ADVERTISEMENT

Our new AD is killing the Press Conference

ratking17

Head Coach
Mar 15, 2009
Funny...engaging...forceful...

Some key things: He mentioned vision and how the AD cannot create vision of athletics on his own. He needs to include the chancellor and most importantly the coaches.

Has mentioned multiple times that this is about relationship building with the Pitt community. My interpretation is that he views the fanbase as needing to reconnect with the team/university.

Reactions: JoseLind13
Yeah, he's an impressive dude. He gets it, like Gallagher.

He was able to raise a huge amount of money while at Utah State, and he did that by reaching out to the fan base and building relationships with them. Again, he gets it.

I am sure he has told that Karl Malone joke a million times, but for us as newbies, it was funny and played well. The other really interesting quote he had was regarding Dixon. Said something along the lines that during his 5 year run on the NCAA basketball committee, he ran into coaches all of the time. And all of the coaches had hire admiration and respect for Dixon.
Now all of this could be just because we are comparing him to our last guy. Smiley always seemed to come across as fake and when he talked about Pitt, he seemed to be getting a colonoscopy at the same time. Barnes was relaxed, acted like he has been there; done that, and seemed excited to get going. I forget who it was on Twitter, but one of the Pitt bloggers said that he had a source that claimed Barnes had already reached out to donors yesterday and this morning. Not sure if that is true or not, but if so, you gotta love it...

It is a new era for Pitt athletics. What a great feeling...

He mentioned his son plays aau basketball. Maybe we hired him for his 16 year old son

Funny...engaging...forceful...

Some key things: He mentioned vision and how the AD cannot create vision of athletics on his own. He needs to include the chancellor and most importantly the coaches.

Has mentioned multiple times that this is about relationship building with the Pitt community. My interpretation is that he views the fanbase as needing to reconnect with the team/university.

Very impressive !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT