ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Renovation Project - Donations

I don't mean to infer you have ill intentions , just cynical.

By being a cynic you've completely ruined the mood of this thread and campaign.

Yes, it is without a doubt better to donate the money to Pitt. BUT, let me explain how this thing works....

I get this link, I send it to my brother. My brother likes Pitt, but he isn't a Pitt fan. He watches when they are on, knows the WPIAL players, and hopes they do well. He doesn't go to Pitt games, he didn't graduate from Pitt, and he hasn't lived in the state for 12 years.

Under no circumstances is he going to call Pitt and donate 5 dollars.

However, if I send him this link, he donates 5 dollars because it is easy, cheap, and takes almost no time.

Now, would you rather Pitt get 100% of his 0 dollars, or 92% of his 5 dollars?

If you want to donate 10, 100, or 10,000 to Pitt, then by all means go ahead. Lord knows we need the donations. But this is for people who otherwise wouldn't/can't donate to Pitt for whatever reason. The idea is a lot of 5 and 10 dollar donations to reach the goal and it is admirable.
---------------------
Anyway, this fanbase pays the same amount for tickets as like UCF fans, and complains about everything (not you, that was an out of place rant).

So you think, say, instantly seeing your rank move from, say #1774 to rank #1721 after a $500 donation, is going to spur massive new donations?

There are VERY good reasons why you can't implement such as system...which essentially creates on-line bidding for seat priority....because a large portion of your customer base still don't donate or buy tickets on-line. How do you think 40-year consecutive donor who mails in his paper application is going to feel when he finds out he's been bumped out of his seats by somene throwing $10K into his Panther Club account at the last minute before donation the deadline?

And I'm sure Jeff Long was like...hmmm, how can I make less money and piss people off more? There are reasons things are done. Assigning single prices to sections makes it difficult to raise required donations levels if demand rises. Opening up reseating causes long-term escalation of donations without having to do any always unpopular, wide-spread restructuring of donor levels....if demand remains. That's the issue, demand has to remain strong for donation revenue to grow, and I'm sure that is what they were looking at. Either way, the prior system with grandfathering people in to their original seat selection for life was short sighted and frankly, a repeat of the moronic mistakes of Fitzgerald Fieldhouse seating (and that was all Pederson). Reseating was the right move.

But it is interesting that you are essentially lambasting the athletic department for not creating an on-line bidding war for priority points, but calling them a bunch of scam artists for doing essentially the same for basketball seating.

No, someone moving from 1774 to 1721 isn't going to spur donations. But someone knowing that if they donate say an extra $2000 they could probably get those seats in the first row they really want, or they could move over to similar seats in the next better section over then it absolutely would spur donations. In point of fact, that was exactly what they claimed to be counting on for increasing donations right from the start.

I not sure you understand how this system works, or at least is supposed to work. I mean you ask how the fan who sends in a paper application is going to feel when he gets bumped out of his seats by someone who donated a lot of money on line. Well since that is EXACTLY the way the system works right now, we can ask people how they would feel. In fact, we can ask, well, me, because our basketball tickets got moved back exactly one row twice in the last half dozen or so years. Had I known that donating an extra, say, $500 would have allowed us to keep our old seats there is a pretty good chance I'd have donated the extra money. If I were given the choice ahead of time and decided not to donate extra, there would be no reason to be mad because the choice was mine. Instead, the way it works now is that you find out that you got worse seats than last season when you open the ticket envelope that came in the mail and notice that your seats got moved. I can tell you from first hand experience that the feeling that engenders is not one of joy. I can also tell you that none of the other guys I get tickets with were particularly happy with that turn of events.

The funny thing is that you say that you can't just have it as an online bidding system when the fact of the matter is that what they have done is to create a bidding system for tickets, but they've created a halfassed bidding system where no one can possibly know where they stand. They have absolutely created a system that does not maximize donations while simultaneously taking control out of the buyers hands, ensuring that some buyers are always going to be unhappy with the seats they get. The level of an apologist that one has to be to defend the current system is astounding. But I guess when someone clearly doesn't understand the implications of the current system it makes it a little more understandable.

And for the record, I have never defended the grandfathering of people into certain seat locations for life. In fact when Pitt put out the literature prior to the opening of the PEC that said that people were guaranteed their seat locations for life as long as they maintained their current donation level every year I told the guy I had gone to games with for a couple of decades that it was mind boggling that they would make such a stupid promise. And of course they compounded that by not even collecting the "required" donations that people were supposed to be making.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
I don't mean to infer you have ill intentions , just cynical.
Souf - I understand your skepticism. But if anyone reads through this thread or the one on the premium site will know that this is legitimate. Internet Tough Guy is known and has made it crystal clear what this is set up to do. This wasn't set up for large donations; it is a grass roots effort for small donations that can make a difference. Not judging anyone who can't or won't make a donation, but every effort has been made in this case for total transparency. I love the idea and for once, with all the bitching that goes on here, it is a way, in the smallest of ways, to be a part of helping the athletic department catch up to the bigger fish. If you prefer to go the route of donating to Pitt directly (which many of us do), great! But for many of us, doing both is certainly legitimate.

No, someone moving from 1774 to 1721 isn't going to spur donations. But someone knowing that if they donate say an extra $2000 they could probably get those seats in the first row they really want, or they could move over to similar seats in the next better section over then it absolutely would spur donations. In point of fact, that was exactly what they claimed to be counting on for increasing donations right from the start.

I not sure you understand how this system works, or at least is supposed to work. I mean you ask how the fan who sends in a paper application is going to feel when he gets bumped out of his seats by someone who donated a lot of money on line. Well since that is EXACTLY the way the system works right now, we can ask people how they would feel. In fact, we can ask, well, me, because our basketball tickets got moved back exactly one row twice in the last half dozen or so years. Had I known that donating an extra, say, $500 would have allowed us to keep our old seats there is a pretty good chance I'd have donated the extra money. If I were given the choice ahead of time and decided not to donate extra, there would be no reason to be mad because the choice was mine. Instead, the way it works now is that you find out that you got worse seats than last season when you open the ticket envelope that came in the mail and notice that your seats got moved. I can tell you from first hand experience that the feeling that engenders is not one of joy. I can also tell you that none of the other guys I get tickets with were particularly happy with that turn of events.

The funny thing is that you say that you can't just have it as an online bidding system when the fact of the matter is that what they have done is to create a bidding system for tickets, but they've created a halfassed bidding system where no one can possibly know where they stand. They have absolutely created a system that does not maximize donations while simultaneously taking control out of the buyers hands, ensuring that some buyers are always going to be unhappy with the seats they get. The level of an apologist that one has to be to defend the current system is astounding. But I guess when someone clearly doesn't understand the implications of the current system it makes it a little more understandable.

And for the record, I have never defended the grandfathering of people into certain seat locations for life. In fact when Pitt put out the literature prior to the opening of the PEC that said that people were guaranteed their seat locations for life as long as they maintained their current donation level every year I told the guy I had gone to games with for a couple of decades that it was mind boggling that they would make such a stupid promise. And of course they compounded that by not even collecting the "required" donations that people were supposed to be making.

I'm pretty sure I know exactly how the system works because I know exactly what I would need to donate to move pretty much anywhere, and I know what I need to keep the seats that I have (which I moved up into), which I have kept for about the past 8 years or so. But then, knowing what I am able to give annually (all the while a tech, grad student, postdoc, and other low paying positions), I've always been disappointed with where I am ranked because it is indicative of how poorly Pitt fans donate compared to other schools. I don't get the angst. A few hundred dollars,...like...$500/10 points....is not going to cause many seats to change in a year. I'd be surprised if something that low...equivalent in points to one year of club membership...is what bumped you out of your seats...although I have no idea. I simply don't see that much reseating in my section. But if someone bumped me back, I'd be grateful for their willingness to support Pitt at a level I cannot. But then maybe that is part of the difference, although I like my seats and want to keep them, I view my donation as voluntary support of athletics, not as part of the ticket price. If someday I can't afford to keep my seats, than kudos, because Pitt is the better off for it.

But if seems like you want to turn Pitt's donation site into some sort of ebay where everyone is waiting until the last minute to throw in their bids for specific targeted seats. I don't think it is a good idea to go down that road (or known any school with such a system), and I don't know if it is even possible. Too much of a direct connection between donations and seats might even cross some legal tax line that we haven't even considered.

I would agree, however, if someone has had the same seats for awhile and look to be bumped out of them, they should try to set up a notification system where they are given the opportunity to make up the difference. That seems reasonable. But I don't see major flaws in the current system nor do I have any issue with principles of reseating. Nor is it in anyway a scam unless one doesn't understand the definition of the word.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I know exactly how the system works because I know exactly what I would need to donate to move pretty much anywhere, and I know what I need to keep the seats that I have (which I moved up into), which I have kept for about the past 8 years or so. But then, knowing what I am able to give annually (all the while a tech, grad student, postdoc, and other low paying positions), I've always been disappointed with where I am ranked because it is indicative of how poorly Pitt fans donate compared to other schools. I don't get the angst. A few hundred dollars,...like...$500/10 points....is not going to cause many seats to change in a year.

Paco, I certainly respect you and agree with most of your thoughts. I donate to Pitt what I can, but I've never bought basketball tickets (there is just no way that I'd be able to make enough games and until recently I was a grad student), but doesn't the bold statement above contradict itself?

I have no clue on the ticket system for bball since as I said, I don't buy them, but doesn't the generally low level of donating mean that someone WOULD in fact be able to move into better seats with a relatively small bump in donation?

This part of the post just confused me and I'm looking for an explanation.

Thanks!

Paco, I certainly respect you and agree with most of your thoughts. I donate to Pitt what I can, but I've never bought basketball tickets (there is just no way that I'd be able to make enough games and until recently I was a grad student), but doesn't the bold statement above contradict itself?

I have no clue on the ticket system for bball since as I said, I don't buy them, but doesn't the generally low level of donating mean that someone WOULD in fact be able to move into better seats with a relatively small bump in donation?

This part of the post just confused me and I'm looking for an explanation.

Thanks!
DIO....you need to donate a specific minimum amount each year to get tix in various sections....but the placement in the section is supposedly determined by your CUMULATIVE points, which have several factors....total $$$, years giving, season tix bought, consecutive years buying tix, alum status, etc. I have gradually fallen lower in the pecking order as more big $$ donors have come on board, primarily from Pete Club requirements. I don't have FB season tix anymore, either. When the Pete opened, I was around 700 on the list, now around 1,500.

DIO....you need to donate a specific minimum amount each year to get tix in various sections....but the placement in the section is supposedly determined by your CUMULATIVE points, which have several factors....total $$$, years giving, season tix bought, consecutive years buying tix, alum status, etc. I have gradually fallen lower in the pecking order as more big $$ donors have come on board, primarily from Pete Club requirements. I don't have FB season tix anymore, either. When the Pete opened, I was around 700 on the list, now around 1,500.
Which is relatively good news in the pitt-centric view of the world.
I'll say that Joe makes a good point, that better transparency is necessary- if for no reason to prevent corruption of the process.
I mean- that's what happened at Kansas. http://www2.kusports.com/news/ticket_investigation/

I donate $400 each year for my tickets. Have been a panther club member since 2002 or 03. My rank is in the 3000's. I can, and often do, have basically any section, and sometimes row I select handed to me. This year I am moving two rows down to get away from a few unruly individuals. I consider that fact a true indication of pitts donor list and true lack of revenue when it comes to donations

I'm pretty sure I know exactly how the system works because I know exactly what I would need to donate to move pretty much anywhere, and I know what I need to keep the seats that I have (which I moved up into), which I have kept for about the past 8 years or so.

You say that, but then in your other post you give a hypothetical example of something that would be bad if it happened, without apparently realizing that your hypothetical is exactly the way the system works in the real world. If you don't know that currently someone can get bumped from their seats by a person that makes one large donation then you don't know how it works.

I think the difference here is one of perspective. You got into this relatively later and at smaller donation levels. You essentially started at the back and through attrition and increased donations you are slowly moving forward, as it were. On the other hand, I literally started at the front. We got exactly the seats we wanted when they did the original select your seat thing before the Pete opened. I could have doubled or tripled my donation and I still would have gotten the exact same seats. The first time we got moved was literally the hypothetical scenario you laid out above. Someone made a very large donation and decided they wanted to sit in the seats we had. So too bad for us. The second time I honestly don't know if it was some individual or a company who bumped us, because the tickets haven't been used more than three or four times per season over those three years. I guess it's nice at some level that there is almost always empty seats in front of us.

One more thing. I don't want any of what I've said give anyone the impression that I am some huge donor. The fact is that I am not. I know how much I give and like you I can't believe that I am as high on the list as I am. Our donor base really is pathetic. Anyone who says differently is an idiot.

By being a cynic you've completely ruined the mood of this thread and campaign.

Yes, it is without a doubt better to donate the money to Pitt. BUT, let me explain how this thing works....

I get this link, I send it to my brother. My brother likes Pitt, but he isn't a Pitt fan. He watches when they are on, knows the WPIAL players, and hopes they do well. He doesn't go to Pitt games, he didn't graduate from Pitt, and he hasn't lived in the state for 12 years.

Under no circumstances is he going to call Pitt and donate 5 dollars.

However, if I send him this link, he donates 5 dollars because it is easy, cheap, and takes almost no time.

Now, would you rather Pitt get 100% of his 0 dollars, or 92% of his 5 dollars?

If you want to donate 10, 100, or 10,000 to Pitt, then by all means go ahead. Lord knows we need the donations. But this is for people who otherwise wouldn't/can't donate to Pitt for whatever reason. The idea is a lot of 5 and 10 dollar donations to reach the goal and it is admirable.
---------------------
Anyway, this fanbase pays the same amount for tickets as like UCF fans, and complains about everything (not you, that was an out of place rant).

Tremendous post.

You say that, but then in your other post you give a hypothetical example of something that would be bad if it happened, without apparently realizing that your hypothetical is exactly the way the system works in the real world. If you don't know that currently someone can get bumped from their seats by a person that makes one large donation then you don't know how it works.

I think the difference here is one of perspective. You got into this relatively later and at smaller donation levels. You essentially started at the back and through attrition and increased donations you are slowly moving forward, as it were. On the other hand, I literally started at the front. We got exactly the seats we wanted when they did the original select your seat thing before the Pete opened. I could have doubled or tripled my donation and I still would have gotten the exact same seats. The first time we got moved was literally the hypothetical scenario you laid out above. Someone made a very large donation and decided they wanted to sit in the seats we had. So too bad for us. The second time I honestly don't know if it was some individual or a company who bumped us, because the tickets haven't been used more than three or four times per season over those three years. I guess it's nice at some level that there is almost always empty seats in front of us.

One more thing. I don't want any of what I've said give anyone the impression that I am some huge donor. The fact is that I am not. I know how much I give and like you I can't believe that I am as high on the list as I am. Our donor base really is pathetic. Anyone who says differently is an idiot.

The perspective point is a great one to bring up. I have friends that always went to the games with their dad. He added them to the account when he retired but still made the donations. Unfortunately he passed away a few years ago. The sons decided that since they were so high up on the Panther Club rank that they would cut back on the donation. The ended up being moved from Gold 2, to Gold 4, and will probably be in Red 5A this year for football parking. They also were moved from a pretty close row in the corner for hoops games back to nearly the last row in the same section.

Now that they saw the negative effects of not keeping up or increasing their donation, they're starting to give more. Many younger alums don't like to give because after paying thousands of dollars in tuition over the last 4 years, they're then expected to give 300 to the Panther Club plus pay for tickets and parking. They also go from the best seats in the house to the worst. This is one of the main reasons why people don't give when they graduate and potential donors are lost for years or in some cases forever.

Pitt has to do a better job explaining to the students why giving is required and a good thing for the University. They should also make things a little more transparent as far as donation benefits. Waiting to see what parking lot that you have been assigned as well as waiting to see where the hoops tickets will be is always a bit nerve racking. Both sides (Pitt and the donors) could both improve and make the process easier while helping each other out.

The perspective point is a great one to bring up. I have friends that always went to the games with their dad. He added them to the account when he retired but still made the donations. Unfortunately he passed away a few years ago. The sons decided that since they were so high up on the Panther Club rank that they would cut back on the donation. The ended up being moved from Gold 2, to Gold 4, and will probably be in Red 5A this year for football parking. They also were moved from a pretty close row in the corner for hoops games back to nearly the last row in the same section.

Now that they saw the negative effects of not keeping up or increasing their donation, they're starting to give more. Many younger alums don't like to give because after paying thousands of dollars in tuition over the last 4 years, they're then expected to give 300 to the Panther Club plus pay for tickets and parking. They also go from the best seats in the house to the worst. This is one of the main reasons why people don't give when they graduate and potential donors are lost for years or in some cases forever.

Pitt has to do a better job explaining to the students why giving is required and a good thing for the University. They should also make things a little more transparent as far as donation benefits. Waiting to see what parking lot that you have been assigned as well as waiting to see where the hoops tickets will be is always a bit nerve racking. Both sides (Pitt and the donors) could both improve and make the process easier while helping each other out.

On the other hand.. it might be more difficult for a newer grad, with limited funds, to donate and get a good ranking when other people are getting points they didn't earn.

The other said of the coin though is:

Someone gives $20 to this non-Pitt campaign. Then Pitt calls and solicits a donation for say $100 bucks- and the person says "I've already given".

So, there is the potential for opportunity cost of actually discouraging donations directly to Pitt by creating fatigue.

I think most people are smart enough to realize that this isn't an official Pitt funding campaign. I'd wager a guess that many of the donors here have never donated to Pitt before, and the best indicator for continued support is prior giving.

It would be nice if Pitt saw the interest here, and continued with mini campaigns towards specific goals. For example, after a nice win, all fans on Pitt Football's email list receive a link to a video of Narduzzi asking fans to contribute collectively $10,000 to the football scholarship fund. Do that sort of thing several times per season/year. It wouldn't bring in millions, but it does engage fans, which is good.

I think most people are smart enough to realize that this isn't an official Pitt funding campaign. I'd wager a guess that many of the donors here have never donated to Pitt before, and the best indicator for continued support is prior giving.

It would be nice if Pitt saw the interest here, and continued with mini campaigns towards specific goals. For example, after a nice win, all fans on Pitt Football's email list receive a link to a video of Narduzzi asking fans to contribute collectively $10,000 to the football scholarship fund. Do that sort of thing several times per season/year. It wouldn't bring in millions, but it does engage fans, which is good.
It would be interesting, but...my guess is the percentage of donors is correlated highly to the current or previous donors to Pitt.

Do you REALLY think someone who doesn't care about Pitt football in any capacity is going to be struck to donate so that plaque which doesn't even contain their name..will be put on a locker?

Just saying..my hunch is the donors to this campaign are likewise Pitt supporters who want to support Dave in his endeavor.

Do you REALLY think someone who doesn't care about Pitt football in any capacity is going to be struck to donate so that plaque which doesn't even contain their name..will be put on a locker?

I think there are plenty of fans who care, but won't or can't make a significant contribution.

Reactions: Internet Tough Guy
Significant is all relative.

Like I said.. If you don't want to donate $20 directly to Pitt. Do you REALLY think you will be inclined to donate to this gofundme site?

Yes, for people who aren't financially comfortable spending the minimum $600. This gives those folks a chance to still contribute and know that their donation went to something specific, in this case the locker.

Pitt's fundraising staff probably shouldn't be engaging people who can only make a small contribution anyway. I'm sure they are most concentrated on fans were their research shows have a capacity to make larger donations. So peer to peer type solicitation and crowdfunding initiatives like this are perfect. Hopefully, more engagement with fans like Dave who have shown initiative will allow Pitt to do this sort of thing in an official capacity in the future.

Significant is all relative.

Like I said.. If you don't want to donate $20 directly to Pitt. Do you REALLY think you will be inclined to donate to this gofundme site?

Or the person could think, well my 20 dollars isn't enough to get a Panther Club point, it's not enough to maintain a Panther Club account, but it would still go towards a project I support, so I'll throw a few dollars to the campaign.

I don't imagine Pitt has too many donors that give less than $100 yearly. I only know of one person who gives $100 a year and that's only for basketball tickets because he lives in Seattle.

Yes, for people who aren't financially comfortable spending the minimum $600. This gives those folks a chance to still contribute and know that their donation went to something specific, in this case the locker.

Pitt's fundraising staff probably shouldn't be engaging people who can only make a small contribution anyway. I'm sure they are most concentrated on fans were their research shows have a capacity to make larger donations. So peer to peer type solicitation and crowdfunding initiatives like this are perfect. Hopefully, more engagement with fans like Dave who have shown initiative will allow Pitt to do this sort of thing in an official capacity in the future.

Funny you should mention that. I'm really hoping that the athletics department will allow me to work with the Panther Pitt and the Oakland Zoo to lead more student focused and recent alumni related crowdfunding drives. That could get fans connected to giving, 100% would go to Pitt, and it could serve as a new revenue stream (hopefully to endow a scholarship). Hopefully Pitt gets behind some outside of the box ideas to increase donations and get more fans involved/connected.

There is no minimum $600 donation.

$600 is the minimum to get your name on a plaque. If you give $20 directly to Pitt for the fundraiser..you'll likewise not be recognized, though will get credit for donating to Pitt- same as to this fund which will deliver $18.12 of your $20 to Pitt.

Just saying.

Or the person could think, well my 20 dollars isn't enough to get a Panther Club point, it's not enough to maintain a Panther Club account, but it would still go towards a project I support, so I'll throw a few dollars to the campaign.

I don't imagine Pitt has too many donors that give less than $100 yearly. I only know of one person who gives $100 a year and that's only for basketball tickets because he lives in Seattle.
Frankly, it's more beneficial if they give the $20 directly to Pitt, rather than the net $18.12 via a third party.

Listen- I know you have good intentions. But, I tend to think on some level of motivation- you get to deliver a bigger check to Pitt- from other people's money- so you get to be the face and the credit of the effort.

That's not a bad thing: but, I tend to look at these types of initiative regarding who benefits from it?

I'm not sure if Pitt is in the position yet to let any potential donor slip away. I'm not 100% sure how they have the work divided up, but typically the bigger donors have a specific person they work with to make sure everything is taken care of. Pitt doesn't have a massive amount of donors, so I'm sure the department could find a way to reach the smaller donors. Now they don't have to bend backwards for them, but educating them on what the Panther Club does and fostering a relationship now could pay big dividends later on. It just takes one alum to make it big to completely change an athletic department. That's why, in my opinion, it's critical that Pitt try and reach out to all possible donors no matter how challenging that might be.

Just broke $4,000.
That is a huge milestone for us. We are on day 10 of this campaign and we're 35% of the way to our goal. I didn't think it would go this fast.

I just hope that we can stay steady in our donations over the next few days. The last few donations are the easiest to get once you've crossed the 75 or 80% mark.

I thought I would have to go canning around Heinz Field on the opener just to keep raising money, but I think there is a good chance we have this finished up by the end of the month just as long as people keep spreading the word. Look how much of a dent the Lair put into this and that's just with us diehards pitching in. If we are able to reach more Pitt fans that only give 5 or 10 bucks, that will grow the campaign even more (as long as they share it with their friends).

www.gofundme.com/PittFootball

Last edited:
Many younger alums don't like to give because after paying thousands of dollars in tuition over the last 4 years, they're then expected to give 300 to the Panther Club plus pay for tickets and parking. They also go from the best seats in the house to the worst. This is one of the main reasons why people don't give when they graduate and potential donors are lost for years or in some cases forever.

Agreed.

I posted an update to the site this morning about Panther fan, Matt Davies, who is currently battling head and neck cancer. It's a story worth checking out just so you can see how dedicated some Pitt fans truly are.

That's what gofundme type of things are usually for, helping medical bills... At least the ones I've contributed to.

Nice update and good luck Matt with your battle!

I'd love to see the Panther Club do one of those alumni spotlights on Matt. They typically show the "incredible journeys" or "amazing stories" that Panther Club members have to offer. Matt's story is pretty darn spectacular and should be shared with all Panther fans just so they see how dedicated that young man is.

Just a quick update for everyone. I put in another $30 last night which brought us up to the $4600 mark. That means that we are officially at the 40% mark of our goal.

We're only $1150 away from 50%!

I've tried to get Pitt to promote this, but unfortunately since it's not an official University fundraiser they won't give this any type of promotion. So, this is truly a fan led campaign. I hope that if you haven't donated, you will consider doing so. Even $5 can make a difference. If you have, thank you and I hope you'll reach out to your Pitt fans and encourage them to donate as well!

Nice job at getting some more promotion and support from Pat Bostic. Hopefully this will get full funding soon and by this time next year Pitt athletics will start using it's own crowdfunding platform for specific targets.

Nice publicity there. I see that Pat also retweeted you. That should help get the word out.
Hopefully it gives the campaign a little more of a boost. We had that awesome day on the Lair where donations were just rolling in. We had so many donations at one point that GoFundMe had to email me an hourly summary instead of alerting me each time a donation was made.

We're almost at the 50% mark with only 108 donations. I imagine the rest of the way will be made up of more $5 and $10 donations. I thought it would take about 1000 donors to get us to the final mark, but with such a great start the total number of donors will probably be significantly less than originally thought.

The only way to keep this going is to keep spreading the word. Hopefully more people donate and hopefully the ones that do or have donated will share it with their friends.

hand-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

Pat Bostick just donated to become donor number 139 in honor of 13-9. I thought that was pretty cool.

Also, I'll be posting an update in a few days about the DePasqua family who have remained HUGE Pitt fans over the years. They have some fun and interesting stories to share about the former Pitt coach and their family's connection to Pitt.

We're only $276 away from the halfway point thanks to all of the awesome Pitt fans out there.

Alright Pitt fans, we have officially crossed the halfway point! We are currently sitting at $5825. If you haven't donated yet, today is as good of a day as any. If you have, I hope you'll consider chipping in again, even if it's only $10. The biggest thing you can do to help the campaign is to personally reach out to your Pitt friends and let them know about the fundraiser. That is usually the best way to ensure that a donation is made to our Locker fundraiser. Again, thanks to everyone for all of the support and generosity!

H2P!

ADVERTISEMENT