ADVERTISEMENT

USMNT player rankings based on current form

AND apparently because it was Luton, and the VAR guy was a Luton supporter…if you are to believe the official Nottingham Forest twitter. Crazy stuff.

way out of line. you can't operate like that. file a grievance throgh proper channels.

anyway, richards played well on sunday. did you watch palace in the first 30 minutes? i'm not kidding - looked like prime barcelona with messi. one of the english guys said it was the best 30 minutes in the league this season.

eze and olise will be gone in 2 months - oh well. fun while it lasted.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
way out of line. you can't operate like that. file a grievance throgh proper channels.

anyway, richards played well on sunday. did you watch palace in the first 30 minutes? i'm not kidding - looked like prime barcelona with messi. one of the english guys said it was the best 30 minutes in the league this season.

eze and olise will be gone in 2 months - oh well. fun while it lasted.
I didn’t watch any soccer Sunday. I’m disappointed I didn’t watch the Coventry v Man U FA Cup semi, but I bet I would have turned it off at 0-3 and missed all the fun anyways.

I did enjoy Chelsea taking it to City though on Saturday. Too bad they didn’t get the penalty for an obvious handball in the box and win the match. But when you have a billion dollar team and have a striker who blows 4 sitters in a loss , I have no right to complain about officiating.

I didn’t watch any soccer Sunday. I’m disappointed I didn’t watch the Coventry v Man U FA Cup semi, but I bet I would have turned it off at 0-3 and missed all the fun anyways.

I did enjoy Chelsea taking it to City though on Saturday. Too bad they didn’t get the penalty for an obvious handball in the box and win the match. But when you have a billion dollar team and have a striker who blows 4 sitters in a loss , I have no right to complain about officiating.

i didn't see the chelsea game, either. my son had a game. his buddy's dad is from london an a lifelong chelsea fan. he and his wife changed shifts to start the chelsea game. i asked him if he had any hope: "none."

he and i can make heads or tales of the sudden enforcement of all the financial rules. obviosuly chelsea falunted them for a good bit of time. but punshing forrest? they were definitely not in compliance but it makes no sense that city have 100+ infractions and not a word is said about it.

they keep saying that gallagher has to get sold for chelsea to be in compliance. i'm not for chelsea or the absurd spending. but i also don't understand why chelsea has to sell but can't understand how in the hell city are in compliance.

i didn't see the chelsea game, either. my son had a game. his buddy's dad is from london an a lifelong chelsea fan. he and his wife changed shifts to start the chelsea game. i asked him if he had any hope: "none."

he and i can make heads or tales of the sudden enforcement of all the financial rules. obviosuly chelsea falunted them for a good bit of time. but punshing forrest? they were definitely not in compliance but it makes no sense that city have 100+ infractions and not a word is said about it.

they keep saying that gallagher has to get sold for chelsea to be in compliance. i'm not for chelsea or the absurd spending. but i also don't understand why chelsea has to sell but can't understand how in the hell city are in compliance.
I don’t know. Chelsea just had that loan army that allowed them to spend whenever they needed to. The new ownership has just taken spending to a new level, playing fantasy football or video game football and collecting any high priced (mostly) young talent they wanted. And they skirted FFP by dishing out 7 year contracts but still now they are up against it. If they want to buy they have to sell. Gallagher would bring the most money back. I like him. I like him a lot actually. I’m just not sure he’s Chelsea level. You love guys like him with that work rate…and that’s great. But he has little end product. But they spent a lot of money on high priced guys that even I could see was a waste. I can go on and on with names but I hated essentially every deal except the Enzo one. And I wanted Caicedo too but I am beginning to question that one too. Not to mention Brighton raked Chelsea over the coals for that one.

Oh I liked the Lavia and Nkunku deals too, except I thought Tyler Adams was 80X cheaper than Lavia and both players have missed the entire season with injuries. Then they bring in Palmer as an afterthought on the last day of the window and he looks like a superstar.

If these players don’t work out, who is going to take them with those massive contracts. Dumb as arrogant LA Dodger owner thought he knew football when he bought the team. He was wrong.

Look how a guy like McAllister transformed Liverpool and he didn’t cost that much. The guys at Liverpool know what they are doing.

Now if they can only do that for the Penguins.

Oh and Pochettino? Maybe the nicest man in football. Just not sure he’s up for the job. The jury is still out.

I don’t know. Chelsea just had that loan army that allowed them to spend whenever they needed to. The new ownership has just taken spending to a new level, playing fantasy football or video game football and collecting any high priced (mostly) young talent they wanted. And they skirted FFP by dishing out 7 year contracts but still now they are up against it. If they want to buy they have to sell. Gallagher would bring the most money back. I like him. I like him a lot actually. I’m just not sure he’s Chelsea level. You love guys like him with that work rate…and that’s great. But he has little end product. But they spent a lot of money on high priced guys that even I could see was a waste. I can go on and on with names but I hated essentially every deal except the Enzo one. And I wanted Caicedo too but I am beginning to question that one too. Not to mention Brighton raked Chelsea over the coals for that one.

Oh I liked the Lavia and Nkunku deals too, except I thought Tyler Adams was 80X cheaper than Lavia and both players have missed the entire season with injuries. Then they bring in Palmer as an afterthought on the last day of the window and he looks like a superstar.

If these players don’t work out, who is going to take them with those massive contracts. Dumb as arrogant LA Dodger owner thought he knew football when he bought the team. He was wrong.

Look how a guy like McAllister transformed Liverpool and he didn’t cost that much. The guys at Liverpool know what they are doing.

Now if they can only do that for the Penguins.

Oh and Pochettino? Maybe the nicest man in football. Just not sure he’s up for the job. The jury is still out.

i thought poch was great for spurs. so i really figured he'd do well at a bigger club. didn't blame him for PSG b/c that's just a dumb club. not sure why he's not doing better right now. but like you say, the roster doesn't exactly scare anyone.

Dest tearing his ACL and missing Copa is BRUTAL for the US. I'm confident some combination of Scally/Weah can fill in alright, but it lowers our sauce levels so much

Dest tearing his ACL and missing Copa is BRUTAL for the US. I'm confident some combination of Scally/Weah can fill in alright, but it lowers our sauce levels so much

Neither is going to be at Dest's level but it's good to have other guys playing in top leagues as backup options.

With Dest's injury and the way that several of our player's club teams line up on a regular basis, it might be time to think about some variation of a three in the back formation with two wingbacks.

But thinking about something like that might sprain Burp's brain.

• Haha
Well if we slide Weah back, we have 2 players who started at right wing this past weekend in EPL and Serie A. Reyna started there at NF and Musah started there for AC Milan.

Last edited:
Reactions: brdst11
With Dest's injury and the way that several of our player's club teams line up on a regular basis, it might be time to think about some variation of a three in the back formation with two wingbacks.

But thinking about something like that might sprain Burp's brain.

Evidently Weah has played for Juve as part of back 3.

Well if we slide Weah back, we have 2 players who started at right wing this past weekend in EPL and Serie A. Reyna started there at NF and Musah started there for AC Milan.
I think Wright/Balogun would also be strong options on the wing there. Haji has played a lot of wing for Coventry this season and has been good.

Ok. Forget Dest. When do fans start paying attention to what’s going on with Tyler Adams? He didn’t make the bench yesterday and doubtful he will this weekend. It’s over a month now since he’s played. I’m starting to think we won’t be seeing him at Copa either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT