ADVERTISEMENT

So wait a minute. LeBron James is fully able to participate in last weekends All Star activities...

YourPittDanceTeam

Sophomore
Dec 8, 2010
And then tonight, he is unable to play in the first regular season game following the break. Something is just not right with that situation. The guy makes $580,577.44 per game and he gets to sit on the bench with his teammates and collect that ridiculous amount of money for doing nothing. Come on!! If his ankle is bothering him that much that he can't play in the game, why is the dude even sitting on the bench? The Lakers will never win another NBA Championship with James on the team. Their head coach is afraid of him and knows if he questions what James about anything, he will be gone ASAP. Keep James as far away as you can from Steph Curry. All he would do with the GSW would be to take away scoring opportunities from the best deep shooter to ever play the game.

Reactions: columbus mike
Load Management

84 games + playoffs + exhibition is FAR too many games

They have a back to back as they play the Spurs Friday and then the Suns Sunday afternoon. 3 games in 66 hours in 3 different cities. A lot of the star players dont play both games in a back to back.

And then tonight, he is unable to play in the first regular season game following the break. Something is just not right with that situation. The guy makes $580,577.44 per game and he gets to sit on the bench with his teammates and collect that ridiculous amount of money for doing nothing. Come on!! If his ankle is bothering him that much that he can't play in the game, why is the dude even sitting on the bench? The Lakers will never win another NBA Championship with James on the team. Their head coach is afraid of him and knows if he questions what James about anything, he will be gone ASAP. Keep James as far away as you can from Steph Curry. All he would do with the GSW would be to take away scoring opportunities from the best deep shooter to ever play the game.
You are confusing the all star game with an actual game, and it is not. I suspect that he and his medical staff know more about his ankle than we do.

The NBA regular season means nothing. Everyone dogs it until the playoffs.

Actually James only played in the first half of the All Star game. He sat out the second half because of his injury.

And if anyone is surprised that someone who is not 100% isn't playing both ends of a back to back they must not be paying too much attention to what goes on.

I was in LA last week and wanted to see him play but knew he wouldn't play both Tuesday (at home vs Pistons) and Thursday (at the Jazz). I figured he'd sit against the Pistons because they're awful but luckily I got to see him play in that one and he sat the next day in SLC.

Load Management

84 games + playoffs + exhibition is FAR too many games

They have a back to back as they play the Spurs Friday and then the Suns Sunday afternoon. 3 games in 66 hours in 3 different cities. A lot of the star players dont play both games in a back to back.
Please stop with the "load management stuff". All of his teammates are out there playing in those games, why not James? Time to stop pampering James and treat him like every other Lakers player.

You are confusing the all star game with an actual game, and it is not. I suspect that he and his medical staff know more about his ankle than we do.
Well, doesn't your statement support my point? I mean, if he's willing to go out there at an All Star game and run around the court and jump in the air to shoot the ball and gets his rebounds, then he should be fully able to do that in a regular season game. May I add, I have watched some Lakers games this year and James doesn't go all out during most of them. The only time he really seems interested is in the 4th quarter where they let him handle the ball more and take his shots so he looks like the hero if they win the game.

Actually James only played in the first half of the All Star game. He sat out the second half because of his injury.

And if anyone is surprised that someone who is not 100% isn't playing both ends of a back to back they must not be paying too much attention to what goes on.
He sat out because he got what he wanted, ATTENTION. By going to the game, everyone got to talk about and how great of season he is having at 39. Make no mistake about it, LeBron James is and always has been an "Attention Whore" and his appearance at the All Star game gave him that.
If his ankle has been truly hurting him like they have said all season, then the guy should have stayed home and got treatment on it, instead of playing in a meaningless All Star game.

Reactions: upj87 and jivecat
He sat out because he got what he wanted, ATTENTION. By going to the game, everyone got to talk about and how great of season he is having at 39. Make no mistake about it, LeBron James is and always has been an "Attention Whore" and his appearance at the All Star game gave him that.
If his ankle has been truly hurting him like they have said all season, then the guy should have stayed home and got treatment on it, instead of playing in a meaningless All Star game.
To summarize: you hate Lebron James.

Someone here is an attention whore. And quite a foolish one.

Please stop with the "load management stuff". All of his teammates are out there playing in those games, why not James? Time to stop pampering James and treat him like every other Lakers player.

Buddy boy, most stars dont play in back to backs. This isnt some conspiracy. He's almost 40 with some injury issues. He wasnt going to play both games of a back to back and 3 games in 66 hours.

If you are looking for someone to blame, blame the NBA, the medical staffs, and science. Even younger guys sit out due to load management. Its not like these NBA millionaires conspired to do this. Teams want them fresh for the playoffs so the teams and medical staffs devise plans to minimize their load while maximizing the results. Its science. But considering you seem to be one of those LeBron haters,.my guess is you are also one of those anti-science folks.

Reactions: gilligan 3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT