ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs Kentucky volleyball game 1

Thoughts on the match:
-Nice hitting game from VVG, good bounce back from a rough tournament in Montana
-Kelley is a beast and Pitt needs her back in order to be a top 5 team this year. Big drop off from her to Monks
-Stafford is going to be very good long term but she’s still adjusting to collegiate level double blocks. Tries to hit over and around it too often and needs to learn timing. But she’s going to be really good as time progresses
-Babcock is a star now. She’s gonna lead the team in kills this year
-Impressed by Jepsen, I think she’s a better fit for what this team needs right now than Nwokolo anyway. Her height and blocking are huge benefits and she kills the one balls. But Nwokolo should play over Monks.
-I like the freshman Hawaiian setter (not even gonna try her name yet) better than Akeo, as clearly Fisher does too. Her passing and sets are very clean.
-Really nice game by Klika, her best game yet I thought. She was all over the court
-Overall really solid performance from Pitt at the service line until late, maybe pressing a little hard at the end with some errors.
-Not impressed at all by Kentucky. That team should not be top 25, never mind top 15. Thats a legacy ranking from past success. They have no big time hitters on that team. They’ll be 4th or 5th best in the SEC this year
-Overall, really nice win through adversity and in a tough environment

I hope Bre recovers faster than me. I did that to my ankle playing volleyball 33 years ago and it took me 6 months to recover.

• Wow
Reactions: vantheman1976
I hope Bre recovers faster than me. I did that to my ankle playing volleyball 33 years ago and it took me 6 months to recover.
I couldn't watch the match. What happened to Bre?

I've had two severe ankle sprains on my left and the doctor said it will never go back to normal.

Thoughts on the match:
-Nice hitting game from VVG, good bounce back from a rough tournament in Montana
-Kelley is a beast and Pitt needs her back in order to be a top 5 team this year. Big drop off from her to Monks
-Stafford is going to be very good long term but she’s still adjusting to collegiate level double blocks. Tries to hit over and around it too often and needs to learn timing. But she’s going to be really good as time progresses
-Babcock is a star now. She’s gonna lead the team in kills this year
-Impressed by Jepsen, I think she’s a better fit for what this team needs right now than Nwokolo anyway. Her height and blocking are huge benefits and she kills the one balls. But Nwokolo should play over Monks.
-I like the freshman Hawaiian setter (not even gonna try her name yet) better than Akeo, as clearly Fisher does too. Her passing and sets are very clean.
-Really nice game by Klika, her best game yet I thought. She was all over the court
-Overall really solid performance from Pitt at the service line until late, maybe pressing a little hard at the end with some errors.
-Not impressed at all by Kentucky. That team should not be top 25, never mind top 15. Thats a legacy ranking from past success. They have no big time hitters on that team. They’ll be 4th or 5th best in the SEC this year
-Overall, really nice win through adversity and in a tough environment
Good comments.....and to emphasize...
  1. Klika....what a relief....looks like we finally have an above average libero....it will be fun to watch her continued growth
  2. Babcock does not look like a freshman....if she continues at this pace Pitt may have their 1st ACC freshman of the year....and how about her serve.....good God!
  3. 4 middle blockers and 2 are banged up after 4 matches....sucks. I like what we're seeing from Jepson.
  4. Stafford's hitting percentage after 4 matches is under .200.....and yes....as time goes on she'll figure it out
  5. pretty worried about Dalton and recovery from that injury last year.....thankfully this team is so deep it hasn't been a big factor.....really rooting for her to get healthy again
  6. Fairbanks is well....just Fairbanks....steady as a rock.....getting to the point that we expect excellence from her with every match
  7. looking forward to comparing the stats for this team compared to the 2022 team after the next few matches
  8. Hoping for a nice turnout at the Pete tomorrow.....and another Pitt win

1. Klika....what a relief....looks like we finally have an above average libero....it will be fun to watch her continued growth
  2. Babcock does not look like a freshman....if she continues at this pace Pitt may have their 1st ACC freshman of the year....and how about her serve.....good God!
  3. 4 middle blockers and 2 are banged up after 4 matches....sucks. I like what we're seeing from Jepson.
  4. Stafford's hitting percentage after 4 matches is under .200.....and yes....as time goes on she'll figure it out
  5. pretty worried about Dalton and recovery from that injury last year.....thankfully this team is so deep it hasn't been a big factor.....really rooting for her to get healthy again
  6. Fairbanks is well....just Fairbanks....steady as a rock.....getting to the point that we expect excellence from her with every match
  7. looking forward to comparing the stats for this team compared to the 2022 team after the next few matches
1. Remember, Emily didn't earn the starting job until very late last season. She's a warrior!

3. Good that Jepsen is getting the extended playing time and experience. She'll be needed later too.

6. Rachel is one of the most productive players that Pitt has ever had...including all sports! Such a joy to watch compete.

7. Me too.

On 6, I didn’t even feel i need to comment on Fairbanks because she is so consistent. We always know what we’re getting from her, and that’s one of the top players in the ACC, match after match. But agree with all your points

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT