ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Adds 1st RB To 2016 Recruiting Class, LINK!

CaptainSidneyReilly

Chancellor
Dec 25, 2006
Pitt moved from 79th to 69th with Garner & Moss added.

Article & Highlights:
Pitt adds 1st RB to 2016 recruiting class
B7SGOlZCEAADeYa.png:large

Running back Chawntez Moss visited Pitt for the first time Saturday, and when coach Pat Narduzzi offered a scholarship the next day, he quickly committed.

“I toured the campus, saw the classrooms and it looked like the place for me,” said Moss, a rising senior at Bedford (Ohio) High School. “It feels like it was just a fit.” Moss also has scholarship offers from Cincinnati, Iowa, Maryland, Indiana and 10 of the 13 Mid-American Conference schools.

Moss (5-foot-11 1⁄2, 200 pounds) was a workhorse running back last season for Bedford, which plays in the second-largest classification in Ohio. He rushed for more than 2,000 yards, including memorable efforts of 394 yards and seven touchdowns against Lorain and 365 and four scores in a 34-32 loss to Mayfield in the regional final.

“He's a kid who really is a leader on and off the field,” Bedford coach Sean Williams said. “He plays hard and runs the ball well. He is very good with his hands. He's really a total back.” Williams said Moss is a threat in the passing game, recording 32 overall touchdowns last season.

Moss, who has earned a three-star ranking from Rivals.com, is Pitt's fifth verbal commitment from the Class of 2016. He joins Central Catholic defensive back Bricen Garner and Upper St. Clair offensive lineman Brandon Ford and two other Ohio players — quarterback Thomas MacVittie of Cincinnati Moeller and defensive back Tony Butler of St. Edward.
LINK:
Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/college/pitt/8608271-74/moss-pitt-running#ixzz3dlnDrc84

Reactions: USN_Panther
Got him away from 3 big 10 schools, not bad. I think RBs definitely shine at Pitt, always seem that way, even the little used backs typically get shots in the NFL like Nick Goings, Hynoski, Parish, etc

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
According to our mods, MSU really liked Moss and gave him a close look despite being full at RB. We already have Adams for 2016 (and LJ Scott for 2015) so there wasn't any room here.

Pitt probably has a good one here.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
ADVERTISEMENT