ADVERTISEMENT

Softball

Nish67

Redshirt
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2001
Time to give well-deserved props to the softball team. They are now 29-14 overall and 9-9 in the ACC after a weekend sweep of Syracuse. Going in, Syracuse's main threat was a starting pitcher who averaged over a strikeout an inning. In response, the team hit .402 for the weekend. They were led by freshman shortstop McKaylor Taylor who was 8-11 with 2 doubles, 4 home runs, 7 runs scored, 17 RBI's and 22 total bases. Unbelievable numbers and she's only a freshman. She's hitting .305 for the year with 12 homers, 3rd all-time, and 46 RBI's. But our strength is hitters up and down the lineup. Ohio State transfer, junior Shelby Pickett, is hitting .381, leading the team with 56 hits, and also has 7 home runs. Miami (Ohio) transfer, junior Jenna Modic, is hitting .348 with 5 home runs. Junior Maggie Sevilla is hitting .338 and is second on the team with 50 hits. Senior Carly Thea is hitting .326. The defense is really solid. Big series coming up next weekend at home against Virginia Tech.

Don't know how many followers we have on here but this is one team that's making great strides in the ACC and, despite that, has gone relatively unnoticed.

I agree. I think very highly of coach Aprile and knew she'd have things headed in the right direction, but I thought it would take a lot longer for them to be competitive in the ACC.

Congrats to softball team!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT