ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs Colorado State comparison

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Colorado State is a team that is extremely safe but I wanted to point out just how close these resumes are and point out that its at least possible that the committee punishes the MWC for gaming the system and gives them 5 instead of 6 and gives the ACC 5 instead of 4

Pitt CSU
40 36
4-6 6-7
5-3 3-2
6-2 7-1
7-0 6-0

Road 7-4 4-7

BPI (which is on the team sheet).
Pitt 32
CSU 71

KenPom
CSU 38
Pitt 40

Best wins
@ Duke Creighton neutral
@ UVa vs SDSU
Wake neutral vs UNM
@ NC St vs Boise St
NC St vs Nevada neutral
Wake vs Utah St
VT Wash neutral
@ BC BC neutral
@ GT vs Utah St

Pitt has 5 Q1/2 wins on the road. CSU has 0.

Conference rank
ACC 4
MWC 7

And this is a team EVERYONE has safely in. They probably do get in but what I'm saying is if you dont buy into the MWC hype and realize what they're doing or if you saw Colorado State play, you can make a very good argument for Pitt to be in over them or any of the 10-15 teams ahead of them.

Everyone has 7 at-larges for the combined MWC/A10/American and those 7 are pretty safe it would appear. But I will make one prediction right now. It wont be 7. It'll be 6. Maybe 5. FAU may not make it. They may cut a MWC team. Pitt may not get in because of this but there's going to be at least one team that everyone had in that isnt going to make it

How is Northwestern safely in? Same with OU and even Texas A&M?

Pitt has better NET, road wins. A&M is 9-4 in Q3/Q4 versus 13-2 for Pitt.
It seems clear the conference tournament chaos will spill into the selection— I suspect there are at least 2 surprises as to teams everyone expected in being left out and 2 teams most had out being in.

Putting my Pitt blue and gold glasses aside , I could see like Michigan State and Oklahoma left out or some team not even considered on the bubble like Northwestern or Colorado St and at least 1 team presumed a long shot getting in… I have a feeling Providence get in ..

I do think the committee will have to almost take a fresh look given how many upsets there were — I saw a tweet somewhere thst the committee is putting in much harder work than normal this year as there is so much movement and so many teams very close to each other ..

This could be a year Bracket matrix is way off …

It seems clear the conference tournament chaos will spill into the selection— I suspect there are at least 2 surprises as to teams everyone expected in being left out and 2 teams most had out being in.

Putting my Pitt blue and gold glasses aside , I could see like Michigan State and Oklahoma left out or some team not even considered on the bubble like Northwestern or Colorado St and at least 1 team presumed a long shot getting in… I have a feeling Providence get in ..

I do think the committee will have to almost take a fresh look given how many upsets there were — I saw a tweet somewhere thst the committee is putting in much harder work than normal this year as there is so much movement and so many teams very close to each other ..

This could be a year Bracket matrix is way off …

This is exactly right. The resumes are so close. There's absolutely going to be 1 major surprise. Maybe 2. It might not be Pitt but you are going to see 1-2 teams that everyone had safely in get left out.

Seriously 9 big 12 teams safely in and 6mwc teams? Oklahoma and tcu should be bubbles just as much as Pitt. I would say if a fifth ACC is team it will be Pitt

26% of ACC teams with the UNC AD as vice chair when you could make a very good case for both Pitt and UVa. It wouldn't be some crazy inclusion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT