ADVERTISEMENT

Owt's Takes.........

recruitsreadtheseboards

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2006
I know, I know, you guys like your musings more, But hey, I am not so bad am I???

1) I am still stunned. I so expect these nail biter, last second win (or loss) ACC games, I mean we were up 31 in the 4th and I was still nervous! That was really nice and a really nice statement.

2) I don't know what else can be said about Kenny Pickett. The decision to return so far looks to be genius. In one of the gamethreads, not sure who (I think Shere) brought up a great comparison. Kenny is having a Joe Burrows like season. It's a problem with preseason polls and such, in absolutely no universe should Spencer Rattler be ahead of Kenny on any Heisman vote. Except for Ron Cook of course.

3) More Kenny. I am not the ultimate football guru, but what I am I think is a fair judge of the passing game. Kenny as they say "spins it". Man, he has matured from a questionable arm to a guy who can make all the throws and all of the throws well. He throws such a catchable ball, a nice spiral. Now, he is also throwing receivers open, and delivering to spots which you have to do in the NFL.

4) More Kenny part 3. So often, over the years I have lamented the lack of a Sr QB playmaker, the guy who not only can 50 yards, but tuck and run for 7 yards and a 1st down. So often in year's past, you saw these guys elevate their teams. We are seeing that with Kenny.

5) Jordan Addison is special. He runs great routes, gets separation and most importantly, catches with his hands. People say he lacks "athleticism", and I am not seeing that. I mean Lynn Swann and Jerry Rice didn't run great 40's, but no one caught them on a football field. Never heard anyone talk about Larry Fitzgerald's 40 time. But the guy Addison most reminds me of, save for the knucklehead stuff is AB. No, not Antonio Bryant but Antonio Brown. Similar size and build as AB, he runs great routes and catches everything (almost) that is thrown to him.

6) Good running game, the line was pretty good all game long. But I am sorry, #2 and #9 are much better than #22. Some of the 4-5 yards runs by Davis, would have been 10+ or more by Izzy. I am just not getting it....

7) Defense. Yeah.....I mean the Line is stout. Played a great game.

8) Loved the game by Sirvocea Dennis. Thought he was all over the field.

9) A shout out to Car Dealers everywhere for John Petrishen's day. Really great to see. His dad sold me my first car! LOL and have known the family all my life. In fact, I almost typed "Nick".

10) I didn't get GT's gameplay. Every time they handed the ball to a running back I breathed a sigh of relief. I felt the way we could get into trouble is if Sims ran or if they threw down the field. I just don't get why they would try and run the ball with a back.

11) Still think Narduzzi needs to change up defenses in regards to down and distance. I don't like our DB's on islands on long down distances.

12) Huge win. Great game going into a bye week. VT next week host the Irish. So like GT, maybe they will come into our game with some of letdown.

13) I don't know when our next couple of game (VT, Clemson and Miami) will be scheduled but it is nice to see it is not Pitt's issues that would cause the games to be subjected to some stupid channel and time,.

14) Everything is till in front of us. I am now thinking WMU was just one of those "WTF" games that sometimes happens and in turn, maybe a good thing for us to focus and rally the team.

Enjoy the off week......

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News