ADVERTISEMENT

The lawsuit that could open the door for Hinson to return

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001

These players, just like Hinson, have played 4 full seasons of college basketball. Also like Hinson, they didnt play in 2020-21. The difference was these guys didnt play because the Ivy League didnt have a season. Hinson didnt play for medical reasons. The NCAA is never going to win another eligibility lawsuit so these guys will win. Hinson probably could come back if he wants to. He'd fetch 7 figures either here or somewhere else.

These players, just like Hinson, have played 4 full seasons of college basketball. Also like Hinson, they didnt play in 2020-21. The difference was these guys didnt play because the Ivy League didnt have a season. Hinson didnt play for medical reasons. The NCAA is never going to win another eligibility lawsuit so these guys will win. Hinson probably could come back if he wants to. He'd fetch 7 figures either here or somewhere else.
Does Hinson want another year? That question is pertinent.

Not that matters but has Blake graduated? If not, he may want to add a spiffy Pitt degree to his wall!

I don't see Hinson having any interest whatsoever in playing more college. He wanted to go pro last year even. Why post think if there's zero inkling he has any interest in returning?

And, if he inexplicably does and gets 1M, it certainly wouldn't be from Pitt. Some other deep pocket program not named Pitt would sign him... Probably be at Arkansas with Thiero. So, again, why even post this?

Last edited:
Money talks. Pitt would pony up for him for one more run if possible. He may not have wanted to be here but still hit 40 percent from three this year…

Money talks. Pitt would pony up for him for one more run if possible. He may not have wanted to be here but still hit 40 percent from three this year…

Yea, I mean hypothetically, if these guys win and it gets applied to Hinson, $1 million is going to be hard to turn down even if its some other school. And I do think Pitt would do everything in its power to keep him and perhaps Hinson would take a small hometown discount to stay.

If he comes back, it would be purely for money. At least a dozen teams would easily outbid Pitt. He already took a hometown discount last season.

If he comes back, it would be purely for money. At least a dozen teams would easily outbid Pitt. He already took a hometown discount last season.
Exactly. If he were to come back to the college game, you’d think he’d make twice somewhere else that he would make here. Tipton said on Twitter that Cliff Oromouyi was recruited into the portal with a 2 million offer. While that’s not confirmed and should be taken with a grain of salt…if teams are getting up to $2 million I’d think 1.5’mil is safe to assume.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
@Chris Peak @JimHammett @Matt Steinbrink can any of you guys touch on this subject, wether or not it's actually possible and if it would ever happen

They will say Hinson is ready to move on to the pros and its probably true. However, these guys are 100% not going to lose this lawsuit. There will never be a player lose another eligibility lawsuit again. The NCAA has made up completely arbitrary eligibility rules. Global pandemic? Ok, everyone gets a 5th full season. I mean its a nice thing to do but what sense does it really make? If you are an Ivy player or an injured player like Hinson, you didnt get the full 5 years. So you will win a lawsuit to get it.

I've been saying all season Hinson could get another year if he wanted it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT