ADVERTISEMENT

reading the tea leaves.....

benchwarmer04

Sophomore
Oct 30, 2004
looks like that RB nitter WH verbal commit looking to flip to pitt- might not be there. Based on the verbal from the RB from bedford ohio verbal yesterday and the keen interest by another RB from new jersey according to" doke"- i'm thinking the dam burst-and all RB offers came out to committable offers. just my read.

anyone ever watch "gigolos" on Showtime. after watching one episode-uggh.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
Well he is a penn state commit, so obviously we need to recruit others. We are doing a great job on him as well though. I'm convinced if narduzzi was here a year earlier we would have him!

looks like that RB nitter WH verbal commit looking to flip to pitt- might not be there. Based on the verbal from the RB from bedford ohio verbal yesterday and the keen interest by another RB from new jersey according to" doke"- i'm thinking the dam burst-and all RB offers came out to committable offers. just my read.

anyone ever watch "gigolos" on Showtime. after watching one episode-uggh.

Ffrench is being recruited as a DB or WR. So I don't think it effects the Pitt/Sanders relationship at all.

Ffrench is being recruited as a DB or WR. So I don't think it effects the Pitt/Sanders relationship at all.
I seldom comment on recruiting since I know so little and depend on other Posters that follow and know it far better.

Yet, what I see in Sanders is a very smart Player looking at all his options and although he has decided Penn State is for him, he is still considering his options based on what may happen this upcoming season.

If Barkley that will be playing this year for the Lions shows he is a very good Running Back, it is my opinion that Barkley switched from Rutgers to Penn State could be the premier recruit running back in 2016. PSU Head Coach Franklin drew criticism for comments on Signing Day 2012 referring to decommits as not "men of honor" or men of integrity," even though some of his own signees had flipped on verbals before signing with the Commodores and could comeback to haunt him, because he cannot have it both ways. Franklin attacks commits that decommitt from him but praises those that decommitt to others while promising them all they can start as freshmen and that remains to be seen?

If Barkley is as good as expected, one has to look whether it would be wise to go to Penn State, especially if Conner leaves Pitt for the NFL. In that case, playing at Pitt becomes a better possibility for Sanders than going to Penn State, because playing early and often is what smart recruits look to do, over sitting on a bench?

Especially with Pitt having an Offensive Line with many Upper Class-man for Pitt Running Backs in 2016. As I see it, much of the what can happen depends upon how Coach Pat & Staff win this year.

This is not being disloyal to his Penn State Commit but being honest with himself and doing what is best for himself. I still think he will be Penn State's to lose because he has heart set on the Lions, but so did Shady McCoy and Kevin Jones at one time, and they ended up making the right calls for themselves too.

Last edited:
Reactions: pitt-girl
I seldom comment on recruiting since I know so little and depend on other Posters that follow and know it far better.

Yet, what I see in Sanders is a very smart Player looking at all his options and although he has decided Penn State is for him, he is still considering his options based on what may happen this upcoming season.

If Barkley that will be playing this year for the Lions shows he is a very good Running Back, it is my opinion that Barkley switched from Rutgers to Penn State could be the premier recruit running back in 2016. PSU Head Coach Franklin drew criticism for comments on Signing Day 2012 referring to decommits as not "men of honor" or men of integrity," even though some of his own signees had flipped on verbals before signing with the Commodores and could comeback to haunt him, because he cannot have it both ways. Franklin attacks commits that decommitt from him but praises those that decommitt to others while promising them all they can start as freshmen and that remains to be seen?

If Barkley is as good as expected, one has to look whether it would be wise to go to Penn State, especially if Conner leaves Pitt for the NFL. In that case, playing at Pitt becomes a better possibility for Sanders than going to Penn State, because playing early and often is what smart recruits look to do, over sitting on a bench?

Especially with Pitt having an Offensive Line with many Upper Class-man for Pitt Running Backs in 2016. As I see it, much of the what can happen depends upon how Coach Pat & Staff win this year.

This is not being disloyal to his Penn State Commit but being honest with himself and doing what is best for himself. I still think he will be Penn State's to lose because he has heart set on the Lions, but so did Shady McCoy and Kevin Jones at one time, and they ended up making the right calls for themselves too.

Not just Barkley. Akeel Lynch has two years left and has looked very good. Andre Robinson will also be a freshman this year.

I hope Sanders comes to PSU, but I wouldnt blame him if he saw Pitt as a better opportunity and flipped.

Not just Barkley. Akeel Lynch has two years left and has looked very good. Andre Robinson will also be a freshman this year.

I hope Sanders comes to PSU, but I wouldnt blame him if he saw Pitt as a better opportunity and flipped.
I get that, but Sanders will have to earn it anywhere. Pitt has James, Ollison, Ibrahim, and Hall, all of which are capable of earning significant PT. Most P5 teams have a load at RB, and I'm sure recruits are aware of that.

I get that, but Sanders will have to earn it anywhere. Pitt has James, Ollison, Ibrahim, and Hall, all of which are capable of earning significant PT. Most P5 teams have a load at RB, and I'm sure recruits are aware of that.

Yeah... true, but I think the point was the stars. I think the way Pitt is set up, 2 or 3 backs will always see plenty of action. I feel bad for those other guys that Conner is with them just because he is a once in a generation type player. Ibrahim and James are both very talented and will only have a year left after Conner leaves

Yeah... true, but I think the point was the stars. I think the way Pitt is set up, 2 or 3 backs will always see plenty of action. I feel bad for those other guys that Conner is with them just because he is a once in a generation type player. Ibrahim and James are both very talented and will only have a year left after Conner leaves
Conner will be gone next year. No reason for a rb to come back His senior year, his stock is as high as it will get now.

Not just Barkley. Akeel Lynch has two years left and has looked very good. Andre Robinson will also be a freshman this year. I hope Sanders comes to PSU, but I wouldnt blame him if he saw Pitt as a better opportunity and flipped.
I talk to Sports Lawyers once in a while and a few are raving about Barkley and that he could be the Sleeper of Running Backs in this Recruiting Class. One called him the second best back in this 2015 class!

Much of what happens to Pitt Recruiting for 2016 will develop based on what Coach Pat & Staff can win this year. If he can win 8 to 10 Games, Pitt will catch attention of some Recruits on the fence or reconsidering them now, but if it is 5 to 6 wins, Coach Pat & Staff will need time to build the Recruits and Players they do have into Winning Teams.

We shall see?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nittany Avenger
I don't blame Sanders at all for considering all his options just like I don't blame Pitt for bringing in other running backs while he looks around.

I don't blame Sanders at all for considering all his options just like I don't blame Pitt for bringing in other running backs while he looks around.
Agree, and I won't mind it if Sanders ends up at Penn State. I respect recruits doing what they want and playing where they want, and I do want Pitt, Penn State and WVU back in the Top 25!

Increased competition among them actually helps all of them, this is what happen in the 1970-80s and all Three Programs played in National Championship Games with PSU winning 2, PITT 1 and WVU missing beating ND for another.

In the 1990s PSU and WVU did very well and PITT went back to rebuilding its own Program. PSU just missed another National Title in 1994, and was up for a few later. WVU did great in 2000s as well being a Top 10 Team.

All Three Universities are now in separate Power Conferences, with New Presidents/Chancellors, AD's, Head Coaches, and have not seen the Top 25 in 4-5 years now

It is time for all 3 Programs to step up and win their respective Conferences in the future, and all have tall tasks to do that in the ACC, B1G, and BIG-12!

It is even tougher for all of us since we are up against Texas, Michigan, FSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Notre Dame, and Miami Traditional Top Ten Winning Programs the last 30 years. Along with having to beat out Clemson, MSU, Baylor, Wisky, TCU, and Georgia Tech that are doing quite well right now?

So Little Done So Much To Do?

Last edited:
I think the big difference between the Pitt vs PSU scenario is PSU will have possibly two established backs next year. My guess is Pitt will lose Conner and only have James established. This means the second feature back position will be more open to competition. If Sanders is as talented as we believe. He will eventually see the field at either school. He just may see it sooner at Pitt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT