ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt baseball signs a GCC pitcher for next season .......

see link below, Liberatore originally signed with DI Campbell University but their baseball program was put on probation for next season so he was granted his release and sign ed with Pitt .....http://triblive.com/sports/hssports...199-74/liberatore-pitt-campbell#axzz3fhfB4Ezl
I'm guessing this is the scholarship that would have gone to Wesley Rodriguez, whose now awaiting Tommy John surgery. He has until Wednesday to sign with Arizona. If not, maybe he does come to Pitt and rehabs at UPMC. Then we get him for two more years.

I'm guessing this is the scholarship that would have gone to Wesley Rodriguez, whose now awaiting Tommy John surgery. He has until Wednesday to sign with Arizona. If not, maybe he does come to Pitt and rehabs at UPMC. Then we get him for two more years.

I'd love to have Wesley at Pitt ..... sounds like we may find out later this week.

Rodriguez signs shortly after Swanson agrees to a well under-slot deal.

Gets $350K. So that's 4th/5th round money under the slotting system, which is probably fair given the TJ surgery. Was ranked as a ~3rd rounder by Baseball America so he didn't lose too much money in the deal and has world class training and rehab to boot.

Last edited:
Rodriguez signs shortly after Swanson agrees to a well under-slot deal.

Gets $350K. So that's 4th/5th round money under the slotting system, which is probably fair given the TJ surgery. Was ranked as a ~3rd rounder by Baseball America so he didn't lose too much money in the deal and has world class training and rehab to boot.
Thanks for the update. I was searching yesterday and finally hit on the Swanson article with Wesley's update. I'm pretty sure his older brother is also in Arizona so that's another plus for him being there. Would have been nice to have him here but officially time to move on.

ADVERTISEMENT