ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Barnes - New AD

Its a good hire. He has made some good coaching hires there, but more importantly developed strong relationships with donors and corporate relationships to bring money into the program. That component is something Pitt needed more than anything in their hire of the next AD given the damage Pederson did with alumni relations, former players, and donors. He also knows how to get the best bang for his buck (TAMU study named him the most efficient AD in the country for success with the dollars he had to work with). Another good thing for Pitt to have at the helm of the athletic department.

Reactions: Bradlib Zannamaker
We shall see, the Pederson Poison left over has so little done and so much to do, and much of the damage has been done among Alumni and Contributor that have come to abandon Pitt because of Pederson, unlike them rising up at Nebraska and throwing Pederson's Ego right out and Nebraska is still recovering from that Pederson Poison as well and that have support, attendance, and statewide following. Winning with Coach Pat & Staff and Jamie too, but rebuilding support was seriously damaged by Nordenberg-Pederson Athletic Regime. Nordy did well to rebuild his vision for Pitt Athletics from 1996 to 2004 but lost his own path of progress when he brought back Pederson.

Pederson return tenure was horrible just like he was at Nebraska before being booted as deserved by his own personality of poison refusing to change or learn from his mistakes.

Yet, Baylor, TCU, and Missy State has been able to recover from their previous mistakes. I will wait and see how Mr. Barnes adapts to coming to Pitt?

Trust but verify is my mantra on Pitt Athletic New Hires! So far so good, but so little done, and so much to do?

It's funny how a memory can be triggered. A few years ago I read an article about on ESPN JC coaches hitting the road recruiting and shoestring budgets they deal with. One coach said something to the effect that "even Utah State has a private plane for recruiting." I remember being struck by that at the time thinking do we have a private plane to recruit and if not why not.

This article was the first thing I thought of when he emerged as a candidate. If he commits to things like private planes for recruiting, especially on shoestring budgets like Utah State's, then it stands to reason he understands big time athletics and what it takes to compete. Great hire in my humble opinion.

It's funny how a memory can be triggered. A few years ago I read an article about on ESPN JC coaches hitting the road recruiting and shoestring budgets they deal with. One coach said something to the effect that "even Utah State has a private plane for recruiting." I remember being struck by that at the time thinking do we have a private plane to recruit and if not why not.

This article was the first thing I thought of when he emerged as a candidate. If he commits to things like private planes for recruiting, especially on shoestring budgets like Utah State's, then it stands to reason he understands big time athletics and what it takes to compete. Great hire in my humble opinion.

Clemson just approved purchase of a 2nd private jet.

Solid hire. Fresh face, new blood, held important position within NCAA, as well as pretty much maximized his school's resources and produced results. Don't care about the "mid-major" rap; let's face it...we're barely major at this point. Let's see what he can do.
HTP!!!

I remember seeing Utah State play weeknight games thinking it's a good thing Pitt doesn't play them lol. Looks like a promising hire.

We shall see, the Pederson Poison left over has so little done and so much to do, and much of the damage has been done among Alumni and Contributor that have come to abandon Pitt because of Pederson, unlike them rising up at Nebraska and throwing Pederson's Ego right out and Nebraska is still recovering from that Pederson Poison as well and that have support, attendance, and statewide following. Winning with Coach Pat & Staff and Jamie too, but rebuilding support was seriously damaged by Nordenberg-Pederson Athletic Regime. Nordy did well to rebuild his vision for Pitt Athletics from 1996 to 2004 but lost his own path of progress when he brought back Pederson.

Pederson return tenure was horrible just like he was at Nebraska before being booted as deserved by his own personality of poison refusing to change or learn from his mistakes.

Yet, Baylor, TCU, and Missy State has been able to recover from their previous mistakes. I will wait and see how Mr. Barnes adapts to coming to Pitt?

Trust but verify is my mantra on Pitt Athletic New Hires! So far so good, but so little done, and so much to do?

He Captain - good news. Your font and color is actually readable on these awesome new boards :eek:

Reactions: Bradlib Zannamaker
It is so refreshing to have a major hire without a cascade of " WTF did we hire this guy for?" I have never been more optimistic about the direction of Pitt sports as the new administration is on board with what it takes to be a player in major college sports. No Oval Jaynes this time.

Reactions: Pitt-Chains
He Captain - good news. Your font and color is actually readable on these awesome new boards :eek:

I disagree.. Captain, as much as I usually enjoy the content of your posts, I still find your font very difficult to read..

Captain...that 1st sentence is the longest sentence in Lair history!
Let me share why I like the hire. Pitt wasn't looking to fill a position. The right people identified what Pitt needed and then took their time and got him.
In short, the process was on target and we got a proven winner still on the rise.

Reactions: rc79
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT