ADVERTISEMENT

U.S. v Jamaica

yep yep. i can't watch because i don't have paramount+ or univision. But, 0-1 against a very depleted Jamaica squad. What an embarrassment. This generation is going to be wasted due to complete incompetence in hiring a gaffer.

Eff USSF. I'm rooting for ancestral national teams now in Germany and Poland.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Gio again. Wow. What a talent.

He needs to play for Pep. Eff the second rate club managers who don’t know how to use him.

That’s what Gio does!

He was probably the best player on the field from the time he stepped on.

The only bad thing about that last second equalizer is that maybe if we had lost to a Jamaica team that was missing so many players that someone at US Soccer would have realized that still, after all this time, Burp is in over his head.

But probably not, so might as well get a lucky win to set up a probable game against Mexico on Sunday. Those are usually pretty fun, especially when a trophy is on the line.

Derp should have been sacked immediately. He is wasting the talent of this team with his incompetency.

He is wasting the talent of this team with his incompetency.

Every time they play a team that parks the bus like that they have absolutely no clue what to do to try to break it down. Everyone stands around and hopes that someone else does something special to create an opportunity. And then after the game, just like yesterday, he says something like "well we told the guys that this team would be really tough, but they didn't seem to get the message."

Well first of all, playing that team last night should not have been tough. You can't even use the excuse of well it's really hard to play some of these CONCACAF teams in their home country like he frequently wants to do, seeing as to how the game was in Arlington and there didn't appear to be many Jamaica fans in the stands at all. You are a lot better than them at full strength, and they were missing multiple starters. There was no reason for that to be a tough game.

And secondly, if you keep telling them that and they keep not paying attention, for whatever reason, doesn't that say just about everything we need it to say?

Listen…it’s soccer. This is what happens…like all the time. The Jamaica manager is the same guy who eliminated England from the euros coaching for Ice frickin Land. I’m not going to defend Derp, ok maybe I am lol, but his subs got the job done.

The problem is breaking down a 5-4-1 bunker when the opponent scored in the first 30 seconds of the match.

For me I’m starting to see a bit of tactical things with this roster and I hate to say it but Weston might be right for some teams and Gio for others. Weston is good for long diagonal switches and services. And we know he’s good on set pieces aerially. Gio is the guy who does a good job dictating tempo and breaking down bunkers.

It was one night. But I was disappointed with Scally and Musah. Balogun annd Tillman did nothing. And I think Meola is tremendous on color, certainly better than a tool like Twellman. But I disagree with his assessment of CP10 last night. He should have scored on his big opportunity, his corners were weak and his passes completed percentage seemed to be low. But I haven’t looked at the stats. He didn’t pass the eye test for me.

his corners were weak

I don't understand him taking pretty much every corner any time he's on the field. He's just not that good at them. Way too often his ball doesn't beat the first defender, which means you have no chance at anything good happening.

I don't understand him taking pretty much every corner any time he's on the field. He's just not that good at them. Way too often his ball doesn't beat the first defender, which means you have no chance at anything good happening.
I just looked at his sofascore stats. He lost possession 19 times. That’s a lot for him. And he didn’t complete 1 dribble. That’s primarily what I saw. Yet if he finishes that one opportunity, he probably would have graded out very well for the match.

Every time they play a team that parks the bus like that they have absolutely no clue what to do to try to break it down. Everyone stands around and hopes that someone else does something special to create an opportunity. And then after the game, just like yesterday, he says something like "well we told the guys that this team would be really tough, but they didn't seem to get the message."

Well first of all, playing that team last night should not have been tough. You can't even use the excuse of well it's really hard to play some of these CONCACAF teams in their home country like he frequently wants to do, seeing as to how the game was in Arlington and there didn't appear to be many Jamaica fans in the stands at all. You are a lot better than them at full strength, and they were missing multiple starters. There was no reason for that to be a tough game.

And secondly, if you keep telling them that and they keep not paying attention, for whatever reason, doesn't that say just about everything we need it to say?
Derp really is 100% incompetent. It is inexcusable to be this abysmal against an undermanned Jamaica team. If Leon Bailey and Michail Antonio are fit, the U.S. loses last night.
Listen…it’s soccer. This is what happens…like all the time. The Jamaica manager is the same guy who eliminated England from the euros coaching for Ice frickin Land. I’m not going to defend Derp, ok maybe I am lol, but his subs got the job done.

The problem is breaking down a 5-4-1 bunker when the opponent scored in the first 30 seconds of the match.

For me I’m starting to see a bit of tactical things with this roster and I hate to say it but Weston might be right for some teams and Gio for others. Weston is good for long diagonal switches and services. And we know he’s good on set pieces aerially. Gio is the guy who does a good job dictating tempo and breaking down bunkers.

It was one night. But I was disappointed with Scally and Musah. Balogun annd Tillman did nothing. And I think Meola is tremendous on color, certainly better than a tool like Twellman. But I disagree with his assessment of CP10 last night. He should have scored on his big opportunity, his corners were weak and his passes completed percentage seemed to be low. But I haven’t looked at the stats. He didn’t pass the eye test for me.
FK, it wasn't just one night. They have looked abysmal against concacaf competition in the past under Derp until late in matches. He is just not good enough. And the fact the USSF brought him back after letting contract lapse is insane. Again, gimme Wynalda or Solo for USSF president.

His subs did get the job done, but why in the hell didn't he have this team steady at the start and not concede a 1st minute goal. With the exception of something very special, super early goals are nothing more than a team not being ready and that starts at the top. He shouldn't need his subs to eek out of victory on a very fortuitous own goal. The U.S. should have murdered this Jamaican team. With a legit gaffer, they do. Mexico didn't mess around with Panama.

This federation cannot allow this moron to be in charge for 2026.

Derp really is 100% incompetent. It is inexcusable to be this abysmal against an undermanned Jamaica team. If Leon Bailey and Michail Antonio are fit, the U.S. loses last night.

FK, it wasn't just one night. They have looked abysmal against concacaf competition in the past under Derp until late in matches. He is just not good enough. And the fact the USSF brought him back after letting contract lapse is insane. Again, gimme Wynalda or Solo for USSF president.

His subs did get the job done, but why in the hell didn't he have this team steady at the start and not concede a 1st minute goal. With the exception of something very special, super early goals are nothing more than a team not being ready and that starts at the top. He shouldn't need his subs to eek out of victory on a very fortuitous own goal. The U.S. should have murdered this Jamaican team. With a legit gaffer, they do. Mexico didn't mess around with Panama.

This federation cannot allow this moron to be in charge for 2026.

I'll ask the same question I always ask when people suggest this: who do you want to replace him with?

And, "anyone else" isn't a legitimate response.

The answers I've heard are usually underwhelming.

The US isn't like Mexico where they're going to have several coaches in a year. The World Cup coach will likely be Berhalter or his immediate replacement.

In light of that, if you want a big name, it probably makes sense to make a change after the Copa or even next year. I don't see a big name coach taking the job now for 2.5 years, but I could see one being interested in taking it the closer we get to 2026, if only for a year or two.

I'll ask the same question I always ask when people suggest this: who do you want to replace him with?

And, "anyone else" isn't a legitimate response.

The answers I've heard are usually underwhelming.

The US isn't like Mexico where they're going to have several coaches in a year. The World Cup coach will likely be Berhalter or his immediate replacement.

In light of that, if you want a big name, it probably makes sense to make a change after the Copa or even next year. I don't see a big name coach taking the job now for 2.5 years, but I could see one being interested in taking it the closer we get to 2026, if only for a year or two.
Out of a pool of people I would like to see given a shot,

Tata
BJ Callahan
Jesse Marsch
Marco Silva-massive pipe dream

I know, Tata doesn't speak english so everyone will think that is a dumb choice, I thought he should have been given a legit shot when Derp was hired the 1st time. I think BJ did a nice job as interim and could do well. Hell, I also think Dave Sarachan is a better coach than Derp. Sarachan was interim and coached alot of these players during his interim time.

He isn't an option now, but I always thought highly of Bob Bradley and think he has been the best national team coach we have had.

Out of a pool of people I would like to see given a shot,

Tata
BJ Callahan
Jesse Marsch
Marco Silva-massive pipe dream

I know, Tata doesn't speak english so everyone will think that is a dumb choice, I thought he should have been given a legit shot when Derp was hired the 1st time. I think BJ did a nice job as interim and could do well. Hell, I also think Dave Sarachan is a better coach than Derp. Sarachan was interim and coached alot of these players during his interim time.

He isn't an option now, but I always thought highly of Bob Bradley and think he has been the best national team coach we have had.
Tata was awful as Mexican coach, losing to GB in two finals and doing worse than the US at the World Cup

Liking Callahan sounds to me like wanting the backup QB. His resume is pretty unremarkable imo.

Marsch has little national team experience and his recent club results have not been good. I don't see how he's an upgrade.

Silva is not taking the job anytime soon.

Not sure why Jogi Low's name doesn't come up in these conversations but he's available. Decent chance Lionel Scaloni will be available after the Copa but I have no idea if he'd be willing to move to the US or if they'd be OK with him living in Spain.

Don't know how they'd adjust to the US level of talent but at least they've been successful national team coaches

Tata was awful as Mexican coach, losing to GB in two finals and doing worse than the US at the World Cup

Liking Callahan sounds to me like wanting the backup QB. His resume is pretty unremarkable imo.

Marsch has little national team experience and his recent club results have not been good. I don't see how he's an upgrade.

Silva is not taking the job anytime soon.
Yes, Silva is a pipe dream but he is a very good coach. I could get on board with Low.

Agree with you on Jose. I don't think he would do well with any national team. Not enough constant spotlight

Reactions: brdst11
If we could not give up a goal in the first 32 seconds we might be OK. I mean at least make Mexico take 35, maybe even 36 seconds before allowing a goal.

After seeing what happened in a couple other games today, I guess we shouldn't complain about 32 seconds.

Germany scored a goal seven seconds in to their game with France. And Austria one-upped that by scoring a goal six second in to their game against Slovakia.

• Wow
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
After seeing what happened in a couple other games today, I guess we shouldn't complain about 32 seconds.

Germany scored a goal seven seconds in to their game with France. And Austria one-upped that by scoring a goal six second in to their game against Slovakia.
I watched two elite Chelsea Women’s forwards link up to score an incredible goal in 70seconds today. This is off topic, but I just felt like mentioning it because Mia Fischel is a capped US player at Chelsea and if healthy she’s probably the 5th best forward on that squad. At least Macario is currently 3rd choice but we all know her pedigree. Just thought I’d mention that. Carry on everyone with your days. Lol.

Haji has been very physical. Gio looks good.

And…WOW! Tyler Adams! Laser beam. If not for Memo stopping Puli, it’d be 2-0 for the Yanks.

Dest, you s.o.b. When he’s locked on, the talent is off the charts and he is locked on tonight. Here is to hoping he was humbled from T&T.

Overall, they look comfy. Richards though makes me a lil nervous.

Reactions: brdst11 and Fk_Pitt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT