ADVERTISEMENT

The real point spread

Joe the Panther Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Jul 6, 2001
Rather than the one being speculated about in the other thread, is Pitt -4-1/2 at most places with the game up so far.

And no, that is not a misprint. Pitt MINUS 4-1/2.

Seven is pretty much starting at the Sagarin prediction of Gonzga by 6.5.

The odds have subsequently been
dropping as more bettors take Pitt--probably because of the uncertainty about the health of two of the Gonzaga big men.

Don't they replace their 1, 2 and 3? I think that's part of it. Plus, we bring back basically everyone important.

Seven is pretty much starting at the Sagarin prediction of Gonzga by 6.5.

The odds have subsequently been
dropping as more bettors take Pitt--probably because of the uncertainty about the health of two of the Gonzaga big men.

DC, you have it exactly backwards. Pitt is, currently, a four point FAVORITE, not an underdog. Some places have it at 4-1/2 and some at 3-1/2, but everyone is in that spread (as of this moment).

That's what it says on Vegas Insider but I think it's supposed to be flipped. Other places have Gonzaga as the favorite which makes alot more sense.

That would make more sense. It is maybe understandable that they got it backwards to begin with, but it's been updated several times. You'd think someone would notice.

Reactions: cabe23
Vegasinsider does have it flippped.

When I saw Pitt -4.5 this morning I immediately got on my phone to pound Gonzaga on my mobile accounts. Unfortunately everyone in town had the correct line up with Gonzaga being anywhere from a 4 to 4.5 favorite.

This sometimes happens with these neutral site games.

Vegasinsider does have it flippped.

When I saw Pitt -4.5 this morning I immediately got on my phone to pound Gonzaga on my mobile accounts. Unfortunately everyone in town had the correct line up with Gonzaga being anywhere from a 4 to 4.5 favorite.

This sometimes happens with these neutral site games.

This would make much more sense.

Gonzaga -4 or -5 is still a pretty favorable and surprising line.

Line has dropped to Gonzaga -3.5 Heavy money being dumped on Pitt in Vegas, with reason.

Also noted just about every Zag fan has Pitt losing by 15-20 points tonight and us getting blown out of Japan. Ready for this game. Hopefully the guards show up. Expect Artis and Young to tee off against this team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT