ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt missed a good one

UP#1

Head Coach
Oct 20, 2003
South Fayette's Brett Brumbaugh: Big 33 Football Classic

Brumbaugh finished 5 of 7 for 219 yards with touchdowns of 63, 26 and 86 yards.

Against real all star talent of Maryland:

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
South Fayette's Brett Brumbaugh: Big 33 Football Classic

Brumbaugh finished 5 of 7 for 219 yards with touchdowns of 63, 26 and 86 yards.

Against real all star talent of Maryland:
So did every other Power 5 school I guess.

Seriously, with all due respect to Brumbaugh, who may or may not be a lot better than his offer sheet, how the hell can you judge a kid based on his stats in an all-star game? Are you kidding?

All that said, all the best to him. If he proves he's the real deal he will be able to transfer to a major program.

South Fayette's Brett Brumbaugh was winner in High School, will be winner in College, and is a winner in life. I don't think he really cares what anyone thinks, he just focuses on what he has to do to win and how to do it to win, and will do it to win, and make sure all his Teammates do the same.

We shall see, but his Parents have done a fine job, and everyone will be proud to know this recruit, commit and player for Duquesne Football.

what was the talent level of the Maryland squad? there were alot of stars in PA that didnt play so i am sure the same thing happened in MD..Dont think we missed out on anything though..kid had a good game in a vanilla based all star game where the defense had to play man to man..no zone..so you dont have much to read as a QB when you know the D is in man to man...

Same division......miles apart in every way. The OP always pimps for local kids....which is fine. Hope the kid proves 125 teams wrong....he won't be the first.

Actually, didn't Pitt recruit a local QB who fits the same description?

From what I recall, long before he was offered, most of the posters here considered DeNucci to be the better Div I prospect. Why that is, I don't remember or know.

From what I recall, long before he was offered, most of the posters here considered DeNucci to be the better Div I prospect. Why that is, I don't remember or know.
Quad A, bigger, just as mobile. I haven't seen enough of either to have an opinion. Some kids get overlooked, others overrated. Perhaps Ben's coach being a Pitt legacy had some weight?

what was the talent level of the Maryland squad? there were alot of stars in PA that didnt play so i am sure the same thing happened in MD..Dont think we missed out on anything though..kid had a good game in a vanilla based all star game where the defense had to play man to man..no zone..so you dont have much to read as a QB when you know the D is in man to man...

I reviewed the MD roster in the post gazette before the game was played. Not a ton of P5 recruits on either the MD or PA side.

OMG...prowling? I was schtupping a cops daughter one night as a teen. I snuck out of her house and Dad spotted me in his yard. He called his station and they asked me what I was doing there? I said nothing. They held me at his house for over an hour. Then took me to the station and told my parents to come get me before I was arrested for "Prowling". My guess is Brett is guilty of something similar and nothing more.

Last edited:
OMG...prowling? I was schtupping a cops daughter one night as a teen. I snuck out of her house and Dad spotted me in his yard. He called his station and they asked me what I was doing there? I said nothing. They held me at his house for over an hour. Then took me to the station and told my parents to come get me before I was arrested for "Prowling". My guess is Brett is guilty of something similar and nothing more.
Wonder if he had a tee-time.

Original--My recollection is exactly the opposite of yours. That recollection (based on all sources I read--this Board, TOS, the Blather, Doke's blog, etc.) is that most posters thought Brumbaugh the better prospect (at least going into his senior season) and were surprised (1) that Pitt didn't offer Brumbaugh and (2) that they offered and signed DiNucci despite his sidearm throwing motion (shades of ND's Johnny Huarte from the 1960s).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT