ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt teams who have made Elite 8 in NCAA Tournaments

Exactly.

And he wonders why people don't take him seriously.

Joe, you do realize the NCAA Tournament was for teams who didnt make the NIT, right? I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings for not including your 1941 Panthers. But it goes down as another L for you. Its ok, I know, you saw the banner and felt you could get me on this. But there's a reason I'm the 🐐. I know the NCAAT the lesser of the 2 tournaments back then and that it was an 8 team tournament anyway. Keep trying though.

Joe, you do realize the NCAA Tournament was for teams who didnt make the NIT, right? I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings for not including your 1941 Panthers. But it goes down as another L for you. Its ok, I know, you saw the banner and felt you could get me on this. But there's a reason I'm the 🐐. I know the NCAAT the lesser of the 2 tournaments back then and that it was an 8 team tournament anyway. Keep trying though.

Only you could make a list of "Pitt teams who have made the Elite Eight in NCAA Tournaments" and then exclude a Pitt team that made the Elite Eight (and the Final Four) in an NCAA Tournament and declare that they got it right.

Which, like I said, is why people don't take you seriously.

Only you could make a list of "Pitt teams who have made the Elite Eight in NCAA Tournaments" and then exclude a Pitt team that made the Elite Eight (and the Final Four) in an NCAA Tournament and declare that they got it right.

Which, like I said, is why people don't take you seriously.

It shouldn't be hard to infer that I wasn't talking about preWW2 NCAA Tournaments which invited teams who didn't make the more prestigious NIT. Next time I will be more literal for you.

It shouldn't be hard to infer that I wasn't talking about preWW2 NCAA Tournaments which invited teams who didn't make the more prestigious NIT. Next time I will be more literal for you.

Why would there be a need to infer anything? You made a clear statement, there was no need to infer. If you want to add conditions to your clear and obvious statement that's on you, not on the people reading your clear and obvious nonsense.

how dare you not recognize our 1918 National Championship where we went 4 - 1 and lost to the cleveland naval reserve

Listen, if they want to hang a banner, I'm fine with that. They have a right to do so. But SMF does not recognize it and SMF doesn't recognize the 1941 Elite 8. In case you are wondering, I do recognize Louisville's vacated national title. I recognize the wins taken away from Boeheim but I dont recognize the wins taken away from Paterno.

should probably designate if the teams identify as mens or womens teams on your list as womens soccer may be making an appearance soon.

should probably designate if the teams identify as mens or womens teams on your list as womens soccer may be making an appearance soon.

If they do, I will change it. Waldrum has done an unbelievable job but women's soccer is super competitive. I don't think he'll get there but hope I'm wrong. But that would be no indictment against him. Just making the NCAAT out of the ACC should give him a lifetime contract. If he can do that consistently, they should build him a statue.

Updated list:

Pitt 🏀 1974
Pitt 🏀 2009
Pitt 🏐 2020 *** April 2021 due to Covid
Pitt ⚽️ 2020 *** May 2021 due to Covid (men)
Pitt ⚽️ 2021 (men)
Pitt 🏐 2021
Pitt ⚽️ 2022 (men)
Pitt 🏐 2022
Pitt ⚽️ 2023 (women)

Pretty good run by Pitt's "Big 3" (volleyball + 2 soccer).

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Updated list:

Pitt 🏀 1974
Pitt 🏀 2009
Pitt 🏐 2020 *** April 2021 due to Covid
Pitt ⚽️ 2020 *** May 2021 due to Covid (men)
Pitt ⚽️ 2021 (men)
Pitt 🏐 2021
Pitt ⚽️ 2022 (men)
Pitt 🏐 2022
Pitt ⚽️ 2023 (women)
Pitt 🏐 2023

I doubt any school has a better 2 soccer/women's volleyball coaching trio than Pitt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT