ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt lady soccer

Saw video of the winning goal. It never completely crossed the line, but then again, it may have been a handball against the Panthers.
I think it was a tough camera angle but it looked like it did cross the line. I think if you plan to use VAR, have a goal line camera shot. The angle was deceiving to make judgement, but UNC was going to score at some point.

Doesn't matter the sport the All Carolina Conference officials will always side with the Tarheels, Blue Devils and Tigers.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Good news, bad news.

The bad news is that based on who everyone still has to play Pitt's chances of making the ACC tournament without wins against both Wake and NC State are not good at all. Four points probably is not going to do it, unless we get some upsets elsewhere in the league.

The good news, however, is that if Pitt can beat both Wake and NC State it is almost certain that they will make it. It would take all bunch of results to fall the wrong way to have us in a big tie for the last couple spots and lose out in a tiebreaker.

Good news, bad news.

The bad news is that based on who everyone still has to play Pitt's chances of making the ACC tournament without wins against both Wake and NC State are not good at all. Four points probably is not going to do it, unless we get some upsets elsewhere in the league.

The good news, however, is that if Pitt can beat both Wake and NC State it is almost certain that they will make it. It would take all bunch of results to fall the wrong way to have us in a big tie for the last couple spots and lose out in a tiebreaker.
Wake and Nc State are beatable, and with West back, chances to win have gone up. Wake is solid and playing their best soccer in forever, Nc Stste is good but inconsistent. Unfortunately, there maybe too many easy games foe teams just ahead of them and behind them. UNC has a tough game against ND but easy against Miami. VT has BC and Syracuse. Louisville has Clemson and Duke, so probably not jumping Pitt in standings. NC state has Pitt and Syracuse. 5 teams with 3 wins, but UNC and VT have a bunch of ties. It’ll be very interesting the last two weeks.

Unfortunately, there maybe too many easy games foe teams just ahead of them and behind them.

You know, I just assumed that eight team made the women's soccer tournament like they have for as long as we have been in the league, but that looks like it's actually not true. It looks like only six teams make the tournament this season for some reason. And if that's the case everything that I was going to type about what we needed to happen is wrong.

If it's only six teams then we not only need to win the next two, we need probably all of about seven or eight other games to come out right to make it as well, including several upsets. And that is just not going to happen.

Took my 3 girls to the game yesterday, lots of fun. I can't say that I've been to or really ever watched much woman's NCAA soccer prior to yesterday. I've heard that there is a lot less flopping in the woman's soccer, and that seemed to be the case yesterday, for the most part. Except on the 2 quick penalty kicks awarded Wake early in the second half. Neither seemed too egregious from where I was sitting, especially with the way the game had been officiated up to that point. I was hoping to get an opinion from someone more familiar with the woman's college game if that was a reasonably fair sequence. Wake did control play for most of the game, in my opinion, but it would have been nice to steal a win there, but that 2nd PK really seemed to change the game.

Took my 3 girls to the game yesterday, lots of fun. I can't say that I've been to or really ever watched much woman's NCAA soccer prior to yesterday. I've heard that there is a lot less flopping in the woman's soccer, and that seemed to be the case yesterday, for the most part. Except on the 2 quick penalty kicks awarded Wake early in the second half. Neither seemed too egregious from where I was sitting, especially with the way the game had been officiated up to that point. I was hoping to get an opinion from someone more familiar with the woman's college game if that was a reasonably fair sequence. Wake did control play for most of the game, in my opinion, but it would have been nice to steal a win there, but that 2nd PK really seemed to change the game.
Glad you liked it. I think an afternoon or evening up at Ambrose is a good time regardless of ones feelings toward soccer. I didn’t see the game, but found happen and if a player is impeded, then the call has to be made. But You are buying into the typical ill-informed meathead hate for the sport that you’re hearing from others. While I agree that flopping exists, especially on the men’s side, it’s not any bigger a part of the game as other things in other sports that Americans complain about but don’t hold it against their given sport. And as far as the men go, I can’t really say it’s an issue at all in men’s college and/or amateur soccer.

but injuries and bodies on the turf can be frequent when you consider the nature of the sport. Imagine a running back running through the line padless and having 4-5 defenders trying to take his legs out and/or kicking at his unprotected shins and ankles. Injuries are going to happen. And yes sometimes gamesmanship will happen and injuries will be imbellished. But I watched 3 EPL games this weekend and didn’t notice one flop that was offensive to me. Situations like Neymar rolling around on the ground in the World Cup like he had been shot don’t happen every week let alone every game. And people inside Soccer hated him for that because it was absolutely ridiculous.

Glad you liked it. I think an afternoon or evening up at Ambrose is a good time regardless of ones feelings toward soccer. I didn’t see the game, but found happen and if a player is impeded, then the call has to be made. But You are buying into the typical ill-informed meathead hate for the sport that you’re hearing from others. While I agree that flopping exists, especially on the men’s side, it’s not any bigger a part of the game as other things in other sports that Americans complain about but don’t hold it against their given sport. And as far as the men go, I can’t really say it’s an issue at all in men’s college and/or amateur soccer.

but injuries and bodies on the turf can be frequent when you consider the nature of the sport. Imagine a running back running through the line padless and having 4-5 defenders trying to take his legs out and/or kicking at his unprotected shins and ankles. Injuries are going to happen. And yes sometimes gamesmanship will happen and injuries will be imbellished. But I watched 3 EPL games this weekend and didn’t notice one flop that was offensive to me. Situations like Neymar rolling around on the ground in the World Cup like he had been shot don’t happen every week let alone every game. And people inside Soccer hated him for that because it was absolutely ridiculous.
Thanks for the reply, I wasn't really insinuating that the WF girl was flopping on either play, I know how physical soccer can be. It just seemed that there were plenty of other plays throughout the game, on both sides, with contact that didn't get called, sometimes surprisingly.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
It just seemed that there were plenty of other plays throughout the game, on both sides, with contact that didn't get called, sometimes surprisingly.

I have said this before, but I think that women's college soccer is clearly more physical than men's college soccer. There are times when players are getting hammered in the women's game and the refs don't call anything. Fouls that I think are obvious yellows and maybe even borderline reds that are only called common fouls, or on rare occasions don't even get called at all.

The improvement in the past two years has been remarkable. Pretty much all of the forwards and midfielders return. They lose the GK and a couple of CBs and they need to shore up the defense.

I think if West hadn’t gotten injured and missed a few matches, they would have won at least one more match and qualified for the ACC tournament. I doubt the NCAA will put 9 or 10 ACC teams in, but going by RPI they should.

Do we have any chance to make the NCAAs?

If there’s any consideration for injuries- this team was much better when Amanda West played; stating the obvious- does that factor in at all.
NC State is a great win, but it is not going to be enough. Pitt’s RPI is way too low.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT