ADVERTISEMENT

Package Deal Effect?

tlmitch

Prep
Jan 13, 2015
I was wondering... could Butler know privately within the circle of Pitt recruits that the D-Back heavy laden package deal is silently committed...thus pushing him away and scaring him away from the heavy competition in the defensive backfield. If so, I don't mind loosing him for Hamlin, Coleman, Jackson, Hudson and so on! Just wishful thinking maybe..! But still Wish he hadn't decommitted though.

Reactions: eidolon21
I was wondering... could Butler know privately within the circle of Pitt recruits that the D-Back heavy laden package deal is silently committed...thus pushing him away and scaring him away from the heavy competition in the defensive backfield. If so, I don't mind loosing him for Hamlin, Coleman, Jackson, Hudson and so on! Just wishful thinking maybe..! But still Wish he hadn't decommitted though.
Based on recruiting history here...I'd stop wondering

package deal, are people still talking abou this? This ship has sailed

And neither is committed to Pitt. Didn't Hamlin's dad also rip Pitt on twitter?

Neither committed anywhere yet.

His Dad ripped Pitt fans, not Pitt. He went out of his way to mention that he was not referencing the coaches or school. It was also pointed out that they Pitt "fan" he was referencing was not a Pitt fan.

Reactions: daminals76
Why would be decommit because other players might commit. Makes no sense. He obviously used Pitt as a fall back then decided to move on with schools he liked more. let's just be glad he did it now and put him out of our minds and move on. Please.
Agree! But considering his instability from the beginning who knows what else may have played in his decision. This is why I Love and hate recruiting. A program, a university, a city is so greatly affected by the decisions of 16 & 17 year olds! If you allow it to be Its very much an emotional roller coaster for the supporters to say the least. And that's exectly why Im beginning to set boundaries on this stuff!

Speaking of package deals... I think the Wheeler decision is huge. If we can get him and Gilbert, we suddenly have a good DL class. Then I think the CC pipeline may start, we get Hamlin I hope, and some of those crazy central fans they have might be some Pitt supporters like the days of Marino.

I do think the woodland hills rb is pretty solid at univerisity of penn state (his words) but I can see a scenario forming if some of these dominoes fall and Conner having another huge year and Pitt getting national love that he may be a signing day flip. Hope for the best!

Roughly 35/83 kids on the team are from the Greater Pgh Area so I am sure we will win some of these local recruiting battles. If we have a good season there is not reason to think we can’t take most of them.

Speaking of package deals... I think the Wheeler decision is huge. If we can get him and Gilbert, we suddenly have a good DL class. Then I think the CC pipeline may start, we get Hamlin I hope, and some of those crazy central fans they have might be some Pitt supporters like the days of Marino.

I do think the woodland hills rb is pretty solid at univerisity of penn state (his words) but I can see a scenario forming if some of these dominoes fall and Conner having another huge year and Pitt getting national love that he may be a signing day flip. Hope for the best!
Yeah! From twitter you do get the sense that Hamlin & Ford have already made up their minds as to where they are going. I REALLY BELIEVE THAT WHEELER'S DECISION MAY ALSO BE AN INDICATOR AS TO WHERE HAMLIN (HIS CURRENT TEAMMATE) IS GOING! IT MAY BE THAT IF WHEELER GOES TO PLAY ELSEWHERE (SAY WVU) THEN IT MAY BE A CLUE THAT HE KNOWS HAMLIN ISNT COMING. On the contrary, he may come here because he just wants to play for Narduzzi and/or play with his local buddies close to home! Who knows...

Reactions: The Loaded Italian
I agree. I dont think Hudson will come to Pitt, but the others seem bought into everything here. Hamlin will be tough to hold onto... he is certainly pro Pitt in a big way, but man... has to be tough hearing from all those schools

I agree. I dont think Hudson will come to Pitt, but the others seem bought into everything here. Hamlin will be tough to hold onto... he is certainly pro Pitt in a big way, but man... has to be tough hearing from all those schools

aint gonna get a kid from McKeesport, give up that dream. Lets hope we land Wheeler and that leads to Hamlin/Ford.

Reactions: daminals76
I don't think the 'package deal' talk should be taken too literally. Clearly, these kids have expressed a desire to play together, and many of them may end up coming to Pitt for that reason. But I doubt that kids are actually saying that they will only come to a school if offers to friends are extended.
Each one that signs with Pitt though, probably does increase the chances of getting others, because it helps them buy into the idea that something exciting is happening with the local program, and they want to be a part of it.

If hudson doesnt commit to psu this weekend i dont think he's going to psu because their last 3-4 remaining spots are going to start filling up quick with 2-3 being held for elite prospects and hudson doesnt fit into the elite chategory.

only committed ones have bought in.

ADVERTISEMENT