ADVERTISEMENT

Trying hard to stay possitive.

CodysDad

Redshirt
Sep 6, 2014
At times this season I've found it very hard to watch this team. Other times it's like they are ready to breakout and be what we all were hoping they could be. A great stable of RB's, a gem of a QB with so much potential, a stacked OL with depth, a defense line with guys who will be playing on Sundays. At times I still see all of that. Other times,,, I just don't know.

I'm not sure if our team has had more injuries than most others but it sure seems like it. I feel from week to week we lose two key players just as one is coming back.

At times Slovis shows us a glimpse of what we thought we were getting when he chose to come to Pitt. Other times he seems to hold the ball too long waiting for his receivers to get open. He has not shown the ability to move very well as far as I can see. Every week I say, "OK, this is the week, let it rip kid, show us what we thought we were getting with you." Obviously, his poor showing can partially be laid at the feet of the receivers. Besides Wayne I really don't see much in this group. They all show glimpses of greatness buy they just can't seem to do it consistently. We need a receiver with top end speed to get down the field. (doesn't everybody) We need receivers who can hold on to the damn ball!

I know like most running backs Israel wants the ball as many times as he can get it but I find myself saying "that's enough get him out of there before he gets hurt." I guess it's just because we have had so many injuries this season. Coming into this season I was and still am a huge Hammond fan. But, like many of the other key players on the team injuries have dashed my hopes so far with him. I hope he is back this week and coach can give Izzy a little breather.

As far as coaching goes, I don't know if it's bad coaching, bad execution, lack of trust in players to execute plays or just the opposition's preparation to play Pitt. But, most of the time I'm like "what the f*** were you thinking." I guess I'm like many other Pitt fans in that regard.

After last week, I've given up on the potential of this team for the season. Yesterday's game has done nothing to make me change my mind. The old saying fits well with this team. "Never underestimate this team's ability to play down to the competition."

So on to next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News