ADVERTISEMENT

Pro Volleyball Federation - Atlanta Opener on YouTube NOW!

HOF Coach

All P I T T !
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2012
2 Panthers on Atlanta - Chia and L M-M
Click Watch on YouTube

2 Panthers on Atlanta - Chia and L M-M
Click Watch on YouTube

Looks like a great crowd in Omaha but that town would turn up for a Checkers tournament.

Omaha has 3 heavyset girls playing and I've never seen that in college volleyball. You would think they wouldn't be athletic enough. These girls have softball player builds.

Also a few girls are wearing pants instead of shorts. Never seen that.

That's it for my expert analysis.

That's because you rarely watch, and Pitt didn't have any players who did.
Madi skinner was the best player on the best team in the entire tournament. She stuck out like a sore thumb because she was appreciably better than everyone else. She also wore long pants all tournament.

But I’m sure smf will have a qualifier about how the best player in the tournament (and someone who played several games on tv) doesn’t count in his world.

Madi skinner was the best player on the best team in the entire tournament. She stuck out like a sore thumb because she was appreciably better than everyone else. She also wore long pants all tournament.

But I’m sure smf will have a qualifier about how the best player in the tournament (and someone who played several games on tv) doesn’t count in his world.
Oh, look....the team that Pitt beat in the Regional Finals in Madison in 2022. But, the "expert" must have forgotten.

211216_VB_Louisville_1005_team.JPG

I watched the first four sets of that match, Leah Edmond is a beast for Atlanta, she was the best player on the court. Also the Atlanta libero, Morgan Hentz, is unbelievable, all over the court in coverage. Glad we got a good team to root for, even though Chia and LMM probably won't see the floor much.

The other big thing IMO coming out of that match - the replay system they use is fantastic. Captures everything from multiple camera angles and returns an accurate answer within a minute. I hope the NCAA implements that for at least the tournament final four or hopefully sweet 16 in the near future because it will make games much better

Reactions: HOF Coach
I watched the first four sets of that match, Leah Edmond is a beast for Atlanta, she was the best player on the court. Also the Atlanta libero, Morgan Hentz, is unbelievable, all over the court in coverage. Glad we got a good team to root for, even though Chia and LMM probably won't see the floor much.

The other big thing IMO coming out of that match - the replay system they use is fantastic. Captures everything from multiple camera angles and returns an accurate answer within a minute. I hope the NCAA implements that for at least the tournament final four or hopefully sweet 16 in the near future because it will make games much better
Also fun fact the Omaha coach used to coach Pitt volleyball back from 1980-1988!

I went to two of our home NCAA tournament games and both teams we played in those games, Coppin and Washington State, had players that wore long pants. In fact I think they both had two of them.

I went to two of our home NCAA tournament games and both teams we played in those games, Coppin and Washington State, had players that wore long pants. In fact I think they both had two of them.

I feel like there needs to be a medium there. Booty shorts arent really necessary. And long pants would make you too hot. Soccer-type shorts should be the way to go.

I feel like there needs to be a medium there. Booty shorts arent really necessary. And long pants would make you too hot. Soccer-type shorts should be the way to go.
More players are wearing the longer leggings because they don't want their legs getting beat up by getting down after balls. Even if you dive correctly, you can get brush burns so it's just something some girls prefer.

Curious if anyone else has been keeping up with the league and what their impressions are.

The play is just outstanding. My daughter was excited to see a couple of players that she had met at camps. That connection is cool for the girls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT