ADVERTISEMENT

Silent Verbals - Possibilities

H2P-2007

Freshman
Nov 11, 2011
If I'm correct, we currently have 1 silent verbal from the 6.1.23 visits, and 2 silent verbals from the 6.8.23 visits.

Based on the prospects that visited and are still uncommitted, the 6.1.23 silent verbal could be a handful of guys, including Elias Rudolph, Nicholas Marsh and Trever Jackson.

However, the two 6.8.23 verbals would have to come from these 3 guys:
Yasin Williams - 4 star RB
Terhyon Nichols - 4 star CB
Koy Beasley - 4 star ATH (I believe we are looking at his as an S)

Very exciting class - hopefully an impact QB and impact bigger WR join it!

They really need to add a QB in this class. They didn’t take one in 2020, 2021 had Yarnell, who looks serviceable, no one in 2022, and Ty Diffenbach in 2023 as a last minute addition after Minchey bolted. That isn’t ideal. I know… “the portal”, but they still need to try and get their own guys. Jackson would be a nice addition and it seems like he and his family loved it at Pitt. I also liked what I saw from the Plano East kid that was a TCU baseball commit.

Reactions: singregardless
If I'm correct, we currently have 1 silent verbal from the 6.1.23 visits, and 2 silent verbals from the 6.8.23 visits.

Based on the prospects that visited and are still uncommitted, the 6.1.23 silent verbal could be a handful of guys, including Elias Rudolph, Nicholas Marsh and Trever Jackson.

I think you have two of the three correct, Nichols being the one who didn't commit.

... And if I put the three in who I think committed, I come out with a composite team score of 212.63, which would have been good for 31st in the country last year. Pretty good.

Last edited:
What is the typical reason for the dramatic silence? Wanting to do it on your birthday? Etc. your mom’s birthday? Especially during summer, nobody’s at your school for the ‘big reveal’. Your 5 star T Pryor I might be able to see. It’s a national story of sorts. But for 99.9% of guys, especially some borderline 3 star deciding between a BC, Maryland or Pitt… nobody really cares. Even your buds don’t care, dog.

The fact that we are likely getting 3 of the 6 you named is very exciting. They are all rated nicely and have pretty sweet offer sheets. Winning out against some of the big names of college football proves the Duzz can continue to build this program. This class is going to be pretty impressive if we finish with any 3 of these six.

Reactions: rmf05
The fact that we are likely getting 3 of the 6 you named is very exciting. They are all rated nicely and have pretty sweet offer sheets. Winning out against some of the big names of college football proves the Duzz can continue to build this program. This class is going to be pretty impressive if we finish with any 3 of these six.

Good thread. Plus we always get a couple guys with more stars over the year, we will end up with one of our top recruiting classes that I can remember

Reactions: Pittisit4me
They really need to add a QB in this class. They didn’t take one in 2020, 2021 had Yarnell, who looks serviceable, no one in 2022, and Ty Diffenbach in 2023 as a last minute addition after Minchey bolted. That isn’t ideal. I know… “the portal”, but they still need to try and get their own guys. Jackson would be a nice addition and it seems like he and his family loved it at Pitt. I also liked what I saw from the Plano East kid that was a TCU baseball commit.
I agree with you 100%. This class needs a solid QB recruit. The class is shaping up to be very solid overall, but at some point you need to add a freshman QB. People can talk about all the talent in the portal and that it's better to focus our efforts there but I'm not convinced you can really play at the top level of the conference depending on another P5 school's second best as your starting QB. Yes, there will be the occasional Caleb Williams in the portal, but guys at that level are in the portal for serious NIL and the chance to win a Natty. We're not going to be contenders. We're going after guys like Jurkovec and Peterman. Solid guys who can contribute but hardly world beaters. And for every Peterman you get, you'll also get a Yellen, Slovis, or Max Browne. I'm not convinced that you can win consistently relying on the portal at the most important position. Another thing that concerns me about using the portal too frequently...it becomes harder to convince a quality high school QB to commit to Pitt. If we never show that we develop young QB's why would they come here? Obviously Pickett is our one example of a developmental player, but the numbers are pretty thin. Based on history we're batting around 50% on transfer QB's. Savage, Peterman, and Jurkovec (I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now) are solid. Yellen, Slovis, and Browne were bad. I'm probably leaving out a few transfers who were so bad I can't even remember their names.

I think it's OK to occasionally use the portal at the QB position. I'm less convinced that this is a viable primary strategy. I guess time will tell.

Cruzer

Last edited:
Welp. Maybe I’ll just keep my mouth shut until December signing period.

Reactions: H2P-2007
Looking at his football offer sheet I think it’s ok to use the scholarship elsewhere.
I watched his hudl video and he looked like he had good size and mobility. Made nice throws on the run, playing what I think is the largest classification in Texas. I’m no expert so no idea why he doesn’t have better offers. Just thought it was ironic that the day I posted that he committed elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT