ADVERTISEMENT

Starting QB Odds for Game 1 Next Season...

To be clear, I hope it's:

Transfer 100%

But this program has been surprising me a lot lately. And they're not good surprises. They bad surprises.

Chances of me having any interest at all in Pitt Football if Christian Veilleux starts next season ..

0 %

What if we start Veilleux but designate the Icy Whites as our primary uniforms? I feel like we could wear them all 12 games. I can't think of anyone we play who wears white at home. As a matter of fact....

6a85bfa3407100690963b470e31a8226.jpg

Anybody ever see these "two" guys in the same place at the same time?

2024 could get cHiLLy.

What happens if PN surprisingly starts Nate Yarnell against BC and he puts up 300+ yards and a win. Do his chances for next year go up a little over the 0-3% predicted herein?

Alot of people here are suggesting that there will be more than 4 scholarship QBs next season. Right now, with Dugger coming in, there is no room for an transfer without taking a scholarship from another position.

Alot of people here are suggesting that there will be more than 4 scholarship QBs next season. Right now, with Dugger coming in, there is no room for an transfer without taking a scholarship from another position.
Do we really need the 14th D lineman, the 15th O lineman, the 6th TE, or 10th WR scholarship over a QB? Easy to find room.

Do we really need the 14th D lineman, the 15th O lineman, the 6th TE, or 10th WR scholarship over a QB? Easy to find room.
Do you need 5 scholarship QBs when most teams have 1 that can even play at this level? My point is that there will 4 QBs, not 5, and people need to learn how to to count. But I didn't want to be that blunt.

Jurkovec is leaving, obviously, but I imagine Yarnell will also unless something changes drastically in these next two games. Either way, they'll roll with 5 if they have to. That's not absurd. How many do we give out to walk-ons each season?

Do you need 5 scholarship QBs when most teams have 1 that can even play at this level? My point is that there will 4 QBs, not 5, and people need to learn how to to count. But I didn't want to be that blunt.
I think you take as many as you need to find that 1. It's the most important position on the field. It's been under recruited and recruited poorly.

To also be blunt, the QBs that aren't capable can hit the portal. I could find another 10-15 guys tomorrow to get rid of that wouldn't cause anyone to say a word.

I think you take as many as you need to find that 1. It's the most important position on the field. It's been under recruited and recruited poorly.

To also be blunt, the QBs that aren't capable can hit the portal. I could find another 10-15 guys tomorrow to get rid of that wouldn't cause anyone to say a word.
I agree, but it wasn't really my point. People's predictions didn't take into account that there haven't been and won't be 5 scholarship QBs on this roster. If everything stays the way it is, nobody is coming through the portal unless one or more of the 3 with remaining eligibility leave. So your prediction can't be portal, CV, NY, TD because that would mean that Dugger is gone. And I don't see any way that's happening.

I agree, but it wasn't really my point. People's predictions didn't take into account that there haven't been and won't be 5 scholarship QBs on this roster. If everything stays the way it is, nobody is coming through the portal unless one or more of the 3 with remaining eligibility leave. So your prediction can't be portal, CV, NY, TD because that would mean that Dugger is gone. And I don't see any way that's happening.
Gothca. I think there's a good chance someone will be gone. One of the reasons they should give Yarnell a start to see what he's got.

0% chance that CV, Yarnell, and Ty are all back. At least will transfer out

I think it's assumed someone will transfer. It's rare to not have one QB on your depth chart transfer out these days

Christian Veilleux - 50%
Transfer - 45%
Nate Yarnell - 3%
Ty D 2%

Sound right?
I'd say that's probably about right.

But ultimately it depends on who he hires as OC. But if my instincts are correct, he will:

1. Hire the same type of OC.

2. You will hear all kinds of praise from the staff as to how Veilleux has improved over the off season.

3. As a result, Veilleux will be named the starter going into the 2024 season.

What happens after that depends on the OC

My previous prediction:

Transfer - 80%
CV - 19%
NY/TD - 1%

My "slightly" revised prediction:

NY - 99%
Anyone else - 1%

Reactions: Dan1911

My previous prediction:

Transfer - 80%
CV - 19%
NY/TD - 1%

My "slightly" revised prediction:

NY - 99%
Anyone else - 1%
Don’t forget about mule-head’s promises. CV will be in the mix - at least thru summer…coachspeak you know

You guys are way overreacting to Yarnell. Again, not saying he won't be the guy... but that's far from determined. I've seen this board crown Ben DiNucci after a 4/9 performance against NW, Nick Patti, CV, and many others over the years.

Right now, I think it's as close as you can get to being:

Transfer... 33.33%
CV... 33.33%
NY... 33.33%

You guys are way overreacting to Yarnell. Again, not saying he won't be the guy... but that's far from determined. I've seen this board crown Ben DiNucci after a 4/9 performance against NW, Nick Patti, CV, and many others over the years.

Right now, I think it's as close as you can get to being:

Transfer... 33.33%
CV... 33.33%
NY... 33.33%
what about the other .01%?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT