ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Star Wars Trailer....

My fear is that the director ruins it the same way he ruined Star Trek. Those movies were not Star Trek, they were space action movies wearing Star Trek costumes.

I agree, directors can sometimes ruin something so simple. The guy who directed and botched Man of Steel I fear will screw up the Batman/Superman movie.

Regardless, December looks promising with Knight of Cups on the 11th, Star Wars on the 18th and hopefully the Untitled Warren Beatty Project on Christmas.

I love JJ. He can do no wrong in my eyes. Regarding star trek...he was never a fan growing up, nor was I. I enjoyed the recent star trek films, but I have hard core trekkie friends and they hated it. The reason I am so stoked for star wars is he has always stated how important star wars was to him growing up. I get the sense JJ will make a movie that has us forgetting the recent trilogy and bringing empire strikes back darkness again. (I hope anyways.)

If Batman v Superman follows the Frank Miller playbook...

They can't lose...and it looks so far as if that's exactly where they are going...1986 Dark Knight Returns....hence Wonder Woman being involved

People who never read that are gonna be lost....Id suggest checking it out prior to the movie release....

Better make the movie before all the favorites of years ago are gone. They may be in galaxy far far away but they age the same.

Originally posted by ratking17:
I love JJ. He can do no wrong in my eyes. Regarding star trek...he was never a fan growing up, nor was I. I enjoyed the recent star trek films, but I have hard core trekkie friends and they hated it. The reason I am so stoked for star wars is he has always stated how important star wars was to him growing up. I get the sense JJ will make a movie that has us forgetting the recent trilogy and bringing empire strikes back darkness again. (I hope anyways.)
Fan or not, he should have treated Trek with more respect and not turned it into a typical, bland space film.

Ski, I respectfully disagree. Star trek is a dying franchise. I respect the passion of the fans but had JJ's name not been attached to it, this franchise would be the equivalent of direct to vhs marketing. His goal is to make money, not make a film only trekkies will view. But if I were a fan of the originals, I understand and see your point of view. My line of thinking regarding star wars is that he is such a fan of the original trilogy, I have really high hopes for his movie in Dec.

His first Trek movie was good

And I like the old movies (most of them) as well.

Originally posted by ratking17:
Ski, I respectfully disagree. Star trek is a dying franchise. I respect the passion of the fans but had JJ's name not been attached to it, this franchise would be the equivalent of direct to vhs marketing. His goal is to make money, not make a film only trekkies will view. But if I were a fan of the originals, I understand and see your point of view. My line of thinking regarding star wars is that he is such a fan of the original trilogy, I have really high hopes for his movie in Dec.
I agree with all of this. The original Star Trek was a cult classic and honestly does not translate well at all with modern audiences. JJ took it and made it much more accessible, albeit not to the purist's tastes. I happen to like the old and the new Star Trek franchise. The casting is superb IMHO.

This post was edited on 4/18 12:01 AM by pitt-girl

Dont often admit it, but Im a Trek fan. I'm not in the I hate the new movies camp, In fact I kinda liked the Khan alternate universe reboot one, but I have some serious scientific problems with the first one. They could do what they want but why put in a bunch of mumbo jumbo that even a fourth grader knows scientifically isnt right? So let me get this straight, a super ultra hyper nova is going to destroy the entire galaxy?!? And beyond that, the plan to save us from this super ultra hyper nova was to create a super ultra hyper black hole that was somehow going to suck in the s-u-h nova without destroying the galaxy itself?

I got lost in bewilderment during the rest of movie trying to wrap my mind around that part. It being a pivotal part of the story was just a head scratcher.

If Age Of Ultron and Fury Road weren't about to drop, I'd be more jazzed. I preferred the initial tease but the latest footage did boast some awesome scope and a commendable return to more practical effects. Speaking of sci-fi, is Ex Machina ever going to expand to Pittsburgh? I sure hope so...

Abrams will do well and stay within his means. He'll deliver something likeable and worth rooting for... I mean, he essentially morphed Star Trek into Star Wars films. A bit more anxious to see Rian Johnson's (Looper) take on Episode VIII. Abrams usually plays it a bit too safe for my taste. Awesome, awesome, awesome to see Han and Chewy. That's undeniable.

Casting of the new Star Trek crew really was amazing. LIke many I could go for some better writing, but the casting really does Rock the Casba.

Agreed... Casting was awesome, especially Urban as Bones and Pegg as Scotty. Casting appears uniformly outstanding in SW7 too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT