ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs UNC Wrestling

According to the UNC wrestling site it's an available stream for $10 (minimum).

That said, I'd recommend staying away from that option. They easily have the worst stream platform I've ever seen and I've yet to come across the *actual* link to the match.

Thanks for the info. I guess I will have to find a place that is putting the results up then.

Originally posted by goalieman:

Originally posted by pittparty:
Any place to watch the match online??
Not that I know ?
Where are you getting your results from, any play by play? I looked at track wrestling and couldn't find anything.

I think they are saying Henderson (NC) may be wrestling at 149???..

so I'm not sure who wrestled at 141 for NC.

149 - ???? Henderson/Barber (NC) dec Racciato (Pitt) 4-2 ..... tied 6-6*

nm

This post was edited on 2/22 1:14 PM by goalieman

Re: I think they are saying Henderson (NC) may be wrestling at 149???..

It doesn't seem like the person who normally does it is doing it today. First they wrote Bright & Henderson were at 133 (which they weren't - they're at 141) and then they had Henderson wrestling both Edgar & Mikey.

Henderson wrestled at 141. Barber wrestled at 149.

The Bright victory in particular is huge - he went undefeated at 141 in the ACC. He beat MD's Brown when he was #8 in the country, beat this kid who's #6. Beat a good wreslter in Spisak of UVA. Would be a true accomplishment to take the indiv. title as a freshman, Carter or no Carter.

Morelli lost 4-0 at 165.

Obviously this team thought this match would be a walk in the park and weren't ready to wrestle. And coaches didn't have them ready. We should win the last 4 matches, but we should have won 2 that we already lost so this is not looking good.

"singregardless", thanks for the clarification ... big upset win for Bright

over the 6th ranked wrestler Henderson !

I think that whoever is tweeting for Pitt wrestling reflects the team performance. He has had the wrong guys wrestling; the same UNC wrestler at 2 different weights and just now said UNC's 184 got an escape in a match Max won 4-0.

We lead 13-12 with two matches left.

Originally posted by mike412:
I think that whoever is tweeting for Pitt wrestling reflects the team performance. He has had the wrong guys wrestling; the same UNC wrestler at 2 different weights and just now said UNC's 184 got an escape in a match Max won 4-0.

We lead 13-12 with two matches left.
LOL ..... true and it's hard to report the results when you have to figure out what really happened from his/her tweets !

197 - Bonaccorsi (Pitt) pins Abbodanza (NC) 4:27 ..... Pitt up 19-12*

nm

Bono with pin at 197 to clinch match 19-12.

Obviously Bright was prepared for his match and our 174-197 pounders came through as usual. The rest, not so much.

Pitt wins the match and clinches outright ACC regular season title !!!!*

nm

I'd cut Shelton some slack. He put 12 up on UNC to get win #80 in his career, after Zanetta's upset loss gave UNC some momentum.

How he got to 80 wins is a minor miracle. He & the staff deserve a lot of credit for it.

PJ with major decision at Hwt in a match which according to the tweets was only 2 periods. Guess he dozed off between the first and third periods

PITT WINS THE MATCH 23-12 AND THE REGULAR SEASON ACC TITLE !! ..

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE PITT WRESTLING TEAM...... PITT'S FIRST ACC CHAMPIONSHIP !!!!!!!!!

Re: PITT WINS THE MATCH 23-12 AND THE REGULAR SEASON ACC TITLE !! ..

So awesome. Happy for Coach Peters & the team in accomplishing this in Year 1.

Can't wait to go to down to Blacksburg March 8th and see them get the hardware next!

It's going to be tough - Maryland is going to negate a lot of our upper weight advantages. Z failing against Kraisser also clouds the picture some.

Tyler will definitely get 174. Bright going undefeated at 141 could bode well for us. Shelton is technically the highest ranked ACC kid at 133, but lost to UVA's kid. I think Shelton is the key.

It's going to be tight, but certainly doable.

This post was edited on 2/22 1:58 PM by singregardless

Re: PITT WINS THE MATCH 23-12 AND THE REGULAR SEASON ACC TITLE !! ..

Originally posted by singregardless:
So awesome. Happy for Coach Peters & the team in accomplishing this in Year 1.

Can't wait to go to down to Blacksburg March 8th and see them get the hardware next!

It's going to be tough - Maryland is going to negate a lot of our upper weight advantages. Z failing against Kraisser also clouds the picture some.

Tyler will definitely get 174. Bright going undefeated at 141 could bode well for us. Shelton is technically the highest ranked ACC kid at 133, but lost to UVA's kid. I think Shelton is the key.

It's going to be tight, but certainly doable.

This post was edited on 2/22 1:58 PM by singregardless
Have a good time in Blacksburg and please give us some reports/updates on what you see down there !!!

The guy who has been the wrestling teams media relations person got a new job with the LPGA. There's a new person and clearly the tweets show that.

I think the match against Campbell University must have been cancelled ....

..... Campbell was wrestling The Citadel in a Southern Conference match at 2PM today ...... apparently the match was cancelled a week or two ago when they had that terrible weather and rescheduled for today.... so I think the Pitt vs Campbell match must have been cancelled ..... of course, no one on the Pitt website seemed to know anything about it.

Re: I think the match against Campbell University must have been cancelled ....

Originally posted by goalieman:

so I think the Pitt vs Campbell match must have been cancelled ..... of course, no one on the Pitt website seemed to know anything about it.
Par for the course for the knowledge of the Pitt Athletic Department when it comes to anything other than football/hoops.
sign0003.r191677.gif

Final ACC Standings

2014 ACC Dual Meet Champions

#10 Pitt 6-0, 13-3

#12 Virginia 5-1, 18-3
#16 Virginia Tech 4-2, 18-4
Maryland 3-3, 9-8
NC State 2-4, 14-7
North Carolina 1-5, 6-11
Duke 0-6, 6-15

Yes, apparently the Cathedral of Learning's Victory Lights are on.

Remember, the ACC Championships will be on March 8th and streamed on ESPN3.

This post was edited on 2/22 7:29 PM by CrazyPaco

Re: Final ACC Standings

Looks good ... Pitt at the top !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope we do well at the ACC Tournament !!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT