ADVERTISEMENT

Peak tweets pitt vs Iowa night game on BTN

That sucks. That makes it exclusively a regional broadcast, so Pitt won't get good exposure for the game.
And, it means I won't get to see it since I live outside of the BTN extortion area.

Originally posted by raleighpanther:
That sucks. That makes it exclusively a regional broadcast, so Pitt won't get good exposure for the game.
And, it means I won't get to see it since I live outside of the BTN extortion area.
I totally agree! This should have been on ESPN (or one of the 10 billion sub channels of ESPN - is ESPN OCHO a reality yet?)

Away games vs Big is a really bad idea if you want TV exposure.

I'm guessing 99.8% of America either has no idea what channel it is on or they don't get the channel.

Rutgers @ Penn State is BTN's night game on September 19. Pitt @ Iowa will only be on BTN in Iowa. Everywhere else, including Pittsburgh, it'll be on a non-HD sub-channel. If you have Comcast, you'll get it. Not sure about other cable/satellite providers.

As opposed to the outstanding exposure they would get as one of 12 or so games on at the same time in the afternoon?

For those of us going to the game this is great! Booked a flight from Latrobe to Chicago for $100 round trip for each person. Easy drive from Chicago.

Those with DirecTV will probably see it

BTN has multiple channels that they use on DTV when more than 1 game is on.

I can understand you Pitt guys are not BTN guys and maybe you've never watched a game on the BTN but they do a great job of covering games, I prefer the BTN to BSPN because I won't have listen to an SEC slurp fest. BSPN partially owns the SEC network so they tout the SEC relentlessly, it detracts from my enjoyment of a broadcast.

More important to Pitt fans is the BTN is a basic cable network in your prime recruiting area and the ratings will be good.

Rutgers @ Penn State is BTN's night game on September 19. Pitt @ Iowa will only be on BTN in Iowa. Everywhere else, including Pittsburgh, it'll be on a non-HD sub-channel. If you have Comcast, you'll get it. Not sure about other cable/satellite providers.
If you have direct TV, the overflow channels are in high definition

I prefer the BTN to BSPN because I won't have listen to an SEC slurp fest. BSPN partially owns the SEC network so they tout the SEC relentlessly, it detracts from my enjoyment of a broadcast.

And I'm certain that the BTN is fair and balanced, calling it down the middle, no B1G bias at all...nooo sirrreeeee

Reactions: California Panther
You'll be the judge of course but I think BTN does a good job of broadcasting games lets's be clear on one important point all the BTN people are VERY HIGH on Pat Narduzzi who is universally admired.

I don't control the schedule so nothing I can do. Hard to judge BTN announcers because the majority of games are in conference.
The studio guys are homers, but hey..the conference owns the network..it is unrealistic to expect objectivity. The announcers have nothing to do with the game.

I'm confused on this... Isn't PSU/Rutgers in prime time the same evening. Will we not be able to watch Pitt/Iowa locally?

What do you mean by a non HD sub channel?

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
I'm confused on this... Isn't PSU/Rutgers in prime time the same evening. Will we not be able to watch Pitt/Iowa locally?

Since PSU/RU is the primary BTN game in that time slot, the only way you will see Pitt/Iowa (unless you live in Iowa) is if your cable/satellite provider offers the exta BTN "overflow channels." Comcast does though they arent in HD. I want to say they are in the 400s.

Chances are you'll have access to the overflow channels but most of America (and most of Pittsburgh) will have no idea how to find the game. It will be Pitt's lowest rated game of the year and I have little doubt that this was done deliberately by Delaney to get back at Pitt for trying to recruit 2 B10 members away to the ACC. He's a vengeful SOB.

I have the channels so I'll get to watch it. The other option out there for people might be the BTN2go app which may have the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT