ADVERTISEMENT

Roster Updated on Official Site

DC_Area_Panther

Head Coach
Jul 7, 2001
Players gone are removed. Transfers in are added. Only exception is the two incoming freshman haven't been added yet.

They cant be until they start taking classes in June

That is (no surprise) factually incorrect. The two incoming women's basketball freshmen recruits have been listed on the team roster since they signed their letters of intent.

What would make you think that after someone signs a letter of intent that you can't put them on the roster on your web site?

The two incoming freshmen are now also listed on the official site roster.

Now we wait to see if Capel adds another player or two from the portal or if this will be the final version of the new roster.

I note that photos of all the newcomers will need to be taken and added.

The two incoming freshmen are now also listed on the official site roster.

Now we wait to see if Capel adds another player or two from the portal or if this will be the final version of the new roster.

I note that photos of all the newcomers will need to be taken and added.
Pitt will add at least one more player to current roster

That can't be right, because SMF told us that they can't be on the web site until June.

Ok so I was wrong about photography but right about the important stuff. It does make sense that a player cant be added to the roster until they graduate HS or enroll in college. But this is minor stuff.

I think we are done. Maybe we add another no NIL guy just for emergency death like Michael Hueitt.
I think that would be a huge mistake by Capel. First, in this age of college basketball, why wouldn't you maximize what you can get out of a given year? Second, this team badly will need at least one other shooter.

Reactions: Scasten17
I think that would be a huge mistake by Capel. First, in this age of college basketball, why wouldn't you maximize what you can get out of a given year? Second, this team badly will need at least one other shooter.
And I have said it on the premium board a bunch but for me, IMO still need a starting 4. I am not comfortable with GDG starting and I love the twins

How much money can we possibly have left? We are paying good money for 4 players plus other guys who are getting some decent amount. I wonder if Pitt is waiting for the market to "drop." I mean we are halfway through May and there's tons of guys left. Supply is exceeding demand at this point. They might be able to get some guys at huge discounts in June or July.

Ok so I was wrong about photography but right about the important stuff. It does make sense that a player cant be added to the roster until they graduate HS or enroll in college. But this is minor stuff.

Why would it make sense that a player can't be added to the roster until they enroll in college? That literally makes no sense what so ever.

A player can be added to the roster once they sign a letter of intent. THAT is what makes sense.

How much money can we possibly have left? We are paying good money for 4 players plus other guys who are getting some decent amount. I wonder if Pitt is waiting for the market to "drop." I mean we are halfway through May and there's tons of guys left. Supply is exceeding demand at this point. They might be able to get some guys at huge discounts in June or July.
Do you really see a 4 or shooter starter at a huge discount? If we don't have any money left, then we didn't budget it very well. Are we the Oakland A's? Do we need to play moneyball?

Do you really see a 4 or shooter starter at a huge discount? If we don't have any money left, then we didn't budget it very well. Are we the Oakland A's? Do we need to play moneyball?

Yea I mean like I could see us getting someone like that Temu version of DJ Burns from YSU cheap. But sometimes those guys are good. Like a Gueye. Sometimes.

I think we will see lots of teams with fewer than the 13 allowed scholarships. Calipari recently said he would be spending NIL $ on 8 guys, and fill out the roster with walk-ons. Might become a trend. If so, lots of serviceable players will be available.

Why would it make sense that a player can't be added to the roster until they enroll in college? That literally makes no sense what so ever.

A player can be added to the roster once they sign a letter of intent. THAT is what makes sense.

Because the kid isnt enrolled. Like, what if fails all his spring classes and doesn't graduate. Whatever, its fine. This is a dumb argument even for us.

Because the kid isnt enrolled. Like, what if fails all his spring classes and doesn't graduate. Whatever, its fine. This is a dumb argument even for us.

The rules are pretty simple. The school can talk about the player, and therefore put their name on a roster on the web site if they so choose, after they sign a letter of intent. Before that, they cannot.

It's only a dumb argument because you don't understand the basic rules. If you did, there would be no reason to point out that you had no idea what you were talking about. Again.

Draft 2024-2025 Pitt Roster with Delalic Added
(It includes walk-ons)

Pitt 2024-25 Men's Basketball Roster (May 18, 2024)
#
Full Name
Pos.
Ht.
Wt.
Academic Year
Hometown / High School
Previous School
??Brandin CummingsG6-3170Fr.Midland, PA / Lincoln Park (PA)
4Papa Amadou KanteF6-10235R-Fr.Dakar, Senegal / South Kent Prep
5Ishmael LeggettG6-3185Sr.Prince George's County, MD / St. John's CollegeRhode Island
?? Damian DunnG6-5205Gr.Kinston, NC/ Meadowbrook (GA)Temple/Houston
11Marlon Barnes, Jr.F6-6190R-Fr.Cleveland, OH / Brush
?? Liam MignognaF6-82XXFr.Allison Park, PA / Hampton (PA)
13Benjamin MayhewF6-4180So.Wilkinsburg, PA / Propel Braddock Hills
15Jaland LoweG6-3170So.Missouri City, TX / Fort Bend Marshall
21Vason StevensonF6-3190So.McKees Rocks, PA / Montour
??Amdy N’DiayeF6-10205Fr.Brookeville, NY/ Putnam Science (CT)L.I. Lutheran
25Guillermo Diaz GrahamF7-0220Jr.Canary Islands, Spain / IMG Academy (FL)
31Jorge Diaz GrahamF6-11210Jr.Canary Islands, Spain / IMG Academy (FL)
??Cam CorhenF6-10225Jr.Allen, TX / Sunrise Christian (TX)Florida State
44Jajuan NelsonF6-7215So.Philadelphia, PA / String Theory Charter
??Amsal Delalic F6-7210Jr.Bosnia/Herzegovina
55Zack AustinF6-7210R-Sr.Winston-Salem, NC / Moravian PrepHigh Point

Maybe with Delalic added as probably the last truly NEEDED piece---the coaches may elect to not fill the last open slot and give a one year, non-NIL, old fashioned ship to Mignogna? Just speculating--have no real knowledge, however.
And, yes, Delalic, has been added to the roster on the Pitt official athletic site and Mignogna still is not listed.

Also, none of the newcomers have been assigned a jersey number at this time.

Roster--Official Site

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT