he already had punched wilson in the car and tried to take his gun. this cop in SC shooting this kid and planting or altering evidence means jack about ferguson, despite people who will stupidly try to use it to say otherwise.

saying wilson should have stayed in his car or waited for backup or shot to disable, it's all stupid nonsense. really stupid nonsense. you do not shoot to disable. that's movie crap. no one in the world except maybe some specialized military snipers are trained to shoot to 'disable.' training to shoot is training to shoot to kill. everywhere. the idea that a cop should back off from someone he is trying to arrest, especially someone who has already assaulted him, because it might end up in a situation where either the suspect or the cop could get killed, is especially stupid. criminals would be getting away even more frequently than they already do and would be emboldened by such a policy.

the amount of monday morning quarterbacking about how restraint should have been shown by officer wilson is completely disconnected from reality. it starts with the presumption that brown should not have been killed period end of that particular part discussion and then tries to rationalize reasons why. it's garbage. he punched a cop, tried to take his gun, and came back for round 2. where was his restraint? if he had done none of those things, he'd be alive today.
This post was edited on 4/8 1:02 PM by deepelemblues
I am a truth and justice guy who has had a personal experience with a bad cop. I want to be on the side of the Ferguson peeps because of my experience, and because that police department is clearly rotten.

That said, from the evidence, like Blues said the evidence speaks to it possibly being poor police work, but not homicide or manslaughter. Shooting to disable is Hollywood bull. If you are forced to fire your weapon, well for a non-combat vet it has to be one of the most stressful and difficult things to do. Thinking goes out the window i am sure, and its nothing but training and survival, and a prayer you can hit an easy target at close range. Many cops can't BTW, and pay for it with their lives.

Based on the evidence, that officer should be free, and people are pissed because cops do often get away with murder, and that department is clearly targeting black folk in general, as many do.

Thank god somebody caught that lying piece of crap in Carolina. He should burn IMO, and hopefully in today's modern world of IPhones and Androids, bad cops won't be able to get away with killing by color anymore.

have we seen what happened prior to the shooting? Was there a warrant out for this man? Why was he running? I am not defending shooting anyone, especially eight times but to declare open and shut without seeing what happened prior to that 8 sec clip is rushing things

I completely disagree. There's no justification for shooting the guy eight times in the back while he was running away. The rest doesn't matter. Police aren't judge, jury and executioners.
Originally posted by goadie:
have we seen what happened prior to the shooting? Was there a warrant out for this man? Why was he running? I am not defending shooting anyone, especially eight times but to declare open and shut without seeing what happened prior to that 8 sec clip is rushing things

The scary thing is what would have happened if the video did not exist? How many times do similar things happen and nothing is done, because no video proof exists?

And that is exactly what I mean. It would probably be swept away as self defense.

There are so many conflicting reports I. The brown case that we really don't know what happened.

1) I don't think the SC thing has anything to do with Ferguson.

2) Michael Brown was a punk thug who robbed a store right before his run in with the cop and was refusing to comply with the cop and was agitating and instigating.

3) Whether the Ferguson police force corrupt or not, all inquiries and investigations into the Ferguson situation exonerated the cop. And trust me, they had every possible chance to try and pin it on him that would satisfy the public but they didn't.

4) The SC thing is cold blooded murder. The dude was running away.

1. I still see little difference factually bw the sc guy and eric gardner in ny except the staten Island Da had no balls to charge. Well Staten Island is a whole other story. The Staten Island cop would have been charged in a second in the other four boroughs.

2. This cop better get put in solitary confinement and with suicide watch bc he will either kill himself or get killed in a week.

3. This SC guy was thinking he was running from a taser and gets shot with a gun.

Actually if you dig deeper you will find out that what changed the Brown case was that there was a large number of remarkably consistent eye witnesses that supported the account of the police officer but a lot of these witnesses didn't go public or were not offered the ability to go public due to pressure from communities leaders or network executives. If it doesn't match the initial agenda of the media member who pushes it it doesn't get reported. But they must have been convincing they stopped the justice department in their tracks.

This really is not true. The witness accounts were pretty varied. The hands up thing probably wasn't true, but the idea that brown ran away from someone firing a gun at him then charged that person is laughable at best.

No it is dig deeper. Even the autopsy report from the pathologist hired by the Brown family's report supported the police officers report. It was really not that close.

Can we at least all agree that if Cliven Bundy was black that he and many of his people would have been killed and/or apprehended long ago, and that if Tamir Rice was white he would certainly be alive today?

Let alone how dead Dallas Horton would have been if he wasn't white - he's the guy who shot a black chief of police four times when the police were raiding his home at 4am and was never shot at and walked away with no charges for the incident.

Regardless of how anyone feels about Michael Brown (which everyone's mind was made up before evidence even came out on that case, so that tells you a lot about what facts were truly important to people), I think the above three situations are beyond disagreement.

Originally posted by pittpitt:
Can we at least all agree that if Cliven Bundy was black that he and many of his people would have been killed and/or apprehended long ago, and that if Tamir Rice was white he would certainly be alive today?

Let alone how dead Dallas Horton would have been if he wasn't white - he's the guy who shot a black chief of police four times when the police were raiding his home at 4am and was never shot at and walked away with no charges for the incident.

Regardless of how anyone feels about Michael Brown (which everyone's mind was made up before evidence even came out on that case, so that tells you a lot about what facts were truly important to people), I think the above three situations are beyond disagreement.
hmmm, i seem to remember several hundred to several thousand black people acting far more violently and threateningly towards police in ferguson than cliven bundy and his militia buddies, and they weren't killed or apprehended. i also seem to remember occupy oakland provoking repeated running battles with police where most of the protesters, most of them minorities, were also not killed or indiscriminately arrested in large numbers.

as for tamir rice, google christopher roupe. 17 year old white christopher roupe was shot and killed by police for opening his front door while holding a nintendo wii controller. the officer claimed that it was a gun that roupe pointed at her chest. roupe didn't argue with the cop, didn't fight with the cop, didn't do anything but open his door holding a nintendo wii controller and was almost instantly shot and killed.

dallas horton shot at men who had invaded his home and he did not know they were police because as usual they did a dumbass no-knock no-announce raid. authorities believe horton may have been swatted. from what i've read about the situation, horton's community (sentinel, oklahoma) is a small town (~900 people) and a close-knit community. he knew the cops, they knew him, since they were children. if that weren't the case he would probably be sitting in jail facing charges, or dead.

your premise is ridiculous and the farthest thing from beyond disagreement possible. so tired of this lazy racist crap. if you're gonna say some dumb crap about how "if they were white" or "if they were black" at least make the effort to do some real research into things. instead of turning your brain off and falling back on what 'everybody knows' or 'conventional wisdom' or whatever dumb stuff you've had pounded into your head by a dishonest media and dishonest culture. because what 'everybody knows' is usually straight unadulterated BS.

This post was edited on 4/9 4:14 PM by deepelemblues

deepsouthblues,
I see you're one of the types whose mind was made up about Brown's guilt before the evidence came out.

Originally posted by pittpitt:
deepsouthblues,
I see you're one of the types whose mind was made up about Brown's guilt before the evidence came out.
i'm not sure how.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT