ADVERTISEMENT

Softball

Joe the Panther Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Jul 6, 2001
Double header today at Georgia Tech.

First game, bottom of the first inning, hit batter, hit batter, hit batter, grand slam.

Not really the way you want to start the conference season.

• Haha
Reactions: FreeportPanther
Double header today at Georgia Tech.

First game, bottom of the first inning, hit batter, hit batter, hit batter, grand slam.

Not really the way you want to start the conference season.
They'll be lucky to win a game in conference this year.
One of their big portal pickups was Akron's 4th pitcher!

I’m giving the new coach a pass on this year. This disaster of a team all is on the shoulders of Lyke. Passing over the fact that she waited at least a year too long to fire Hermanek, she then took far too long to hire her successor. As a result, by the time she was named, most of the team’s few good players had entered the portal and most of the good players in the portal already had found new schools.

At least she knew that they needed pitching, but all she got was scraps. High ERAs at lower levels of competition.

This year, we will see if there is any recruiting benefit in being a softball hall of fame member. I think there might be if you were a recent player and recruits knew your name. I doubt she has that kind of name recognition. But, we will see if she can bring in the kind of class, both through the portal and high school recruits, that this program desperately needs.

It doesn’t necessarily take that long in softball. Clemson, in its first season of softball in the ACC, went to the NCAA regionals. Of course, they had been recruiting players for 3 years.

Reactions: FreeportPanther
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT