ADVERTISEMENT

Uniforms

BreakingPitt

All Conference
Apr 27, 2021
I know this has been talked about a ton and is not that important but I was hoping the team would have gotten new white uniforms this season. I really dislike the home whites. They look dirty and bland.
Anyways is there a rule that you have to wear white at home ? , a shame those blue uniforms hardly get any wear.

Can we at least have a throwback game ?

917fbVFV4UL.jpg

What I dont understand about their uniforms is they dont use the 3rd color, which really makes no sense. The white uniforms only use blue. The blue uniforms only use gold. They need to use the 3rd color to make it pop more. Football is the same way. Even back to the Stallings days, this was the same style but just different shades of blue and gold.

Absolutely, have to use 3rd color. All good uniforms are outlined on the chest.

What I dont understand about their uniforms is they dont use the 3rd color, which really makes no sense. The white uniforms only use blue. The blue uniforms only use gold. They need to use the 3rd color to make it pop more. Football is the same way. Even back to the Stallings days, this was the same style but just different shades of blue and gold.
Geez, I forgot they had Pony shoes back then. Those were the worst!

I have a uniform suggestion...

pitt0809.jpg
Here’s a wild (maybe unpopular) suggestion: take a page out of UCLA’s book and use the ‘Script Pitt’ for football and ‘Block Pitt’ for basketball. At one point, the two programs even had different color schemes. Not to say that’s good brand management, but there’s at least precedent for it.

Here’s a wild (maybe unpopular) suggestion: take a page out of UCLA’s book and use the ‘Script Pitt’ for football and ‘Block Pitt’ for basketball. At one point, the two programs even had different color schemes. Not to say that’s good brand management, but there’s at least precedent for it.
images

These I could absolutely get behind.

Just outline Pitt in white and do the exact same for the white ones . Not that hard. Get shorts that have trim and get rid of that dumb panther head.

shopping

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Just outline Pitt in white and do the exact same for the white ones . Not that hard. Get shorts that have trim and get rid of that dumb panther head.

shopping

I dont like the yellow numbers. Should be like the old days. White numbers with yellow outline.

I dont like the yellow numbers. Should be like the old days. White numbers with yellow outline.

The new jerseys not being embroidered makes them look like practice attire, to me. I haven't paid attention, but I'm sure all schools are wearing the same "breathable" material these days, but the old uncomfortable polyester with the embroidered numbers always looked better, in my opinion.

Good brand management would be to choose a dominant color and stick with it, and promote it in their uniforms and merchandise. When you see a game at Syracuse all the fans are in orange, at North Carolina they are all in that baby blue, in Louisville they all wear red. If you turn a Pitt game on TV, and they are showing the stands, you have no idea what team it is.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Good brand management would be to choose a dominant color and stick with it, and promote it in their uniforms and merchandise. When you see a game at Syracuse all the fans are in orange, at North Carolina they are all in that baby blue, in Louisville they all wear red. If you turn a Pitt game on TV, and they are showing the stands, you have no idea what team it is.
Yup. That’s why I was so against the idea of wearing black to begin with during last March’s tournament run. When you’re playing on the biggest stage in front of a national audience, go with *your* brand!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT