ADVERTISEMENT

That damn Ron Cook is at it again.

Narduzzi does seem to get high character players. That said, I'll take guys raising heck on the Southside every weekend if we make the CFP.

Reactions: Pitt79
Awesome. That’s what makes it genuine. Usually we just see negativity.

Narduzzi does seem to get high character players. That said, I'll take guys raising heck on the Southside every weekend if we make the CFP.
we havent been stricken by the Carson Street Summer curse for awhile. Under Wanny and even graham, i'd expect at least one or two departures from our football team due to some south side arrests over the summer.. it was like clock work.

but nothing lately.

Reactions: xslfyk4
No thanks. Cook needs to go.
He’s not all bad. I read that article waiting for the other shoe to drop. He will sometimes try to play both sides of the coin often in an effort to appear unbiased. In this case there’s wasn’t another side of the coin. It was all positive.

Reactions: CCHS82
we havent been stricken by the Carson Street Summer curse for awhile. Under Wanny and even graham, i'd expect at least one or two departures from our football team due to some south side arrests over the summer.. it was like clock work.

but nothing lately.
Wasnt AD's crew involved in a fight in some Russian club on the Southside a couple years ago? They should have gone to the Ukrainian club instead.

Wasnt AD's crew involved in a fight in some Russian club on the Southside a couple years ago? They should have gone to the Ukrainian club instead.
the one next to jacks? That used to be an after hours place back in the 90's. Wed sometimes go over after last call in my younger days. Place sucked, all after hours bars sucked, no clue why i just didnt go home and drink.

Reactions: xslfyk4
He’s not all bad. I read that article waiting for the other shoe to drop. He will sometimes try to play both sides of the coin often in an effort to appear unbiased. In this case there’s wasn’t another side of the coin. It was all positive.
Indeed.

but nothing lately.
One good aspect of NIL: There's potentially more at stake to lose if South Side shenanigans take place.

Sorry. He can’t be redeemed. This goes beyond petty PSU / Pitt rivalry junk. During that whole Sandusky/Paterno/Bradley fiasco he was the fiercest defender of those creeps and he’s never given an ounce to this day on his fervent belief in their innocence, nay, utmost purity. Even as more and more disturbing truths emerged (and still do) he’s doubled and tripled down. Guys like him And his brethren and their undying devotion to Paterno were the main reason a monster like Sandusky was able to operate for so long. A couple grudging platitudes about an obviously wonderful thing that Pitt players are doing don’t redeem those 30ish years. Don’t be fooled, people.

• Haha
Reactions: jtownknowitall
Sorry. He can’t be redeemed. This goes beyond petty PSU / Pitt rivalry junk. During that whole Sandusky/Paterno/Bradley fiasco he was the fiercest defender of those creeps and he’s never given an ounce to this day on his fervent belief in their innocence, nay, utmost purity. Even as more and more disturbing truths emerged (and still do) he’s doubled and tripled down. Guys like him And his brethren and their undying devotion to Paterno were the main reason a monster like Sandusky was able to operate for so long. A couple grudging platitudes about an obviously wonderful thing that Pitt players are doing don’t redeem those 30ish years. Don’t be fooled, people.
Ok. I’m not going to argue about Ron cook. I’ll take your word for it. But I used to listen often to his radio show. I don’t anymore. And he wasn’t defending Joe and Jerry then.

Whether you like him or not and setting that part aside, he wrote the truth. He wrote about what's really important in life, helping others. And how this Pitt team is full of winners who want to help others and DO IT. The values that Narduzzi is instilling in these players is the best and most important part of his coaching. Sure does make them easy to root for, in spite of the garbage and nonsense going on everywhere else.

All of that being said, it is hypocritical of Cook to write a piece about anyone or any program when he admires and bows at the altar of child rapists and pedophiles. That tells me how disingenuous he is as a writer and he is a liar and goes whichever way the wind is blowing that benefits him. The article would have been better if it were written by someone with some credibility and journalistic expertise.

Hail to Pitt!

Last edited:

but nothing lately.
Apparently, that's what we have a basketball team for. It's not for winning basketball games, that's for sure.

but nothing lately.
Even the football players are scared to go to the south side now. Ain’t no one taking a bullet for a soft pretzel and a skank hoe from Jacks.

That was my expectation , too
But it was positive because there was no way to spin it badly

Even the football players are scared to go to the south side now. Ain’t no one taking a bullet for a soft pretzel and a skank hoe from Jacks.
Southside is not cool anymore for anyone other than Duquesne kids
Pitt kids can hit Shadyside , Lawrenceville , east liberty , and Bloomfield instead for better bars and restaurants

Can you elaborate? I am curious I listen to him on the fan and he puts me to sleep occasionally.

I actually regret hijacking the thread which was meant in good intentions to call positive attention to Pitt’s community service. So I’ll just summarize by saying that in the time of the Sandusky/Paterno/Bradley scandal, Cook was the most vehement defender of all of them, and that never abated,even after the slam-dunk guilty verdicts, prison sentence and that even more horrible news kept emerging. He not only didn’t budge but doubled and tripled down on it. Any other place he’d have been rightfully banished. But the reality is this is Pittsburgh and you’ll never go broke apologizing for the Steelers and PSU. That will never change (especially if the horrors of that scandal didn’t do it). It does no good for any one individual to light a candle in the darkness. The message is the important thing, as others have said. And while I haven’t read that column I am aware of the subject and the details, and it definitely is pride worthy for the university and supporters.

• Haha
I actually regret hijacking the thread which was meant in good intentions to call positive attention to Pitt’s community service. So I’ll just summarize by saying that in the time of the Sandusky/Paterno/Bradley scandal, Cook was the most vehement defender of all of them, and that never abated,even after the slam-dunk guilty verdicts, prison sentence and that even more horrible news kept emerging. He not only didn’t budge but doubled and tripled down on it. Any other place he’d have been rightfully banished. But the reality is this is Pittsburgh and you’ll never go broke apologizing for the Steelers and PSU. That will never change (especially if the horrors of that scandal didn’t do it). It does no good for any one individual to light a candle in the darkness. The message is the important thing, as others have said. And while I haven’t read that column I am aware of the subject and the details, and it definitely is pride worthy for the university and supporters.
He defended Paturdo, Sandusky and Bradley to the point you have to wonder what skeletons are in his closet!
He is weird and a bitter old man!

• Haha
Oh wow I did not realize Cookie was such a PSU apologist.

You are absolutely right about the absence of criticism for PSU and the Steelers in this town it is crazy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT