ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs. Cinci thread

Make no mistake about it.....this game was lost by the idiot qb and the coach that refused to pull him. This qb that refused to go to pitt TWICE! Is probably the worst qb that ever played for pitt. Narduzzi had to pull him.....then kick him out of the stadium. He is so bad that he wouldn't start for a division 3 team. If you don't see how bad he is....you are a relative. He can't throw 20 yards unless it looks like a punt. He is undoubtedly the worst qb you will ever see play in a power 5 game. No way in the world should he ever see the field again. He's garbage

My god man

Breakingpitt.....still waiting to see what part of my post you had a problem with? Nothing I Said was inaccurate. Jurk is the worst qb you will ever see

Once AGAIN we are reminded that quarterback is everything in football.
Also helpful to have a good O line, stout defense, competent receivers and an OC that knows what he’s doing.

Mr. “We need to run the ball more” managed a whopping 3 2nd half rushing yards. Yes you read that right. And only 80 in the first half. We managed a whopping 4.5 yards per offensive play. Who the hell are you gonna beat with that?

There were a great many deficiencies on full display tonight, QB was just the easiest one for the average Joe to see.

Also helpful to have a good O line, stout defense, competent receivers and an OC that knows what he’s doing.

Mr. “We need to run the ball more” managed a whopping 3 2nd half rushing yards. Yes you read that right. And only 80 in the first half. We managed a whopping 4.5 yards per offensive play. Who the hell are you gonna beat with that?

There were a great many deficiencies on full display tonight, QB was just the easiest one for the average Joe to see.
10-33 . You can't run if the other team knows you can't throw 20 yards

Teams almost always score in these situations. It just requires patience and no negative plays.
That’s not really true. It’s ain’t easy to get into that end zone from 30 yards out especially with the game on the line.

Definitely shoukd have won. Our qb couldn’t hit anyone and they couldn’t cover our receivers at all
Man, if they couldn’t cover our receivers at all, must mean our QB can’t hit the broad side of a barn, seeing how he only completed 10 of 32 passes. That’s putrid in today’s football.

I take it you do not see yourself as "the average Joe"?

10-33 . You can't run if the other team knows you can't throw 20 yards
You’re not wrong but we didn’t really even try. And we did very little to get the backs involved in the offense, either running or receiving. We have a really shitty offense.

I’m not defending the Jurk, he is what I was afraid he was based on his past, but the O line couldn’t pass protect, the receivers couldn’t run a route or make a play on a contested ball or off-throw, and the OC didn’t try anything to stress the defense or get them out of base and off balance. There is zero effort to get the skill guys the ball in space.

It was a total fail, and it all starts and ends with Nardummy.

We tried the gimmick of the guy who was going to play with his old OC. It’s failed two weeks in a row. Before the season is lost for good, revamp and try the QB who was already going to start next year anyway. Don’t waste the season on this failure

• Love
Reactions: FireballZ
Man, if they couldn’t cover our receivers at all, must mean our QB can’t hit the broad side of a barn, seeing how he only completed 10 of 32 passes. That’s putrid in today’s football.
Indeed. It was one of the worst quarterbacked games in Pitt history (ok nothing was as bad as the sun bowl in El Paso 0-3), receivers dropped a few but also made some tough catches by Mumpfield and Reynolds

So many said Phil was fine last week and criticized the few who weren’t impressed. The concerns were valid and were in full force this week. Jurkovec was bad. Means was bad. The pass rush was bad. The run defense was bad.

So many said Phil was fine last week and criticized the few who weren’t impressed. The concerns were valid and were in full force this week. Jurkovec was bad. Means was bad. The pass rush was bad. The run defense was bad.
Add the Oline to that list - they got manhandled.

Reactions: Burgh15
Means didn’t have a catch all game. Hard to believe because it seemed like the ball went his way a good number of times, although I can’t find a box score listing how many targets he had.

Edit: just saw where steelbowl70 listed it in another thread, 0-11.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 303vND
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT